• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Rumor: Gears Of War Kinect At VGAs [Update 2: Teaser Trailer In OP]

TheOddOne

''The delayed it because FM4 could get more exposure'' argument is pure bullshit. If they thought that FM4 would get overshadowed then they should have never made that Gears of War announcement.

TheOddOne said:
''The delayed it because FM4 could get more exposure'' argument is pure bullshit. If they thought that FM4 would get overshadowed then they should have never made that Gears of War announcement.

Unless they simply switched Gears for Forza, which hasn't been teased at all. Forza trailer did look like it was cobbled together in a hurry, what with stealing of other people's footage.

I don't know, it just sounds the most plausible to me, at least considering other possible explanations offered here.

Chittagong

Gold Member
derFeef said:
Weird. He makes it sound like as if this "war" happens inside Microsoft and it certainly does not make sense otherwise. Why would MS cancel one of their own announcements if they have the opportunity to boast at the VGAs with two reveals?

People who have been dong Microsoft published games have told me that this happens quite often. They prepare awesome trailers and demos, but Microsoft decides at the last moment not to show them.

This is supposedly because they try to make sure they have a steady flow of announcements for the coming year or so. So likely they have looked at their Spring/E3 announcement and reveal roadmap and went "shit... looking a bit too light" and postponed this. Also, they may be building a gamer oriented portfolio for E3 to balance last year's casual portfolio.

TheOddOne

REMEMBER CITADEL said:
Unless they simply switched Gears for Forza, which hasn't been teased at all. Forza trailer did look like it was cobbled together in a hurry, what with stealing of other people's footage.
I don't think it was switched, because there where going to be 13 reveals. I think they had a total of 12 reveals.

TheOddOne said:
I don't think it was switched, because there where going to be 13 reveals. I think they had a total of 12 reveals.

Oh, okay, then they just changed their minds. It still sound better to me than silly "they were afraid of other games" explanations. Gears can stand tall among all those franchises, especially in the US, so unless there's another plausible explanation that escapes me, I'm sticking with Forza 4.

EDIT: No, wait, they DID have 13 announcements.

derFeef

REMEMBER CITADEL said:

I don't know, it just sounds the most plausible to me, at least considering other possible explanations offered here.

Forza was planned I think, looking at the TopGear stunt video and all.

Top Bottom