• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb reiterates that the PlayStation Showcase is happening this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDMIX

Their next project was GoWR (in a support role) as was later publicly announced, shown in the game credits mentioning all their devs and related linkedin personal pages showing that they moved from Demon's Souls to GoWR.

God Of War was not their game, their comments very much state "our" as in their own work. Not a support thing, not DLC, nothing of that sort as why would that be a major announcement and even more odd, why would it be something they wouldn't feel ok announcing despite the game literally already being revealed?

Additionally, do you have any link actually stating from that team themselves that the comment made earlier was referring to God Of War?

So facts say that they weren't leading any game while they were busy with GoWR

Do you have a link to support this "fact"? Like any evidence?

Sony Santa Monica supports many games while making their own too, so you don't even know how much of Bluepoint was even working on God Of War while working on their new IP, for all you know that team only has a small handful in concept phase for their game or something.

So...unless you literally have them saying they were referring to God Of War, it very much sounds like they have their own game being worked on vs another teams game.

facts also said they didn't have enough designers to lead their own AAA game, even today.
1. they have enough to start a project as you don't know the phase that game is currently in.

2. You don't know TODAY how much people currently are at that team, none of us do. They very much could have been increasing that team size as the project develops.

Not sure why they would be hiring lol ^

Soooo what ever number you have in your mind on what you think that team size is, clearly it can't be if they've been hiring since last year

Even more funny sir, their comments can't even remotely support that you are talking about

So they are going fucking reveal something when the time is right of a fucking game already announced? So.....yea. No tweet by any of them btw is saying that the original game they are talking about is God Of War.

As I'm not sure how you can reveal a game already revealed lol

and fyi God Of War wasn't a secert, it was publically known they were working on it

https://gamingbolt.com/bluepoint-games-seems-to-be-teasing-its-next-project

So their comments about a reveal and this teaser can't be about God Of War as that literally makes zero sense.

Last edited:

yurinka

God Of War was not their game, their comments very much state "our" as in their own work. Not a support thing, not DLC, nothing of that sort as why would that be a major announcement and even more odd, why would it be something they wouldn't feel ok announcing despite the game literally already being revealed?
Their whole studio worked on God of War Ragnarok, so yes it was their game since their workers completed their job in Demon's Souls until they shipped GoWR. It's the project where they were working, so was their game.
Additionally, do you have any link actually stating from that team themselves that the comment made earlier was referring to God Of War?
Do you have a link to support this "fact"? Like any evidence?

Yes, SSM announcing in Twitter that Bluepoint was one of the teams working in the game, the GoWR game credits and the linkedin personal page of many of their workers. Their whole studio was working there (you can double check it in the game credits, they are in the GoWR page of MobyGames and cross it with their LinkedIn, outside a few people who left or joined they are the same), so they had no other project in the works since they completed their job in Demon's Souls until they shipped GoWR.

Sony Santa Monica supports many games while making their own too, so you don't even know how much of Bluepoint was even working on God Of War while working on their new IP, for all you know that team only has a small handful in concept phase for their game or something.
Yes I know how much they worked on it because the game credits show which Bluepoint devs worked there (spoiler: all) and in which position. And many of them explain on their personal LinkedIn when they did start and did stop working on each project.

So...unless you literally have them saying they were referring to God Of War, it very much sounds like they have their own game being worked on vs another teams game.
0% chances of being working on their own game, they only have 4 designers, being two of them level designers, another one a game designer and the fourth one a combat designers. You can't lead a AAA game with that.

You can support a game leaded by someone else or (something their boss said moved away from) make a remaster/remake.

1. they have enough to start a project as you don't know the phase that game is currently in.
They don't have enough people in certain roles to lead their own AAA game.

2. You don't know TODAY how much people currently are at that team, none of us do. They very much could have been increasing that team size as the project develops.
Yes, we know. You can go to the studio's LinkedIn page to see who works there, and cross it with the GoWR or Demon's Souls credits (there''s a few people who left the studio and a few who joined, matching the roles of the job offers they did).

Not sure why they would be hiring lol ^

They hire people, like any other company. Or do you think that the support teams don't hire people?

