• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn confirmed for PC

T-Cake

From the site: "Campaign Period: Campaign Period begins June 10, 2020 at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on June 30, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET, or when supply of Coupon Codes is exhausted, whichever occurs first."

Does that mean they are going to drop HZD on PC tomorrow at their event? (As part of a PS5 upgrade to the console version?)

haha! can you not cancel it? or get a refund and buy again

It shipped already (next day delivery).

Ohhhh well....

Serves me right for not being patient (I should have waited for the Matisse Refresh anyway, but got antsy yesterday as I was staring at my new MOBO and RAM just sitting in boxes)

Damigos

They saying that are still committed to dedicated hardware is very good news. I want Sony to have their exclusives and Nintendo to have their exclusives. Games that can only be okayed on their platform.
MS has chosen a different route, that i am not really a fan of.

kingbean

It shipped already (next day delivery).

Ohhhh well....

Serves me right for not being patient (I should have waited for the Matisse Refresh anyway, but got antsy yesterday as I was staring at my new MOBO and RAM just sitting in boxes)

I've done this: Call the customer support newegg/amazon/whoever and tell them that you missed the deal by one day and you'd really like to be given the current deal and that you would have waited a day if you knew. They did this for me with Far Cry 5 and with another game a few years back.

Damigos

Feels cheap. I know Game Pass is great value but that subscription service model has reminded me of the always online situation from 2013.
I also cant identify myself with a conglomerate like MS. Maybe because of the windows exclusivity of the 90’s and 00’s. Maybe i consider them a software only company or maybe i prefer japanese from american.
Or maybe i dont like their exclusives which are 80% shooters.

Feels cheap. I know Game Pass is great value but that subscription service model has reminded me of the always online situation from 2013.
I also cant identify myself with a conglomerate like MS. Maybe because of the windows exclusivity of the 90’s and 00’s. Maybe i consider them a software only company or maybe i prefer japanese from american.

Yes but nothing is stopping Sony from making the same games they make now and dropping them on PC at the same time. That would be a good thing. Choice is always good.

Senua

Gold Member
Yea it does feel cheap, few quid a month for access to fuck loads of games. Happy wallets!

ACESHIGH

Banned
I cannot think of a scenario where one would wish for a game to only be playable in one platform.

Good ol console warring. The Japanese did well indoctrinating those old millennials to cater to their walled gardens.

kingbean

Price revealed.

gVWmuHH.png

ACESHIGH

Banned
It's going to sell buckloads on Steam at 30 USD if it's a decent port. Hopefully the shareholders can put some pressure on speeding up the PC ports once they see all that money coming in. I mean, if an old PS Vita port set Steam on fire this weekend, we cannot expect less from the biggest new Sony IP this gen.

I'll get both HZD and DS. But I want to see some port reviews before taking the plunge.

Last edited:

Senhua

Because I already played the original and exp at PS4, I will buy this on STEAM for future proof only for max $10 otherwise ~shrug~
I pass (like Persona 4 Golden sorry Sony you are 2-3 years too late for this game on PC).

Holammer

It's going to sell buckloads on Steam at 30 USD if it's a decent port. Hopefully the shareholders can put some pressure on speeding up the PC ports once they see all that money coming in. I mean, if an old PS Vita port set Steam on fire this weekend, we cannot expect less from the biggest new Sony IP this gen.

I'll get both HZD and DS. But I want to see some port reviews before taking the plunge.

It's going to sell tons because of developer pedigree alone, Sony's reputation for top notch first party titles is a big factor too.
I'm not asking for much, but Sony should really offer signed drivers for Dualshock (& 'sense') controllers. That would end a lot of woes for fans of said pads.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I went from a FX 8350 to a 2700X while using a GTX 1080. Mindblowing how much performance I was leaving on the table.
Ive been in the AMD camp my whole life and idk how any of us did it during the 1100T and 8320/50 days. We were leaving so much on the table.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Ive been in the AMD camp my whole life and idk how any of us did it during the 1100T and 8320/50 days. We were leaving so much on the table.

Price. I always go cheap on the CPU and expensive on the GPU. Intel simply charges too much. I've felt that way since the Athlon vs Pentium War.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Can't wait to play this shit on PC, I blew my load on a build 2 years ago and sacraficed buying a PS4 Pro. When does it come out? Wasn't it supposed to be June '20 on PC?

Can't wait to play this shit on PC, I blew my load on a build 2 years ago and sacraficed buying a PS4 Pro. When does it come out? Wasn't it supposed to be June '20 on PC?

It can't be that far away if they are bundling the game with CPUs. I'm more than ready for my second playthrough. I'm also looking forward to the expansion that I missed on PS4!

Not sure why people care if the game they play on their system of choice can be played on other systems? Does it somehow make the experience better?

Not sure why people care if the game they play on their system of choice can be played on other systems? Does it somehow make the experience better?

Yeah it's just a sad and pathetic state of mind to be in. Sadly this forum is full of this kind of people. Almost every topic I go to is poisoned by them. In most cases it makes me laugh buy sometimes the cringe is just too strong and I get this awkward feeling. Sad!

GreyHand23

It's obvious they're only releasing this on PC so more people get to play the first game and then hopefully buy a PS5 to play the second game. I think it's a great strategy.

T-Cake

On spot.

Like I predicted it will probably release near HZD2 hype to make PC users wants to play the sequel and buy PS5.

PS5 marketing plan.

That means Horizon Forbidden West will be out at PS5 launch then. 🤔 This original game will be out by September, I'm 99.9% certain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom