• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Royale - second bundle (BTDT, Nightsky, Scoregasm, Fate of the World) up

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pack is worth it for Eufloria alone. The best Galcon clone I've played. Music and style is flawless too and very minimalistic. Just a great game.

mrgone

Damn. I own 3 of the games already. Wish I hadn't preordered. Oh well.

The pack is totally worth it, though.

I'm pretty much feeling the same! I just bought Runespell yesterday during the thanksgiving sale, even. Probably not going to preorder again unless they're upfront about the games that are in the bundle.

Still an swesome pack for anyone who's looking for good games!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
They were upfront with the prices ($3.99 pre-order/$2.99 launch) and they initially said there would be no bonus for pre-ordering.

The language they used initially wasn't as clear as it is now. The way they originally phrased it made it seems like this specific bundle was launching at 3.99 and that future bundles would launch at 2.99.

They have since clarified the language, but not before some people preordered.

Lothars

The language they used initially wasn't as clear as it is now. The way they originally phrased it made it seems like this specific bundle was launching at 3.99 and that future bundles would launch at 2.99.

I think it was clear enough to begin with but your right some people didn't take it as clear enough.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's

I pre-ordered pretty early and I swear that the distinction was made then.

I considered the extra dollar a convenience, to be honest, after the mess of the last launch.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
"Oh great, Eufloria is in this bundle! Let's buy it."

Pay 2,99, go to the page, get Eufloria key, go happily into Steam to redeem it

"This account already owns this content"

FPaNW.jpg

inky

Yes, they are separate codes.

I own the CSTW/BoFVII games and Eufloria already, but 2 games for $3 sounds reasonable.

I played Eufloria once before but never could get into it. This may sound weird but the game has a very high frequency pitch going on in the background that gave me migraine within the first five minutes of playing. I promptly uninstalled it.

Seems like they're separate Steam codes, though all a single Desura code.

Ah i see, I already have runespell and Eufloria, may just wait on cthulhu at the christmas sale. Also if anyone doesn't have Gish yet, I believe I have an extra steam code lying around from one of these sales, just quote me for it.

And it's up.

Really Big Sky
Runespell: Overture
Cthulhu Saves the World
Eufloria
BONUS: Breath of Death VII
3/5 owned for me, I got the 2 RPGs last day of Steam sale too. Oh well I'll check out Really Big Sky and
Runespell: Overture then.

Are they all seperate codes? I forget if they were last time. I bought runespell yesterday :(
Each game (on Steam) has a Steam key box under it. The only one I used was Santum in the launch bundle and it didn't redeem the rest of the bundle so I'd say yes, they're seperate codes.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think it was clear enough to begin with but your right some people didn't take it as clear enough.

Here's what they had originally: "So we're now opening pre-orders for the next Indie Royale bundle, at a recommended contribution of USD $5 but a minimum price of USD $3.99 (future Indie Royale bundles will launch at a live minimum of $2.99, and increase in price from there)."

Now, given how historically you don't pay more for preordering something, coupled with the fact that they originally only said future bundles will launch at 2.99, I don't blame anyone for thinking this was a one-time price increase because this specific bundle was larger in scope than previous efforts, or something.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Really Big Sky is soooooo annoying just from the video. BH games would be like... anything that isn't actively disappearing or being vacuum-absorbed by your ship should be deadly. I hate being confused about what is deadly and what is not. That shouldn't be a learning process where I'm spending 5 minutes dodging some shit before realizing it doesn't hurt me like 80% of everything else. The thing that makes the genre great isn't the hectic nature, it's that despite seeming hectic to the onlooker, to the player there is an amazing clarity of what the challenge is and knowing exactly how and why they are winning or failing.

Lothars

Here's what they had originally: "So we're now opening pre-orders for the next Indie Royale bundle, at a recommended contribution of USD $5 but a minimum price of USD $3.99 (future Indie Royale bundles will launch at a live minimum of $2.99, and increase in price from there)."

Now, given how historically you don't pay more for preordering something, coupled with the fact that they originally only said future bundles will launch at 2.99, I don't blame anyone for thinking this was a one-time price increase because this specific bundle was larger in scope than previous efforts, or something.

I know but I had always thought it was 3.99 for preordering and would be 2.99 at launch, I can understand where the confusion comes in.

I own 3/5 so preordering was a bust for me. I just bought Runespell, too. Not going to complain about $4, but I'm not going to preorder in the future, either.

Runespell is pretty fun. It's like a shallower version of Puzzle Quest but with poker mechanics. If you like JRPGs, the double pack is an excellent take on the genre.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You can't pawn off individual games, can you? I'd be interested in Runespell or Cthulhu if anyone has an extra copy. Desura is okay with me.

oipic

Would insta-buy if I hadn't grabbed Runespell on the final day of the Autumn sale... oh well, would highly recommend this bundle for that alone, if anyone is sitting on the fence about it.

jkoch

175M on Scoregasm, #5 on the leaderboard. For some reason it bugged out and wouln't let me do the last level. I probably could have gotten 10-20M more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom