• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: new info from Famitsu [Up: Famitsu preview]

Sorry for the double-post, but more details have surfaced online (on Gematsu):

Agitha is in, and she fights using a parasol. She can also calls upon insect to fight. As for Lana, she IS a brand new character, and she used a book of magic. She can call barriers during fights, but she'll get a recoil if ennemies break it.

There's also the hookshot in the game (as seen in the E3 trailer), alliowing you to reach usually unreachable areas. And finally, to call down the moon from Majora's Mask, you need to equip certain strengthening items.

better than expected OMG

I am so hyped

Not

Banned
Damn that's cool. Hoping now for Ashei, Marin, the Oracle Goddesses, Nabooru, Medli, and of course, Anjean

Nohar

Well, that was unexpected.

So, we have a total of 9 (known) playable characters: Link, Zelda, Impa, Midna, Agitha, Lana, Cia, Wizzro, Valga. The character selection screen of the demo had only 2 characters playable, but shown 7 other "?" characters.
Now, we have to wonder if the 9 characters mentioned so far will be the only ones playable, or if other characters will be unlocked after a few playthroughs. Judging by the layout of the character selection screen (which may or may be not exclusive to the demo version), I would say there is room for at least 4 more hidden characters (more would overlap with one's character artwork). And, well, it's pretty obvious that Ganondorf will be playable, so at the very least we should have 10 characters playable. Anyhow, that's assuming the layout won't accomodate itself for more characters to fit in without overlapping with the artworks.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

So, we have a total of 9 (known) playable characters: Link, Zelda, Impa, Midna, Agitha, Lana, Cia, Wizzro, Valga. The character selection screen of the demo had only 2 characters playable, but shown 7 other "?" characters.
Now, we have to wonder if the 9 characters mentioned so far will be the only ones playable, or if other characters will be unlocked after a few playthroughs. Judging by the layout of the character selection screen (which may or may be not exclusive to the demo version), I would say there is room for at least 4 more hidden characters (more would overlap with one's character artwork). And, well, it's pretty obvious that Ganondorf will be playable, so at the very least we should have 10 characters playable. Anyhow, that's assuming the layout won't accomodate itself for more characters to fit in without overlapping with the artworks.

Wizzo, Valga and Cia have not been confirmed playable,(tho we can assume they will be) idk where you get that from

Nohar

Wizzo, Valga and Cia have not been confirmed playable,(tho we can assume they will be) idk where you get that from

I'm just stating my hypothesis. I invite you to take a look at the character selection screen of the demo, which is the basis of my hypothesis (added it to my post) and which had a total of 9 boxes for 9 playable characters (with 7 of them being "?"). It seems to me that there is room for adding more boxes for more playable characters on the right of the second column. But, well, once again, hidden characters is just an hypothesis of mine. The only certainty is that there is 9 playable characters, and so far 9 characters were revealed (if we are not sure all of them will be playable, I can say it's a safe guess to say they will be).

I'm just stating my hypothesis. I invite you to take a look at the character selection screen of the demo, which is the basis of my hypothesis (added it to my post) and which had a total of 9 boxes for 9 playable characters (with 7 of them being "?"). It seems to me that there is room for adding more boxes for more playable characters on the right of the second column. But, well, once again, hidden characters is just an hypothesis of mine. The only certainty is that there is 9 playable characters, and so far 9 characters were revealed (if we are not sure all of them will be playable, I can say it's a safe guess to say they will be).

you have pic of that?

You might be right since
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/character.html

they seem to focus on Enemies a lot so playable in some modes could be a thing

Zant brings the number to 10

Midna being the first on the selection screen makes the theory strange

363MDqG.png

this might still be the selection screen layout in the released game but Midna would have to be rearranged

the honeycomb look might scrool for many more characters

Nohar

Oh? Interesting, didn't know about Zant. He gave an interesting boss fight in TP, but I didn't like how he
went batshit insane in the end

@Smiles and Cries: The layout is different because it was for the special demo with Midna playable. In the other demo, it was Link on top and Zelda right below. It is safe to assume that that selection screen doesn't have the characters in their right boxes. The fact is that I was unable to find a screen of the "regular" demo, and that one was the only one that I found. However, both of them share the exact same layout with the honeycombs (apart from the fact that the characters aren't listed in the same order).

Oh? Interesting, didn't know about Zant. He gave an interesting boss fight in TP, but I didn't like how he
went batshit insane in the end

@Smiles and Cries: The layout is different because it was for the special demo with Midna playable. In the other demo, it was Link on top and Zelda right below. It is safe to assume that that selection screen doesn't have the characters in their right boxes. The fact is that I was unable to find a screen of the "regular" demo, and that one was the only one that I found. However, both of them share the exact same layout (apart from the fact that the characters aren't listed in the same order).

still if we can play enemies it should be more than 9 playable

Nohar

still if we can play enemies it should be more than 9 playable

That's precisely what I'm hoping for. And, well, I played Dynasty Warriors before (the 5th I think?): enemies/bosses were playable and some even had their own storylines (kinda). I wouldn't be surprised that Hyrule Warriors does the same (which could lead Hyrule Warriors to be the first "Zelda" game with bad endings, but since it's not canon everything is fine).

atr0cious

I believe Lana is NEW but they are just giving her elements that fit into the Zelda Universe so all those elements that could make her canon are just added to her so she can fit. Just like they gave Cia a triforce guardian backstory

That's precisely what I'm hoping for. And, well, I played Dynasty Warriors before (the 5th I think?): enemies/bosses were playable and some even had their own storylines (kinda). I wouldn't be surprised that Hyrule Warriors does the same (which could lead Hyrule Warriors to be the first "Zelda" game with bad endings, but since it's not canon everything is fine).

Pirate Warriors seemed to have a high amount of cameos but fewer playable than normal DW

could go either way

L~A

I don't know about that...

That's what the Famitsu magazine says. I honestly doubt it's Nayru, to be honest.

363MDqG.png

this might still be the selection screen layout in the released game but Midna would have to be rearranged

Weird, the showfloor demo only had Link and Zelda playable, and the icons were Link > Zelda in the character selection screen.

I honestly don't know what it all means.

Sayter

That's what the Famitsu magazine says. I honestly doubt it's Nayru, to be honest.

Weird, the showfloor demo only had Link and Zelda playable, and the icons were Link > Zelda in the character selection screen.

Could be because Nintendo wanted to show off their most popular characters. Or each character is unlocked as the game progresses. I'm not sure either.

Reknoc

They said Midna was only playable for the Treehouse demo which is probably why she's at the top there.

I don't know about that...

#1 looks like Nayru's love from OoT:

#2 looks like Nayru's love and pearl from WW:

#3 looks like the topper on Nayru's harp from Oracles of Ages:
AsjTH4A.jpg

Fan rendition for another take, since the stone is sapphire:

TLDR: Lana aka Lanayru aka Nayru aka the Goddess of Wisdom.
I'm sold. I'm expecting Faron and Eldin to have similar young girl representations, rather than the characters we already use. This is preferable from making entirely new characters from scratch, but I still wish they'd have used the ones we already had established.

363MDqG.png

FYI: there are multiple versions of the demo. There's the one with Midna & Link and the one with Link & Zelda, in different orders.

JoeFu

Banned
Tingle needs to be in. Tingle needs to be in.

Wonder what the final roster count will he. Agitha is such a weird inclusion.

-Horizon-

Sorry for the double-post, but more details have surfaced online (on Gematsu):

Agitha is in, and she fights using a parasol. She can also calls upon insect to fight. As for Lana, she IS a brand new character, and she used a book of magic. She can call barriers during fights, but she'll get a recoil if ennemies break it.

There's also the hookshot in the game (as seen in the E3 trailer), alliowing you to reach usually unreachable areas. And finally, to call down the moon from Majora's Mask, you need to equip certain strengthening items.

So it is (most likely) the girl on the cover of the game.

Top Bottom