• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan release day sales 2/8: Virtua Bomba 5

donny2112

gutter_trash said:
wrong, there are fewer VF5 cabinets because they are rental only. Fewer cabinets nation wide = fewer people playing

nothing to do with popularity

Of course. Why would arcade owners rent popular games? They leave the most space on the floor for the unpopular ones to "help out." SEGA runs the arcades in Japan, right? Classic SEGA business strategy.

/AniHawk

cvxfreak

LJ11 said:
Excited that you had the opportunity to play a great fighter??

Someone stated this earlier, as long as I get to play good games I could care less. I'll worry about lackluster sales when I'm playing lackluster games.

:D I was making a reference to REmake back in 2002.

Although, VF5 is doing much worse.

Flo_Evans

poor SEGA...

I bet it will sell more in the US, PS3 owners need a new game to show off thier systems and you can't exactly walk to an arcade here and play it.

Linkup

LJ11 said:
Someone stated this earlier, as long as I get to play good games I could care less. I'll worry about lackluster sales when I'm playing lackluster games.

Ignoring the business side of gaming is always a bad thing. This is a business first, to bad clover didn't figure that out.

every game from here on out made for DS = confirmed?!?!?/

some of you cockgoblins called for a "one system future"... maybe you'll get your wish? :D :(

Haunted

TheJollyCorner said:

some of you cockgoblins called for a "one system future"... maybe you'll get your wish? :D :(
Splorgenborg 2010 BELIEVE
Actually the Wii is doing great in Japan - 'one company future' confirmed :p

bud

cvxfreak said:
270K. If people thought that was bad... let's see if VF5 can get there.

That isn't that bad considering the system it was on, was it?

Worldwide numbers are probabl around 500k which is actually pretty decent

TheJollyCorner said:

This would save me so much money. So yeah I better get my wish. :D

for the smartasses who want to laugh, of course I'm halfjoking.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
TheJollyCorner said:

TV-pluggable DSLite+ confirmed for next year.

Japan come on now....Seriously. You buy Naruto\Bleach shit fighting games over Virtua Fighter 5? What the hell. No, dude seriously. WHAT THE HELL.

EverSoTrendy said:
Japan come on now....Seriously. You buy Naruto\Bleach shit fighting games over Virtua Fighter 5? What the hell. No, dude seriously. WHAT THE HELL.

Hell, out of 300 000 Xbox360 owners, DOA4 still managed to sell 120 000 units.

DOA4

XBOX360

Sean*O

This shit is probably going to have some serious effect on third party developers' decision making process from here on out.

LJ11

Sean*O said:
This shit is probably going to have some serious effect on third party developers' decision making process from here on out.

VF5 multiplatform, I believe so. :D

Steroyd

Sean*O said:

Why? We've got to remember it's a port from the Arcades, it's practically minimum risk as far as reaching certain sales.

If a year from now the sales enter PSP type number than 3rd parties think about it, the PS3 is still recent atm.

KTallguy

Banned
Again, VF5 is available in Japan wherever you can find an arcade.

It's nothing new to them. It's a port with a few extra modes.

The people who bought it are mostly hardcore players who want to use training mode.

EverSoTrendy said:
DS is a console?

I just wanted to stop by and say this argument is absolutely ****ing retarded. Arcade, home system, portable, what the **** ever, they're all consoles. DS IS A PORTABLE CONSOLE. Smartasses who post just to point out that a portable is not a console can suck my juicy tender balls.

Sean*O said:

Not as much as you think.

Their alternatives are:

1.) Develop for a dead/struggling console in Japan.
2.) Develop for an unconventional console in Japan.

I think they'll stick with the PS3 for a while longer.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
ps3 is already $400-$500 in japan. the 20gb model isn't miles away from ps2's launch price. i don't think it's a price issue so much as a "videogames have been replaced by light entertainment" issue.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
drohne said:
ps3 is already $400-$500 in japan. the 20gb model isn't miles away from ps2's launch price. i don't think it's a price issue so much as a "videogames have been replaced by light entertainment" issue.

I dunno, broham. If you can't imagine yourself shifting tastes to something like Brain Training, then I doubt the same wouldn't apply to the average VF fan.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Oblivion said:
I dunno, broham. If you can't imagine yourself shifting tastes to something like Brain Training, then I doubt the same wouldn't apply to the average VF fan.
Broham? Is that even a word?

Chris Michael said:
I just wanted to stop by and say this argument is absolutely ****ing retarded. Arcade, home system, portable, what the **** ever, they're all consoles. DS IS A PORTABLE CONSOLE. Smartasses who post just to point out that a portable is not a console can suck my juicy tender balls.

Hey pal, calm down I was busting his chops. Slow your roll.

Haunted

Jim said:
Looks like for ~$575 you can get a PS3 (not sure which version) + VF5 bundle.
That must be a 60GB bundle, because the 20GB PS3 should retail at ¥49,980 (~410$) after the price cut afaik.

Maybe the japanese don't value the cheaper version and think 'the best version or none at all' though, who knows.

It can cost close to 600$ in a bundle, but the PS3 is not a 600$ console in Japan (lucky bastards :p).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Dragona Akehi said:
Hell, out of 300 000 Xbox360 owners, DOA4 still managed to sell 120 000 units.

DOA4

XBOX360

Jonnyram said:
Typically in the Japan market, games sell about 2/3 of their weekly sales on release day. DOA Xtreme 2, for example, sold 33k day one, 45k week one, 60k total. This doesn't apply to Nintendo games which tend to have extreme legs, for some reason, but it's generally true of most other releases.
Itagaki wins?

sillymonkey321 said:
Next-gen isn't just about better graphics. It'll take some time before the games that define next-gen gaming come out.

I wasn't saying it was just about Graphics. I was saying that Nintendo thought outside the box, and that is what the japanese want now. The Japanese People seem to be more into games that play different, then the tradational games, then they have in the past. We shouldn't expect the status qou , becuase it may not happen this generation like it did last generation. Yes, some company will come out with a different style of game for the PS3 and 360, Like GTA for PS2, but will it big enough to catch on in Japan? Also Companies may start developing more for the DS and Wii if both the PS3 abd it's sotware doesn't catch on soon.

Top Bottom