• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous 2 debut trailer [S-CONF]

noah111

Still Alive
Why such shitty screens? Anyone know a press site (other than the usual one) that has these new shots up in hi-res? Only place I can find them is that small jarred mess on SP's site.

spats

28FINAL.jpg

Sheiiiit.

I'm loving what I am seeing so far. I thought this was going to be a disaster but its not. The writing still needs work, but on the whole, NICE.

Instead of tacking on a few tattoos (I don't mind the tattoos) why not go all out and have a real tattoo artist design a sleeve for either arm. Sleeves are pretty badass, I was thinking of starting one and are popular among extreme sports athletes which fits their vision of Cole, certainly an upgrade from the pointless nonsense on his arm right now.

yencid

shadowsdarknes said:
Instead of tacking on a few tattoos (I don't mind the tattoos) why not go all out and have a real tattoo artist design a sleeve for either arm. Sleeves are pretty badass, I was thinking of starting one and are popular among extreme sports athletes which fits their vision of Cole, certainly an upgrade from the pointless nonsense on his arm right now.
didnt you already post this?

noah111

Still Alive
Better versions of the pics and some new ones, still not hi-res enough for me but what the hell.. need a fucking proper source! Press sites are worthless sometimes.

11finalk.jpg

23final1.jpg

26finalt1.jpg

28final.jpg

31final.jpg

39final.jpg

40final.jpg

58final.jpg

66final1.jpg

71final.jpg

75final1.jpg

78final.jpg

82final.jpg

86final.jpg

91final.jpg

09final.jpg

Night and day cycles confirmed? Looks hot, but Cole still looks odd model wise. They say he's not final and still putting some work into him, so i'm not awfully worried.

Loudninja

This is Cole number 377, he just keeps looking different!I think it looks great you get a good face shot in some of those pics.

well i love the setting only because i live an hour from new orleans. Please let there be a battle against a mutated rat/alligator/crocodile/swamp thing :lol.

What I didn't like about Infamous 1 was the smart/predictive climb/jump. Hopefully they fixed it to where it feels like i'm doing a dangerous jump and about to die but then you die because you missed the jump.

EDIT: I want the Cole from the concept art. he was way hawt ^_^

oa9aub.png

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Galvanise_ said:
Come on, just do day and night cycles! Everything else is looking much better. . .doooo ittttt.

I love the day/night stylein Infamous 1 , since some missions need to be in the day time , some need to be in the night , and it was just perfect for the story imo.

Loudninja

Crakatak187 said:
Until it's been confirmed, I'll believe it's handled just like the first. Having settings change by the days.
Just by looking at the pics you can see that, its much diffrent the sun is high in one and setting in another. Sure they may still have it that way to set the mood, but that does not mean no day and night cycle.

Totobeni said:
I love the day/night stylein Infamous 1 , since some missions need to be in the day time , some need to be in the night , and it was just perfect for the story imo.

There are ways around that, like him waiting till night to attack etc, waking up from rest and it being night etc. Design the story for specific missions to have certain conditions. The rest of the time have a day and night cycle. GTA does this well.

jonnyp

Well, regardless, his tattoos look better than 99% of the tattoos in this thread.

Hahaha, priceless... Tattoos are on my top 5 list of stupidest things ever invented by humans. Even so, I don't give a flying rat's ass about how Cole looks and if he does/doesn't have ugly tattoos. It's how it plays I'm preoccupied with.

thuway

WrikaWrek said:
They should've gone full blown. IT severely breaks the immersion, it doesn't work and it never will.
It worked for Uncharted 2 apparently. And visually, thats my favorite game this gen so....

WrikaWrek

Banned
thuway said:
It worked for Uncharted 2 apparently. And visually, thats my favorite game this gen so....

It did?

Loudninja said:
Nope I like it this way,It will work out find.

It just rubs me the wrong way. Like the Mirrors Edge cut scenes ya know, but if fans like it then hey, fans like it.

I am so impressed with the visual upgrades the game got. I mean I expected it to look better but being open-world I was prepared for the inevitable sacrifices. Doesn't look like SP had to make any. Makes me wonder how Agent will look.

Nizz

These new screens look great. I'm getting pretty excited for this game. Going to have to pick up Infamous 1 very soon. Been playing the demo for Infamous 1 and been having fun with it.

The demo didn't grab me at first, probably because I was/am obsessed with FPS games and didn't try many open world games like this. But the more I played (and the more shards I kept finding) I kept coming back to it. :)

Does anyone think they'll leave the framerate uncapped like God of War 3? I know it'll be harder with Infamous 2 as it's way more open but I think it would look nice at a 45fps average.

Cole's character looks really detailed in those shots.

That's some terrible character design here. New town looks cool though, much more personnality than the one in the first game which was grey, blurry and full of jaggies. Let's hope this one will be more clean, if those screens are not bullshots then it's safe to say it will be.

his love interest better be a guy or at least Zeke. or a manly girl that really was a guy from the beginning but then decide he would be a girl in the final game.

DMPrince said:
his love interest better be a guy or at least Zeke. or a manly girl that really was a guy from the beginning but then decide he would be a girl in the final game.
:lol
I'd totally be ok with this.

Top Bottom