• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland Season 2 |OT| It Hits Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

I didn't thought Homeland's second season was THAT bad, but yes it was pretty bad, especially considering the first one won
stole
both an Emmy and a Golden Globe.
Anyway, the setting for the third season left me completely, utterly disappointed. Also the fact that I read a writer's interview in which he said "It's not a show about America, it's a love story.". Fuck you, that's a cop out, pure and simple. They obviously realized they weren't capable of dealing with such themes so they simply came out with "Oh guys, you didn't notice? The point of the show is finding out if Carrie and Brody will ever stay together!!! That's the only important dilemma!!!".
Now I read of this "In the first draft Carrie went with him" shit, are you joking? My God.
Basically I'm watching this show for Mandy Patinkin and that's it.
The sad part is that this is Showtime. The show will never end. At least seven seasons confirmed.
This is why i won't follow season 3.
This show is never getting good again, it's that simple.

HigXx

Leaked first episode isn't completed i.e. it's missing VFX and some unfinished Audio.

Ehhhh it's very middling... Need to see where it's all heading.

Yeah focusing on brody and claire to get back is stupid, the show should be about dealing with terrorists etc, that what makes this show so fucking great.

Going to be a good first episode.

jtb

Banned
Honestly, the premiere was good. Not great, but definitely the focus was back on not just the CIA but the backroom politicking, and it really did feel like a return to S1 without all the Brody bullshit. It's a shame he's not dead for good, because that would have really given this show an injection of life.

Minus Zach from Dexter. holy shit I hate that kid so much.

huxley00

I watched the first season and found it to be gripping and very entertaining. Then...the last 20 minutes of the finale came and my brain simply couldn't process it.

Show would have been much better if he had succeeded in his mission and then moved on to a new story line the second season. At this point, I'm writing the show off, the first several episodes of the second season were just too ridiculous and the plot is getting completely crazy.

Alpende

Honestly, the premiere was good. Not great, but definitely the focus was back on not just the CIA but the backroom politicking, and it really did feel like a return to S1 without all the Brody bullshit. It's a shame he's not dead for good, because that would have really given this show an injection of life.

Minus Zach from Dexter. holy shit I hate that kid so much.

I thought Zach was pretty funny.

maharg

idspispopd
"Saul has amazing stuff this season, and up until this point, he’s only been presented as utterly sympathetic and kind, and we see a much more complex portrait of him here. That’s great, because he’s such a rich character."

Hello.

This probably means he falls in love with Brodie too.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Just watched the leaked premiere and I liked it, then again I'm one of those people that wasn't bothered by Season 2 I was thoroughly entertained by it. I just wonder what they are going to do next, the one thing I hated about S2 was the ending it just felt like an unnecessary contrivance that keeps Brody around somewhere. The show shouldn't be about Brody and Carrie, I think we need to drop Brodie and his family altogether and get back to what we really care about the CIA and crazy ass Carrie and her theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom