• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous 2 debut trailer [S-CONF]

I'm really glad Zeke is back with the same look and voice. Kirk Russell and Tortelvis are the only other two guys who can get away with that look.

NeoUltima

SolidSnakex said:
720p shots

http://i45.tinypic.com/15xo8jl.jpg[
[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/33kdp3a.jpg[/
[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/2u6l7jl.jpg[/
[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/jfwwu9.jpg[/i

[url]http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/media/images/infamous-2-6875.html[/url][/QUOTE]
Thats a big damn upgrade :o

grumble

The AA on those shots is insane. It's too bad you don't see that kind of stuff in actual games, it'd be fun to play around in an environment like that.

I hope the writing gets completely rewritten before release. The trailer's writing was horrific.

Carnby

didn't anyone see the article on 1up.com where suckerpunch said they are changing Cole's apperance, due to the overall negative reaction they have received?

Loudninja

I really wouldn't mind Move support for the game,what do you guys think?
jaekwon15 said:
didn't anyone see the article on 1up.com where suckerpunch said they are changing Cole's apperance, due to the overall negative reaction they have received?

Not really they said its a work in progress, this was never the final Cole.

noah111

Still Alive
Loudninja said:
I was just thinking about that as well tbh, could be cool but if it's not thought out with move in mind it may end up as a tack-on..

Loudninja said:
Well, I think it would work very well. Sorcery has spells and stuff, and I think the same concept can be used in inFAMOUS 2 just like in a different way of course. It would be fun to play the game with Move.

Loudninja

Sentry said:
I was just thinking about that as well tbh, could be cool but if it's not thought out with move in mind it may end up as a tack-on..

If they do decide to add it I doubt ti will feel like a tack-on.

lastinline said:
Well, I think it would work very well. Sorcery has spells and stuff, and I think the same concept can be used in inFAMOUS 2 just like in a different way of course. It would be fun to play the game with Move.

Yes!something like that would be great.

expy

Banned
Those screens are really something. WAYYYYYY better than inFamous 1 that's for sure... Either there's some crazy MLAA going on in there
or they're bullshots
, or these are more recent screen grabs from a "newer" build of the game (a.k.a. the trailer was made up from old footage from an earlier build of the game).

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Loudninja said:
Not really they said its a work in progress, this was never the final Cole.

That is just a fancy way on saying "we are thinking of changing Cole due to all this negative feed". :lol

I mean, plz, the character look finished, how the hell can they say "its not the final cole" and make us believe that. I kinda like the new Cole design, its just that his face looks completely different and that is not due to the hair.

Sucker Punch is in a no win situation on GAF.

If they keep the old one, one side will scream generic.
If they change the new one because of the negative feedback. It's embarrassing.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
Sucker Punch is in a no win situation on GAF.

If they keep the old one, one side will scream generic.
If they change the new one because of the negative feedback. It's embarrassing.

Simple, keep his "character", that is what made Cole more interesting, he felt like an anti hero even when you did good stuff. This Cole "feels" like Drake, I don't want InCharted 2, I want Infamous 2. He can change his outfit or have different outfits and have hair, but his face... make it look like old cole like always angry.

That is what made Cole what he was and because of that, doing a EVIL choice didn't felt so "wrong", since he looks angry and evil choices also fit him, IMO.

jax (old)

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
If they change the new one because of the negative feedback. It's the smart thing.

pretty much everywhere - from here to the game trailers comment+youtube, the comments/feedback on new cole has been negative. If there were smart about it, they'd pull the design back in line with the old design more

and lose the fucking tattoos

Keeping the old one will still be a lose lose situation. A ton of people here hates Cole from Infamous 1 due to both looks, sound, and personality. Also calling him generic, which I don't care since I don't get pissed off at the change. As long as I'm kicking ass I don't care.

We haven't even seen the evil side yet. People judge so much on appearances. No offense but a ton of people in this board does.

jax (old)

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
Keeping the old one will still be a lose lose situation. A ton of people here hates Cole from Infamous 1 due to both looks, sound, and personality. Also calling him generic, which I don't care since I don't get pissed off at the change. As long as I'm kicking ass I don't care.

We haven't even seen the evil side yet. People judge so much on appearances. No offense but a ton of people in this board does.

you're a lose-lose situation

Zen

Banned
Whatever they do they better not make him bald and put him back into his yellow costume from the first game. They can tweak the design, but I think the urban street clothes with an eye towards parkour is most definitely the direction they should be going. It looks more natural and believable consider what Cole does/did. I like the eye towards the more practical designs than seen in the original.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
I never understood why Cole in Infamous 1 was so gruff and hardass. That's one bike messenger I don't want to meet :lol

He just killed his gf sister, woke up in a hospital learning all this bad news, people blame him for hundreds of deads, he doesn't want the powers, he can't bath or he will die, etc etc. I would not be the nicest person in town if that was my situation. :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
is there improvement in the melee ( close combat ) system in this one ? or we don't know anything yet on that ? the melee was bare bone in the original ( was the single one thing that Prototype did better than infamous ) , for electricity superhero I was waiting for some awesome stuff in that area , not just weak punches and kicks , it's my only problem wit hthe game , I want so crazy shit like Sasuke's Chidori punche that destroy the enemy or like or Shoryuken or Hadouken kinda of awesome moves but with electricity.

Loudninja

Totobeni said:
is there improvement in the melee ( close combat ) system in this one ? or we don't know anything yet on that ? the melee was bare bone in the original ( was the single one thing that Prototype did better than infamous ) , for electricity superhero I was waiting for some awesome stuff in that area , not just weak punches and kicks , it's my only problem wit hthe game , I want so crazy shit like Sasuke's Chidori punche that destroy the enemy or like or Shoryuken or Hadouken kinda of awesome moves but with electricity.

Well he has a weapon now, called the Amp you should watch the E3 trailer.I am not sure if he can use his hands anymore though.

noah111

Still Alive
Totobeni said:
Totally revamped iirc, square and triangle buttons mapps to light and heavy punches/kicks etc, plus he has his ghetto weapon (as seen on his back) that can he can generate electricity through or something.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Loudninja said:
Well he has a weapon now, called the Amp you should watch the E3 trailer.I am not sure if he can use his hands anymore though.

I watched it but there was nothing on that ...so I asked.

Sentry said:
Totally revamped iirc, square and triangle buttons mapps to light and heavy punches/kicks etc, plus he has his ghetto weapon (as seen on his back) that can he can generate electricity through or something.

oh..not a big lose I guess ( as I said it was barebone) ,and if that big metal thingy can be used for awesome attacks it's cool.

Zen

Banned
-DarKaoZ- said:
He just killed his gf sister, woke up in a hospital learning all this bad news, people blame him for hundreds of deads, he doesn't want the powers, he can't bath or he will die, etc etc. I would not be the nicest person in town if that was my situation. :lol

Holy shit I never thought about that. :lol

Loudninja

Totobeni said:
I watched it but there was nothing on that ...so I asked.

oh..not a big lose I guess ( as I said it was barebone) ,and if that big metal thingy can be used for awesome attacks it's cool.

Here are some descriptions
All of that is back, but there's so much more. Cole runs around with this two-pronged cattle prod that he charges with electricity and slams into bad guys. With a tap of Triangle, Cole can set off "ultra moves" where he shoves the prod around someone's neck and spins around the foe or pulls off a leg sweep before hauling off on the enemy with a massive cattle prod swing. He can glide further and faster, he can slide a long walls while tethering himself to pipes with electricity, and he can pull off insane vortexes (electricity tornadoes) that suck up enemies and parts of the environment.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1100300p1.html

Sony's own motion capture people have brought a touch of genuine life to the locals too, and there are dozens of smaller tweaks, like the way the camera tilts and pulls in during a particularly nasty melee move

Melee combat, meanwhile, has been entirely rebuilt around Cole's new weapon, the Amp. It's a kind of electrical prong that gives you a lot more reach in fights, and there's a new range of finishers with some fairly bone-crunching animations to go with it

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/infamous-2-e3-2010-hands-on?page=2

Styles

Those screens and that art looks amazing. :O New Cole
looks way cooler than Drake. :p
The tattoos on Cole seems unnecessary.

Thrakier

-DarKaoZ- said:

Yeah, but after a few months and loosing the love of your life you would probably go all tony hawk.

Sorry Sucker Punch, but what you did to cole is the most shitty redesign I've ever seen. And it's so blatant stupid because it's quite clear that this redesign isn't because you guys think that this fits the game better in some sense of art but because you hope that cole has a wider appeal (=more sales). Don't get me wrong, that's totally legit, your game. But I think it sucks big time. And I loved and platined the first game.

Loudninja

Thrakier said:
Yeah, but after a few months and loosing the love of your life you would probably go all tony hawk.

Sorry Sucker Punch, but what you did to cole is the most shitty redesign I've ever seen. And it's so blatant stupid because it's quite clear that this redesign isn't because you guys think that this fits the game better in some sense of art but because you hope that cole has a wider appeal (=more sales). Don't get me wrong, that's totally legit, your game. But I think it sucks big time. And I loved and platined the first game.

No its because people didn't like the first on either and they did not like it, funny how that works. Its all a work in progress though so maybe they can make everyone happy.

Thrakier

I think they could improve the old cole without making a completly new main character, because that's what happened here. It's just not consistent and makes no sense at all. It's like Kratos going Charlie Harper in a new God of War. It's stupid.

TheFury

New interview with Brian Fleming, Sucker Punch co-founder. It's long so I'll just post certain parts.
Q: Just how destructible will the environment be?
BF: One of the real changes in the game is that there are going to be significant story and potentially even morality-related elements that are going to alter the city, like fairly large chunks of the city. It's not just, oh, you've completed these four tasks so the drawbridge will go down, kinda stuff. But how you decided to solve a particular thing might leave remnants of itself behind.
Q: Is the morality system greyer?
BF: Morality is one of the big aspects of the game, so we have to make fairly significant investment to make it better. We've heard all the complaints. There's been 'I want it to be greyer' and 'the choices were too stark'. We're not stupid. We've heard all those complaints, so we're going make improvements in the morality system.
Q: What kind of open world stuff is going to go on beyond doing missions?
BF: For the city to feel alive there has to be a level of ongoing activity. We're big believers in that. The scale of the ongoing activity was the biggest area of focus for us. We can run situations with crowds of people running through the streets now, which we couldn't do - just scale wise - we couldn't do it.
Q: I was in the audience watching Killzone 3 with the glasses on. Any plans for similar integration?
BF: We... I think I'm going to go with the same route as I do with online and everything else beyond what you saw here today. New tech and controllers and everything I'm just going to say... we're certainly looking at everything. But we're not in a position to commit to anything like that.
Q: Does that apply to support for PlayStation Move?
BF: Yep, same thing. That's why I said controllers.
Q: Are you planning downloadable content for after the game comes out?
BF: We are trying desperately to make this game awesome. When it gets to be the point where we're ready to talk about DLC or anything that's post-launch, we'll happily do it. But we're so far away here.
Q: Trilogies seem to be in vogue.
BF: I don't know. It will depend on us having some good ideas. We'll have to have good ideas. We knew what we wanted to do. We knew that we could do this and present it really well. The key is we have to have good ideas. If we have good ideas, then it'll make more sense. Right now, we are trying to cash the cheque. We have a huge amount of work to do to make the game we really feel like we can make.
http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/infamous_2/preview-2437.html

Raist

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
infamous-2-20100618095845790.jpg

wtf

Instead of tacking on a few tattoos (I don't mind the tattoos) why not go all out and have a real tattoo artist design a sleeve for either arm. Sleeves are pretty badass, I was thinking of starting one and are popular among extreme sports athletes which fits their vision of Cole.

Top Bottom