• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice "Battle Arena": New Gameplay Every Monday, Votes on Thursday

Choose an OT subtitle.

Results are only viewable after voting.

phaonaut

Lex seems like he has a lot of tools, was that orb a sentry?

That flash charge up move (runners stance), was stuffed so many times I was laughing at the end.

Khezu

Both Flash and Shazam lost their awesome specials from MKvsDC. Disappointing.

Joker looks like spider in a suit o_O.

I think he still has a few of them, like the zues bolt, and the naked shazam bolt, but their not awesome anymore, their made him visually as boring as they did Raiden in MK9.
At least he looks a lot more fun to play, Raiden was just an all around terrible character.

Lex on the other hand looks awesome, lots of cool specials, and the best super.

GrayFoxPL

I think he still has a few of them, like the zues bolt, and the naked shazam bolt, but their not awesome anymore, their made him visually as boring as they did Raiden in MK9.
At least he looks a lot more fun to play, Raiden was just an all around terrible character.

Lex on the other hand looks awesome, lots of cool specials, and the best super.

I noticed the bolt but it looks so flimsy I rather not mention it. For a superhero game there isn't much power and impact behind the blows and specials.

TDLink

I'm personally disappointing that Shazam lost to Flash just because it means we won't see more gameplay with him. I feel at this point we have seen most of what Flash can do on a basic level and probably won't get more out of his style until real pros come in and start figuring out his tech. The only notable new thing from him I saw here was the phasing dodge which will make him amazing at avoiding projectiles.

First time we have seen a full match on the Gotham City stage though and it seems pretty cool. I like that it seems we will probably be getting a good look at all the stages through Battle Arena even if we don't get all the characters. Excited to see Atlantis the most, hope it's next week.

Character hint for next week's match-up also from the Lex v Joker match:

"one of the most noble heroes [and] one of the most vile villains"

I am thinking on the hero side it has to be Superman, Aquaman, or possibly Green Arrow (least likely of the 3 imo) while on the villain side it has to be Doomsday or Ares. Not sure they would actually do Doomsday vs Superman in round 1 though so we'll see how it plays out. Aquaman vs either of those 2 villains would obviously be ideal.

SykoTech

These camera angle changes are vey distracting. Wish they'd show off he match without them.

They won't be in the actual game, right?

Anyways, happy to see Joker gameplay finally. Looking good, Luthor too. The Gotham City stage looks nice too, though I wish Shazam would have won that one (and I wish they'd stick with calling him Captain Marvel like Young Justice did).

Kizer

These camera angle changes are vey distracting. Wish they'd show off he match without them.

Anyways, happy to see Joker gameplay finally. Looking good, Luthor too. The Gotham City stage looks nice too, though I wish Shazam would have won that one (and I wish they'd stick with calling him Captain Marvel like Young Justice did).

They won't be in the actual game, no.

TDLink

Correct, other than for the stage transitions. To be clear, the stage transitions use different angles and look just as they are presented in these videos. The camera is locked to the traditional side view during normal combat though and does not switch to different angles. It's just something (dumb) they are doing for the promotional videos.

Khezu

Weak impotent Raiden lightning aside, Shazam does look really fun to play.
He has two command throws, a teleport, a projectile, psycho crusher, and some other neat stuff.
ifOFTDPidXUnn.gif

iqQmfItZc2oBe.gif

EDIT I love the animation flash has when he gets zapped with the lightning bolt launcher.

GrayFoxPL

Weak impotent Raiden lightning aside, Shazam does look really fun to play.
He has two command throws, a teleport, a projectile, psycho crusher, and some other neat stuff.
ifOFTDPidXUnn.gif

iqQmfItZc2oBe.gif

I saw his super and thought "Oh like Superman? Oh not that high. Supes must be smirking now ;)".

SykoTech

They won't be in the actual game, no.

Correct, other than for the stage transitions. To be clear, the stage transitions use different angles and look just as they are presented in these videos. The camera is locked to the traditional side view during normal combat though and does not switch to different angles. It's just something (dumb) they are doing for the promotional videos.

Okay, thanks guys.

Cinematic angles during the stage transitions are fine of course, but I don't want that happening during regular gameplay combos.

Naite

I've been voting on whoever I want to see more gameplay of and I keep losing every time. I really wanted to see more of Lex's items and traps and what the deal is with that abysmally slow command throw he kept trying.

Loved the Flash vs Shazam fight the most. Wasn't planning to touch Shazam before but now I'll probably at least sub him.

Hmm. I'm not really feeling Shazam, at the moment. Kinda disappointed with the moves. And sad, that he lost to Flash. What bothered me was at how fast the lightning struck, when he yelled "Shazam!" and I thought it was supposed to be struck where he is. :eek:

Flash had his typical moments, but I did like the vibration to invincible to projectiles state.

Lex is waay better than expected, especially when compared to his MKvsDC counterpart. I loved what I saw from, I won't pick him because I don't have the interest, but can't wait to see some pro-play with him.

Joker had all that I needed to see. Definitely enjoyed what I saw. I loved how he changed his knife into the crowbar instead of being a move.

I was def not diggin Shazam or Lex

Shazam's hood needs alot of work it just looks TERRIBLE, Jin in Tekken 4 had a great hood why cant it be like that.

Joker and Shazam caught my interest. Especially Shazam, his movesets looks awesome and his special. I might main them, but will see till they announce more characters.

Kizer

guys, think about it.

"Look to la luna"

What does the pit stage in mortal kombat have to do with injustice?

guys, think about it.

"Look to la luna"

What does the pit stage in mortal kombat have to do with injustice?
I would bet it's more a reference to the moon or even more vaguely, Reptile. What are some DC characters that have something to do with the moon and or reptiles?

Kizer

I would bet it's more a reference to the moon or even more vaguely, Reptile. What are some DC characters that have something to do with the moon and or reptiles?

Well there is Killer Croc but we have already seen him.

...Copperhead?

As far as moon related characters...

Moon Maiden?
Blue Moon?

Well there is Killer Croc but we have already seen him.

...Copperhead?

As far as moon related characters...

Moon Maiden?
Blue Moon?
Maybe it's a character that comes from the moon or a moon. Like Saturn Girl comes from Titan which is a moon of Saturn.

J-Tier

It all seems to be one giant message- literally.

Giganta and Atom Smasher...are big

Mid-Nite and La Luna seem to be related.

The three prongs of the trident or the 3E...

Grodd...dunno what a Gorilla could mean. Could be the "G"'s in his name.

And NOT Hawkman.

...Hawkgirl announcement?

TDLink

La Luna = moon, midnite=dark, darkside of the moon=darkseid

I can see this. The three prongs may represent a third force (Darkseid) in addition to supes' and bats'. I dunno how the what we think is Grodd photo would factor in though.

TDLink

Giant announcement in March for HawkGirl is my prediction. With what I've said earlier.

How do mid-nite and/or la luna relate to Hawkgirl? How do the three prongs/trident relate to Hawkgirl?

Grodd is for G is for Girl is also kind of a stretch. "Not Hawkman" and the big character thing are the only two real clues who could point to her and they could also point to lots of other characters.

Where are you getting March from too? We have lots of characters left to reveal, I doubt they'll wait till March for the next one, we still have half the month to go and have gotten two in the last two weeks (Shazam and Aquaman).

J-Tier

How do mid-nite and/or la luna relate to Hawkgirl? How do the three prongs/trident relate to Hawkgirl?

Grodd is for G is for Girl is also kind of a stretch. "Not Hawkman" and the big character thing are the only two real clues who could point to her and they could also point to lots of other characters.

Where are you getting March from too? We have lots of characters left to reveal, I doubt they'll wait till March for the next one, we still have half the month to go and have gotten two in the last two weeks (Shazam and Aquaman).

March is the third (3 prongs) month. Probably a midnight announcement.

TDLink

March is the third (3 prongs) month. Probably a midnight announcement.

Ok, I could see those interpretations as being true. I still don't see them directly pointing at Hawkgirl though. All those hints seem like they could apply to anyone.

Khezu

I think it means nothing, just lets him put up images of cameo characters for fun.

It seems like you can meter burn a naked wall bounce and it gets armor.
Not sure if everyone can do it, but Shazam and Flash do it in the video.
iIyvTEDGwzOEf.gif

Curious to know how much meter it costs, probably 2 bars, and if you can also meter burn a naked ground bounce.

Top Bottom