Even more funny sir, their comments can't even remotely support that you are talking about
So you think that the Bluepoint devs lie in their personal LinkedIn, SSM lied when announced that Bluepoint worked on GoWR, and also lied when putting all of them in the game credits?

Do you think they did it because of an annunaki conspiracy or something like that?

So they are going fucking reveal something when the time is right of a fucking game already announced? So.....yea. No tweet by any of them btw is saying that the original game they are talking about is God Of War.

As I'm not sure how you can reveal a game already revealed lol
God of War Ragnarok is an original game and it's the game they worked on after Demon's Souls. You are just being a gaming flathearther and don't want to accept that clear fact and believe in fairies instead.

And of course, after their job on GoWR was complete they moved to some other game, and also made a few hirings. Because they didn't shut down the studio, they will continue working on stuff.

and fyi God Of War wasn't a secert, it was publically known they were working on it

https://gamingbolt.com/bluepoint-games-seems-to-be-teasing-its-next-project

So their comments about a reveal and this teaser can't be about God Of War as that literally makes zero sense.
I never said that them working on GoWR was a secret, I told you a million times about it and where you can double check it, you are the one acting as if they didn't work on it.

And this is not a teaser, it's a Christmas postcard where they show their recent projects and a box to be open that simbolizes that obviously after GoWR they are working on another project. Which as I said must be in a support codevelopment role because they are 75-80 people and miss people in some key roles to lead their own AAA game.

midnightAI

Their whole studio worked on God of War Ragnarok, so yes it was their game since their workers completed their job in Demon's Souls until they shipped GoWR. It's the project where they were working, so was their game.

Yes, SSM announcing in Twitter that Bluepoint was one of the teams working in the game, the GoWR game credits and the linkedin personal page of many of their workers. Their whole studio was working there (you can double check it in the game credits, they are in the GoWR page of MobyGames and cross it with their LinkedIn, outside a few people who left or joined they are the same), so they had no other project in the works since they completed their job in Demon's Souls until they shipped GoWR.

Yes I know how much they worked on it because the game credits show which Bluepoint devs worked there (spoiler: all) and in which position. And many of them explain on their personal LinkedIn when they did start and did stop working on each project.

0% chances of being working on their own game, they only have 4 designers, being two of them level designers, another one a game designer and the fourth one a combat designers. You can't lead a AAA game with that.

You can support a game leaded by someone else or (something their boss said moved away from) make a remaster/remake.

They don't have enough people in certain roles to lead their own AAA game.

Yes, we know. You can go to the studio's LinkedIn page to see who works there, and cross it with the GoWR or Demon's Souls credits (there''s a few people who left the studio and a few who joined, matching the roles of the job offers they did).

They hire people, like any other company. Or do you think that the support teams don't hire people?

So you think that the Bluepoint devs lie in their personal LinkedIn, SSM lied when announced that Bluepoint worked on GoWR, and also lied when putting all of them in the game credits?

Do you think they did it because of an annunaki conspiracy or something like that?

God of War Ragnarok is an original game and it's the game they worked on after Demon's Souls. You are just being a gaming flathearther and don't want to accept that clear fact and believe in fairies instead.

And of course, after their job on GoWR was complete they moved to some other game, and also made a few hirings. Because they didn't shut down the studio, they will continue working on stuff.

I never said that them working on GoWR was a secret, I told you a million times about it and where you can double check it, you are the one acting as if they didn't work on it.

And this is not a teaser, it's a Christmas postcard where they show their recent projects and a box to be open that simbolizes that obviously after GoWR they are working on another project. Which as I said must be in a support codevelopment role because they are 75-80 people and miss people in some key roles to lead their own AAA game.
A heck of a lot of conjecture in this post I'm afraid

GHound

Gold Member
Where's the money showcase Lebowski Grubb? Where's the fucking showcase shithead?! :pie_invert:
Grubb:
The Big Lebowski Whatever GIF

Last edited:

Elios83

I suppose tomorrow is the last day possible for a State of Play announcement for Thursday

Yes SoPs are often held on thursday with an announcement two days before.
If something is happening this month it's going to be announced tomorrow or insiders were wrong.
Imo it makes sense to make a smaller event focused on 2024 releases right now and wait for September to announce the Pro and what's ahead for 2025. But Sony is hardly predictable nowadays, it's really wait until they decide it's the right time to announce their stuff.

