• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Hush the main villain in Rocksteady’s next Batman game?

More like:
504142-10524_400x600.jpg
At first, I thought Batman was just sitting there spread eagle.

I haven't read a ton into Batman lore, but Rush just looks like he'd be a cool villain.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Its not like any of Dini's writing was particularly good in the Arkham games...although funny enough he was the first person to do anything decent with Hush(besides the literal catwoman heart surgery was just...moronic)

Really? Cause I loved Arkham's take on the riddler.

Busty

Banned
IIRC there were some rumours/speculation about Warner Bros tv were developing a TV show centered around the Hush character (not sure how that would work) which JJ Arbams might produce.

So if that is even partially true the news that the next Rockstseady game would be centered around the villain does suggest that WB want to push the character.

It actually sounds pretty cool.

Corpsepyre

Banned
In some alternate reality, we'll get to play a Batman game written by Alan Moore or Grant Morrison. Imagine the minds that will melt. One can dream it will be soon.

Ephemeris

I wonder if he's just the villain in a new story, or if they're adapting.

Never forget:

batman-vs-superman2.png

If I can play this out in video game form, it's automatically the best game of the series.

No, Year.

..Gen.

Alienous

I wonder if he's just the villain in a new story, or if they're adapting.

Never forget:

batman-vs-superman2.png

If I can play this out in video game form, it's automatically the best game of the series.

No, Year.

..Gen.

Fuck yes.

That would be a boss fight to surpass Mr. Freeze's.

God damn, now I'm excited.

Maybe a new DLC for Origins? April is when Dr.Freeze DLC is coming out so maybe they will announce their new DLC???? Idk.....just doesnt make sense. Really wanted a Batman beyond game..........

suaveric

I remember three stories hinted at in City for a sequel: Hush, that Prophecy stuff, and Scarecrow had a hidden area. And didn't something happen to Clayface at the end of City, did he fall into the lazarus pit after you beat him?

Hooooooly shit, if they're doing a game based on the Hush storyline then I'll be pre-ordering as soon as I can. It's my favourite Batman TPB (especially with Jim Lee artwork).

Yep. I also love that in every issue they were able to work in one of Batman's villians. By the end of it you realize how awesome it was how they brought all these awesome characters together.

Just saying.....Superman boss fight in metropolis....my fucking head will explode it will be so awesome!!

igWJ9ZVZKoai3.gif

Out of all of the rogues they could pick, they pick Hush. Why not The League of Assassins in full? Why no Beyond game?

We already had Talia with Ra's basically being responsible for Arkham City.
And Lady Shiva was in Origins.

So unless its some way to fit Cassandra Cain in they don't need a huge role again.
do explain where Talia went though

All I really want from the next Batman game is Catwoman must return as a major character and play exactly like City.
Also a Cassandra Cain appearance

And the sidekicks actually involved in the story.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
As long as this means that other plot points from City are expanded upon, I'm fine with Hush as the main villain. Have a Scarecrow returns sub-plot, reveal what happened to Talia's body, reveal what Azrael was talking about. Maybe throw in a Deathstroke side-quest too. Just don't leave plot points that already exist on the wayside.

Oh, and keep the Joker dead. Why can't we just have Batman dealing with other rogues without having him around for one Arkham game?

.la1n

Hush is a great villian choice. I know not everyone agrees but I love that we are getting another Batman from Rocksteady. They are great with the franchise and we know there aren't any other studios putting out quality super hero games. I did kind of hope they'd be working on a TMNT game with the new movie releasing soon but I'll take Batman.

Dang0

I hope they get the writers from Origins for this one. Even though the gameplay in Origins was weak, the story was the strongest of the Arkham games.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yep. I also love that in every issue they were able to work in one of Batman's villians. By the end of it you realize how awesome it was how they brought all these awesome characters together.

Just saying.....Superman boss fight in metropolis....my fucking head will explode it will be so awesome!!
YES PLZ!

I'd kill for Rocksteady to make a Dark Knight Returns game, I honestly can't think of many Batman runs that work be better; though Court of Owls would be a close second.

Ugh I hope not. Only dini managed to slightly redeem the character and that took a ton of work.

I wish they'd do a knightfall the game. Make it a trilogy

Or a no mans land the game.

Pau

All I really want from the next Batman game is Catwoman must return as a major character and play exactly like City.
Also a Cassandra Cain appearance

And the sidekicks actually involved in the story.
Why do we still hope. ;-;

And I want Catwoman to return, but I hope playing as her isn't as god-damn cringe-worthy and embarrassing as it was in Arkham City.

Tookay

You should play as Hush trying to take down the Batman.

But it turns out it's really the Joker you're after, until you realize that the Batman-Joker imposter is actually Hush with Bruce Wayne's face and that you've actually been the Joker the whole time.

Please stop Batman games. I liked Asylum and City, but Origins was just awful and bugged like hell.

Putting the bugs to one side, Origins was probably the best Arkham game of the bunch. It certainly had the best gameplay, combat and story, not to mention Gotham covered in snow was fantastic.

Easily the best game of the trilogy and I really hope the rumour about WB Montreal working on a Suicide Squad is true...

BHK3

Banned
I would love it, I don't care for the comics and never heard of Hush till City and absolutely loved how the mission played out. I fucking hate the league of assassins and hope they are gone in the next game, I want it all to be deadshot and hush. Though its most likely gonna be killer croc and scarecrow since we haven't seen them and theres some easter eggs in City that says they are around and planning something.

HardRojo

After playing Origins, which felt like AC 2.0, I hope the gameplay presents new stuff, gadgets and mechanics, I've been eagerly for waiting for Rocksteady's next Batman game after finish City.

kodecraft

Hush is a great villian choice. I know not everyone agrees but I love that we are getting another Batman from Rocksteady. They are great with the franchise and we know there aren't any other studios putting out quality super hero games. I did kind of hope they'd be working on a TMNT game with the new movie releasing soon but I'll take Batman.

I still want a Rocksteady TMNT game.

TalonJH

I should probably go back and read few of the books about Hush. For him being apparently super important to the Batman universe, I know little to nothing about him except for what was in his file in the games. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom