• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous 2 debut trailer [S-CONF]

hxa155

Pelydr said:
I want another Sly Cooper. Infamous is so fucking boring.

You're insane. Infamous was one of the most fun games last year and I'm sure a lot of people here agree with me.

mysticwhip said:
What's not fun about infamous? The only instances that were really shitty in the game were probably caused by the cheap A.I.

he may just not like shooter or like a more colorful platformer. I love inFamous, and even though the jumping has some similarity with Sly. the tone, setting and shooting element is a big departure from Sly.

darkwing

woah

inFamous 2 visuals 'in same ballpark' as Uncharted 2's
http://www.videogamer.com/news/infamous_2_visuals_in_same_ballpark_as_uncharted_2s.html

"We're getting a lot closer to it - we certainly are - and we've got a ways to go," Sucker Punch development director Chris Zimmerman told VideoGamer.com at E310 last week.

"Clearly they are the inspiration for us. And not just in terms of the visuals, but all the things they did that made that game so great. We're working hard to get as close as we can to that goal, and I think we're going to get pretty close. People will look at it and I think that they'll say, look, you know this is in the same ball park."

mind blown!

Uncharted 2's visuals were incredible, but what I most want to see is similar kinds of set pieces (which is tougher in an open world for sure, but it sounds like they're working on it).

I know we're not hearing much about the world yet, but I really look forward to hearing about improved NPC behavior as well as whether we'll be able to go inside any buildings and whatnot. The improved physics are great to hear about, but I want to see NPC behavior that's more complex than running, taking photos, and throwing rocks at you and/or your enemies. More types of sidequests and more types of rewards (beyond just experience and/or blast shards) would be great too. I'm hoping the kind of expansion we see in this game is comparable to Assassin's Creed -> Assassin's Creed 2.

Loudninja

badcrumble said:
Uncharted 2's visuals were incredible, but what I most want to see is similar kinds of set pieces (which is tougher in an open world for sure, but it sounds like they're working on it).

I know we're not hearing much about the world yet, but I really look forward to hearing about improved NPC behavior as well as whether we'll be able to go inside any buildings and whatnot. The improved physics are great to hear about, but I want to see NPC behavior that's more complex than running, taking photos, and throwing rocks at you and/or your enemies. More types of sidequests and more types of rewards (beyond just experience and/or blast shards) would be great too. I'm hoping the kind of expansion we see in this game is comparable to Assassin's Creed -> Assassin's Creed 2.

Well we know the world is alot more destructible so far.

I wonder if the ice powers only work if there's water nearby.

But that would mean that Cole's no longer vulnerable to water.

I wonder how these new powers are going to work out.

I've got to say, I'm going to be very very curious to see how this game's basic rhythm is structured in comparison to inFamous - the first game was completely centered around the fact that the city was destroyed at the very beginning and you had to go around restoring power, starting the trains up, etc. This city, it seems, will not suffer from the same issues. I think we'll be gaining powers in an entirely different fashion (most likely), and I think the type of things people ask you to do is going to be pretty dramatically different.

I accidentally saved over my Good save file a while back; I'd better go through and complete the game that way again, just in case inFamous 2 loads your cleared save file from the first game. Also because it's really fun.

Don

WrikaWrek said:
It did?

It just rubs me the wrong way. Like the Mirrors Edge cut scenes ya know, but if fans like it then hey, fans like it.
I agree about the cutscenes in Mirrors Edge but that's because they looked ugly and the animation was awful (and I also didn't like having those cutscenes be in 3rd person when a big part of the game was all about being first person).

I also felt the same way about the Dante's Inferno cutscenes but I think the comic style cutscenes in Infamous looked great and it's one of the few game were I actually liked that style.

De-mon

Sentry said:
Better versions of the pics and some new ones, still not hi-res enough for me but what the hell.. need a fucking proper source! Press sites are worthless sometimes.

Night and day cycles confirmed? Looks hot, but Cole still looks odd model wise. They say he's not final and still putting some work into him, so i'm not awfully worried.

Here at 720p

201062216354_6.jpg

The trailer looked great...but it did not look like the above shot...personally I think the screens almost look beyond U2....they are pretty bold hehehe

If it turns out to look like that this might be one of the biggest graphical upgrades ever...even bigger than U1->U2

Loudninja

You'll start the game with a wide range of abilities learned during Cole's time in Empire City, drastically improving the feeling of actually being a superhero rather than going through the obligatory power strip-down that's become so common in most games. Fox said over the course of the game Cole will only gain more powers, becoming a "a really super superhero," which we feel can only be a good thing.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/06/infamous-2-team-is-building-a-better-superhero-game.ars

I am gald they did this,not many games at all do this.

And here you are, complaining about Cole's tattoos. The ironing.
Not really. since i can take off the belt and put on something else while you're stuck with those ugly markings! It wouldn't be such a big deal if they had better tattoo designs on him like a gay robot unicorn or something that isn't just lines (WTF is that shit)

DMPrince said:
you take that back. I have the same belt in my closet >.<
As long as you don't wear it with track pants and a pair of Keds like our friend new Cole here you should be fine.

Also, I can see that it might get confusing calling both the protagonist of Infamous 1 and 2 the same name, so from now on I'll be referring to new Cole as Larry.

noah111

Still Alive
De-mon said:
Here at 720p

http://media.vandal.net/m/11572/201062216354_6.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Thanks, but watermark + ugly compression artifacts = pass, but the iF2fankit.zip is out on SP's website, supposedly has everything in it including 1080p trailer, concept arts etc.

Will upload all the images etc (full resolution and watermark free!) when I get the chance.

noah111

Still Alive
Here's the official logo btw, first i've seen it. Made two versions based on the 10 layered .psd (click for ridiculous 3686 x 1062 versions);

Clean versions;

noah111

Still Alive
mysticwhip said:
I like the logos, the red symbol on the bottom looks really neat, I wonder if it has any relevance to the story.
Probably just some artsy design on the gate of New Marais or something. Anyway, i've uploaded all the content so far right here (screens, concepts etc), here are some of those new screens too (click for hi-res);

All the screens (23) in that set are at ridiculous resolutions of 3840x2160. Still looks hawt, though Cole looks so different in various shots; WIP in progress! :lol

Also noticed that his tattoos on both arms are identical (just inverted)? Yeah, definitely not done on the character (i hope). Oh and;

30cqe1i.png

:lol

Shit those pics look hot, infamous is just behide uncharted for me in new ips this gen. Fuck wish i still had the first to go through as evil.:lol

Irish

BobTheFork said:
Also, I can see that it might get confusing calling both the protagonist of Infamous 1 and 2 the same name, so from now on I'll be referring to new Cole as Larry.

Can we call him Tom? Please?

Anyway, I just picked the first game up for the first time. I just need to play it now.

Loudninja

The New Abilities Of Cole MacGrath
Enhanced Navigation

One of the many great things the first Infamous did was present an open world that was a blast to get around in, despite its lack of vehicles. Gliding through the air and zipping across power lines at inhuman speeds was a blast, making exploration something to look forward to instead of a chore. Infamous 2 takes that even further by allowing Cole to zip alongside buildings both horizontally and vertically. Let's say a highrise apartment building has a metal pipe that runs down its entire side. You can position yourself at the bottom and use an induction grind (placeholder term) to fly to the top without having to slowly climb to the roof. The same concept applies to buildings with metal siding. In addition to the new electricity-based travel options, Cole's parkour animations have been expanded upon and enhanced

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/06/23/the-new-abilities-of-cole-macgrath.aspx

the game looks incredible! If they pull of fantastic graphics along with the fantastic controls and gameplay of the original, this game will be a sleeper for game of the year!

It looks like his face is rejecting the redesign. I do hope they ease off on the massive collection this time. I know there are no more blast shards but you know there will be something similar and I hope they keep it more reasonable this time.

When we get closer to the release, I would love someone to PhotoShop a new game cover for me that says "Zeke and Larry's Xtreme Urban Xploration", brought to you by Gogurt.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
omg, is that his real non-shopped face? Ye gods, he better not be finalized.

Sort of reminds me of the Whedon-face vampires in Buffy and Angel.

Top Bottom