Monkfish877

The contempt Sony has for it's customer base never ceases to amaze me, they should do everyone a favour and just sell off their First party studios to someone who actually wants to develop and release single player games. It's pretty obvious they want to go all in on GAAS and I presume they see their first party studios as a nuisance and a money drain that doesn't make them easy profits.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Sounds like there's a State of Play next week which will be focused on 2024 releases, so expect some of the following;

- Astro Bot
- Concord
- Silent Hill 2
- Destiny 2: The Final Shape
- GOW Ragnarok PC
- Other 3rd party stuff thats been shown before like Blue Protocol and Zenless Zone Zero.

Then there will be a Sony Showcase when the PS5 Pro is ready to revealed which will have actual announcements.

Funny seeing people carrying on about this May Event. This is why you keep your expectations in check. If you want to see new announcements on PS, you have the Xbox show soon anyways.
Looks like a PC showcase

EDMIX

Their whole studio worked on God of War Ragnarok
Do you have anything to prove this? They themselves confirmed they are working on many projects, so this "their whole studio", I don't see anything from them confirming this.
Yes, SSM announcing in Twitter that Bluepoint was one of the teams working in the game, the GoWR game credits and the linkedin personal page of many of their workers.
lol, no sir...I'm saying do you have a link showing that the original comment made about them making an "original game" was based on God Of War?

What you are doing is fucking debating them working on the game, I'm not telling you they didn't, I'm telling you their comments was not based on supporting God Of War and you've yet to provide a single link, tweet, comment etc showing that this exact comment was referring to God Of War.

bluepoint-games-holiday-tease-1536x1536.jpg

This is part of that teaser showing the closed present of the game they've yet to reveal, if it was God Of War the whole time, why also already have a God Of War axe unless that was an already known thing and not part of their comment about teasing this mysterious game?

How can you reveal something that was already revealed? lol
you are the one acting as if they didn't work on it.
Nope.

I've never once made any comment arguing they never worked on it, I'm telling you their support of that game wasn't what they were teasing as God Of War's weapon is litearlly on the fucking postcard of the teaser confirming ITS NOT what they are referring to.

The fact that they are even saying "Reveal Coming “When the Time is Right” makes even less sense to refer to God Of War because its already been released by the time those comments were made.

So they revealing a game already released?

Stop man.

You seem to have no answer as to why they would argue a reveal on a something they are openly working on, show in a fucking post card, shown in credits, sooooo how would they be revealing something? lol

t. Which as I said must be in a support codevelopment role because they are 75-80 people and miss people in some key roles to lead their own AAA game.

Sir, Days Gone was started by Sony Bend at the time where they only had like 100 people and they hired more as the game developed.... Sooooo this whole thing about them being a small team doesn't support they are not working on some AAA game cause you don't know the exact size right now and them hiring now means they could still be in those early phases.

So....I don't see anything to argue God Of War was what they were referring to and you haven't given anything to support that their comments were about God Of War and yet to address why they would state something about a reveal on something announced, released etc.

So what ever they are working on, they are still working on. Unless you can prove those exact comments are about God Of War, it stands they are working on an original game of their own that has yet to be revealed.

Is this planned to be a major playstation thing? Surely they are due one?
To be honest in term of timing for PlayStation, it would make more sense to have a Showcase around September when they are gonna reveal the Pro and announce some of their big new First-Party titles like the sequel of GoT running on the Pro.

They could have something in May or June but that would be to show their holiday games like Concord, Astro Bot and maybe Lego Horizon but they could also be shown in the Summer Game Fest.

Akuji

With the Pro around the corner, why Show the games off on a System with less power, i could see them waiting for the pro and then have a flood

If the flood doesnt come with the pro ...
Sony plz, have some games.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
PlayStation leadership rotates June 1st. Nothing PR-related will happen before said date, whatever the insiders said.

It’s funny though how people are getting disappointed by the fake deadlines tho.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Yesterday was Memorial Day in the US, no one at SIE was at work. The person who runs their Twitter was home finding people to cancel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom