• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Hush the main villain in Rocksteady’s next Batman game?

Xater

lol, neither am I. You just sounded like you knew what you were talking about so I thought I'd ask. time to read a wiki I guess.

I do know my Marvel but never had much interest in Black Panther. So most of my knowledge of him is from when he showed up in other books. :p

Who and what is a hush. Never heard of him

He was in Arkham City. Also kind of lame villain because fans figured out too early who he was supposed to be so they changed it.

Agreed. He's rubbish. City of Owls would've been better.

ooooo my man!
0685b75c7858c1a850c155ccc566adc3.jpg

erawsd

I wonder how they could approach a Court of Owls story though.

A loose retelling of the original story or a follow up with a "new" court?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how they could approach a Court of Owls story though.

A loose retelling of the original story or a follow up with a "new" court?

I dunno. Either/or really.

All I'm thinking is that Origins best addition was the martial artists who could counter your attacks and how we never got a room full of 10-20 of them to fight...

Imagine: the Talons are just as fast as Batman and can counter his moves, they can hunt and chase you down over the rooftops of Gotham, and even though you may be able to escape them, the only way to finish them was to lead them to an area where you could use the environment to put them down permanently.

I'm not sure a whole game could support it, but a chunky side mission or random encounters like that would be great.

Drayco21

I'll take anyone who's not the Joker at this point- and Hush could hold a game of his own, especially since Loeb wouldn't be writing it. It'd make sense for it to be Hush since he's been referenced in all three previous games. I'm sure he'll get displaced in importance by whatever Azrael's message.

Hopefully Montreal goes on to make a Green Arrow game once the Origins DLC stuff is fully done.

Alienous

Effing LOVE Hush...

The only other story id like to see for a Batman game is this:
2983424-6_1280x1024.jpg

If they're doing Hush, I'm sure they'll also delve into that. Certainly. A "Red Hood" surfacing in Gotham in light of the events that occurred at City's ending makes sense, and would be something Batman would investigate. Perhaps the Red Hood visits thinking Batman has broken his rule.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think I'd be happy with a Batman game that didn't have the Joker involved in at least some capacity.

Even if it was just visiting him in Arkham, like you could in AA or similar to Calendar Man in AC.

Kopite

Surprised to see so many being critical of the comic arc. I was under the impression that it was really good?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised to see so many being critical of the comic arc. I was under the impression that it was really good?

Not really, IMO. It was more hyped up than good. The plot hinged on a mystery that wasn't really a mystery. Hush is very generic design-wise and isn't much of a nemesis for Batman.

On the plus side though, it's about the quality of writing you'd expect to get from an Arkham game, so it might suit it ;P

Fantastic, I was hoping they would grab some of the open plot threads from City and run with them.

Open stories: Hush, Order of St. Dumas, Scarecrow "City of Terror"

I hope all three of these are touched upon in the story.

I also really hope this is cross gen, because I cannot afford a PS4 any time soon, and I really don't want to miss the new Rocksteady Batman game.

Juzie

Neo Member
Hush isn't really bad but he isn't good enough to get excited about that's for sure. Should of been Court of Owls goddamnit. I am a bit worried that this series is going to start feeling stale soon.

styl3s

igWJ9ZVZKoai3.gif

Out of all of the rogues they could pick, they pick Hush. Why not The League of Assassins in full? Why no Beyond game?
People are still clinging onto this pipe dream? Better odds of Shenmue 3 and Last Guardian coming out.

Court of the Owls was a solid arc but not because because of the Owls, who are actually very boring. Literally all we know about them is they are a 'super powerful group that controls everything that happens in the city' just like every other illuminati-esque villain group ever. There is no motivation given, they just want things their way just because. Very uninteresting.

jacobeid

Banned
Hush isn't really bad but he isn't good enough to get excited about that's for sure. Should of been Court of Owls goddamnit. I am a bit worried that this series is going to start feeling stale soon.

It already is IMO.

A Ra's Al Ghul game would have been nice.

Alienous

People are still clinging onto this pipe dream? Better odds of Shenmue 3 and Last Guardian coming out.

No, it'll happen. When the franchise is chewed up and all the flavor is gone you'll see a desperate Batman: Black Ops 2 Future Arkham game.

Xater

If they're doing Hush, I'm sure they'll also delve into that. Certainly. A "Red Hood" surfacing in Gotham in light of the events that occurred at City's ending makes sense, and would be something Batman would investigate. Perhaps the Red Hood visits thinking Batman has broken his rule.

If they bring him in I hope he also comes back here because Superboy Prime punched reality.

To whoever doesn't read comics, yes this is really what happened. Yes, it was as stupid as it sounds.

Hystzen

Hush doesn't even make sense for a main villain.

The whole comic arc was batman having no clue who Hush was and trying to figure it out. Hush identity was reveled in Arkham Asylum via a riddle and City already used up Hush as Bruce face reveal.

Literally nothing secret they can do with the character apart from lol Joker twist yet again. Just go red hood or court of owls which could link into scarecrow revenge and azreal

Ok I actually didn't mind lol Joker in origins after all origins was the telling of how joker b batman relationship started in the Arkham series.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I hate Hush. Almost all of Batman's rogues gallery are dark mirrors of aspects of his persona. Then they just made a literal palette swap bad guy who is DUH DUH DUH a long, long, long, long, long lost childhood friend. Oh and he knows Bruce's identity for extra drama. In the first Hush arc, Bruce was basically Matt Murdock status. Everybody knew he was Batman.

Dumb villain, dumb arc, dumb followup storylines.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Court of the Owls was a solid arc but not because because of the Owls, who are actually very boring. Literally all we know about them is they are a 'super powerful group that controls everything that happens in the city' just like every other illuminati-esque villain group ever. There is no motivation given, they just want things their way just because. Very uninteresting.

If the concept of owl-themed zombie ninja assassins ever gets dull, then I'll have to give up on comics. Although, coming so quickly on the heels of the Black Glove (super secret society etc.) didn't help.

Actually, an Arkham version of the Black Glove would be a reasonably easy excuse for a cabal of villains. They wouldn't even have to be the same ones as the comic either.

I hate Hush. Almost all of Batman's rogues gallery are dark mirrors of aspects of his persona. Then they just made a literal palette swap bad guy who is DUH DUH DUH a long, long, long, long, long lost childhood friend. Oh and he knows Bruce's identity for extra drama. In the first Hush arc, Bruce was basically Matt Murdock status. Everybody knew he was Batman.

Dumb villain, dumb arc, dumb followup storylines.

Agreed, Hush was really silly.

If the concept of owl-themed zombie ninja assassins ever gets dull, then I'll have to give up on comics. Although, coming so quickly on the heels of the Black Glove didn't help.

Actually, an Arkham version of the Black Glove would be a reasonably easy excuse for a cabal of villains. They wouldn't even have to be the same ones as the comic either.

Black Glove would be fucking great. THAT'S how you do behind the scenes manipulators. The art style for the Owl stuff was great, I just found them as an idea to be very uninspired and generic

They could also do something Black Mirror or Long Halloween esque. Really work on tweaking the gameplay so its not stale and making a darker, more minimalist mystery.

Hystzen

If the concept of owl-themed zombie ninja assassins ever gets dull, then I'll have to give up on comics. Although, coming so quickly on the heels of the Black Glove didn't help.

Court of Owls would also help bring in Nightwing into main story after what we found out about his family. Don't need rely on just batman vs talons could let us play as dick for a while for his investigation into the talons

RPGCrazied

I was really hoping rocksteady was doing a new game, like that TMNT rumor awhile back. Much as I love Batman, I'm just burned out on the Arkham games, specially with the garbage Unreal Engine. At least on PS3 it is.

TxdoHawk

Maybe that will be developed by Warner Montreal.

I was thinking the same thing, but man...I don't want two teams cranking out Batman games CoD style. I enjoyed Origins (just beat it yesterday), but after three games I have had quite enough. The formula needs a freshening.

Astorgh

We all know how it'll be. Hush “main” villain with other bad guys at his side, other bad guys not at his side but Batman will have to fight them anyway, and another ones not giving a shit as side quests because there has to be some side quests. Oh, and the Joker somewhat involved.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Court of Owls would also help bring in Nightwing into main story after what we found out about his family. Don't need rely on just batman vs talons could let us play as dick for a while for his investigation into the talons

That’s true… but Black Glove could introduce Damien. I love that psychotic little sprog :)

Black Glove would be fucking great. THAT'S how you do behind the scenes manipulators. The art style for the Owl stuff was great, I just found them as an idea to be very uninspired and generic

They could also do something Black Mirror or Long Halloween esque. Really work on tweaking the gameplay so its not stale and making a darker, more minimalist mystery.

Yeah, the secret society aspect of The Court of Owls was definitely generic, but the whole lineage of Zombie Owl Men was (what could pass for) a very cool Silver Age concept on paper given a modern make-over. I don’t think The Court of Owls themselves could hold a whole game, but as an aggressive enemy type that hunt you across the overworld, they’d be absolutely smashing.

I think Rocksteady need to look into the investigation gameplay a lot more. I’m not sure how they would go about it, but it needs a shit ton more depth/branching paths etc. They’ve nailed every other aspect: the combat, the stealth (to a degree), the traversal; I just wish they could, like you say, open up that Long Halloween/Black Mirror investigation side of things and have us earn that “Dark Knight Detective” Moniker.

Hush is a decent villain. This big weakness?
His motivation for being the anti-Batman stems from the fact that he tried to kill his parents for their inheritance money when he was a kid. Bruce Wayne's dad, who was a master surgeon, managed to save his mother's life thereby preventing Hush from becoming rich as a young boy.
That motivation is so fucking dumb.

+1

That's why Hush is a disappointing character.

Kinyou

Nice. Hope to see other old faces as well. Some of the side missions in Arkham City seemed to be just there to set up something for the sequel

Bravocado

When they do eventually make another game, make Joker take a backseat, much less visible role. Replace Riddler trophies with cruel jokes or something, and don't let the character appear until a certain point. Kinda like the ARG they had promoting the Dark Knight before Heath Ledgers unfortunate passing.

I liked the idea of Batman being hunted in Origins, but flesh it out more. Have a character or group of characters (Red Hood, League of Shadows, etc) on par (or superior to) Batman randomly ambushing him. Force him to run or hide first, then eventually he'll grow powerful enough to take them down (like the SA-X in Metroid Fusion).

Ephemeris

I doubt it would be a straight up adaptation.

At this point If I found out there's gonna be Owls, black glove etc in there I wouldn't be surprised in the least. They seem to throw everything into the pot with these games.

And I love it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I liked the idea of Batman being hunted in Origins, but flesh it out more. Have a character or group of characters (Red Hood, League of Shadows, etc) on par (or superior to) Batman randomly ambushing him. Force him to run or hide first, then eventually he'll grow powerful enough to take them down (like the SA-X in Metroid Fusion).

ninja-man-bats.jpg

Top Bottom