• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice "Battle Arena": New Gameplay Every Monday, Votes on Thursday

Choose an OT subtitle.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bades

Neo Member
052712_rockabilly_batman_t.jpg

Rockabilly Batman/Catwoman/Nightwing/Joker or no buy!

Alright, I'll still buy. I'll just be disappointed, but not surprised. I'm surprised they haven't hired that artist and gotten a miniseries or elseworlds title going.

Denis Medri's Deviant Rockabilly Page

TDLink

New character trailer Tomorrow.

I'm betting Doomsday.

The hint is "it's a BIG one" so yeah, probably. None of the other characters to be confirmed or rumoured are big really. Plus we already say him in the first Battle Arena video.

Excited to see it tomorrow. Will be happy if they start dropping these more often since I was worried they would just leave it to the Battle Arena matches with a bunch left hidden till launch day.

It will include Story stuff too:

1360719081583-jpg.3716

With that in mind big might be referring to a character who plays an important role in the story. Perhaps Ares or Aquaman? Really it could be anyone though since we don't know a ton about who does what in the story.

Doomsday is still the safe bet though since in the past Boon's hints are usually pretty literal.

Grimsen

For the Canadian release of MK9, there was a launch tournamennt at Cineplex theaters across the country. I Wonder if we'll get something like that for Injustice.

TDLink

Ed Boon has also tweeted these images...which appears to feature two more characters we haven't seen yet.

fightbuild_24jzx.jpg

Also Ares:

bigarmor_3rfd.jpg

TDLink

Is that Starfire?

Top pictures are more likely to be in background or story scene only.

In the Aquaman topic it was figured out that the two characters in the top image are Giganta and Atom Smasher.

There are a few possibilities though:

1. Neither are playable and are just story cameos or part of a stage transition like the Batman villains in Arkham Asylum

2. Giganta is part of a stage transition while Atom Smasher is actually playable...or an alt costume for a playable character (Black Adam?)

3. Both are actually playable characters

J-Tier

Giganta and Atom Smasher...can't help but feel that their moveset will be boring in the current system they have. I imagine they'll be a plot element or a stage element, as they're both size changing characters, so maybe they'll be fighting in the background, towering over the city.

TDLink

If anyone wants to try their hand at some code cracking, Boon had added a series of puzzles to this site:

http://noob.com/

Each correctly entered code gives a new image, with each code being harder to crack than the last due to more digits.

So far the codes are:

8 - Giganta/Atom Smasher image
76 - Ares image
514 - Aquaman's trident image

The 4 digit code has yet to be cracked.

Giganta and Atom Smasher...can't help but feel that their moveset will be boring in the current system they have. I imagine they'll be a plot element or a stage element, as they're both size changing characters, so maybe they'll be fighting in the background, towering over the city.
That's a fairly easy guess, as you can see the buildings behind them are the same size as them.

TDLink

Definitely Giganta and some version of Atom fighting at super size.

GigantaNewCostume.jpg

Yeah we think it's Atom Smasher. Both definitely aren't playable characters but it could make for a fun stage transition ala the Arkham stuff or a cool scene in the story.

The other image that I thought was Ares, on the other hand, is looking more like maybe Gorilla Grodd. I think he has a higher chance of being a playable character and that's an exciting prospect.

Ryce

Has the Giganta/Atom Smasher stage been revealed yet (perhaps you can tell from the cityscape)? I'm thinking that and the Gorilla Grodd image are hints for two unrevealed stages.

TDLink

Has the Giganta/Atom Smasher stage been revealed yet (perhaps you can tell from the cityscape)? I'm thinking that and the Gorilla Grodd image are hints for two unrevealed stages.

To me it looks like it could just be Metropolis though perhaps it is somewhere new.

Pociask

Since this seems to be the most active thread, Nintendo announced this morning in a Nintendo Direct that the Wii U version will be running at 60 fps. Not sure if that had been confirmed yet.

TDLink

Since this seems to be the most active thread, Nintendo announced this morning in a Nintendo Direct that the Wii U version will be running at 60 fps. Not sure if that had been confirmed yet.

Yeah they also re-confirmed DLC will be coming to the Wii U version for those who were concerned.

TDLink

Wii U version is also confirmed to have off-TV play and move shortcut buttons (think Street Fighter IV 3D) when in normal TV play. Not sure if these two features were confirmed before.

Platy

Wii U version is also confirmed to have off-TV play and move shortcut buttons (think Street Fighter IV 3D) when in normal TV play. Not sure if these two features were confirmed before.

FINALY a fighting game with low latency mode !

Pociask

Don't forget to vote for Shazam, people.

Is that a second alt? I'm counting main (white hood, long cape), alt 1 (black hood etc.), alt 2 (white hood, short cape). Heck, combine that short cape, with the non-black styling of the other hood, and take off the hood, there's your classic costume alt.

NEO0MJ

Shazam (ugh, hate the new name) looks pretty fun, though I hate that voice they gave him when he shouts the magic word. The thunderbolt he throws could use some touching up, looks pretty weak as it is right now.

Top Bottom