• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

The only thing I could see making sense (lol) out of the t-shirt deal if it's just TNA making and selling their own merch in addition to the wrestlers still having their own shit (especially if they're changing people's names)

It's still stupid as fuck but it's not much different than companies licensing out rights to print stuff

Menome

I just got word that GWF ordered 10 episodes of Talking Menome

giphy.gif

See? Syder's so excited, he gave himself an aneurysm.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't even understand why Paige is being protected via Rock's movie. Why does Rock want to make a movie about Paige when I could think of any number of people on the roster who'd be a better story for a movie.

Sephzilla

I don't even understand why Paige is being protected via Rock's movie. Why does Rock want to make a movie about Paige when I could think of any number of people on the roster who'd be a better story for a movie.

Honestly, I think Rock's let his "highest grossing actor" title go to his head. Now he thinks anything he touches turns to gold when in reality he made most of his money being a supporting character in Fast & Furious. This is probably part of the reason he was so defensive about Baywatch

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Honestly, I think Rock's let his "highest grossing actor" title go to his head. Now he thinks anything he touches turns to gold when in reality he made most of his money being a supporting character in Fast & Furious. This is probably part of the reason he was so defensive about Baywatch

I mean, the thing is that Paige's story isn't that interesting and I've never seen anything that made me think Paige is particularly down to earth and a good subject for a movie.

I mean, I guess it could have been worse and he could have made a movie called "My Cousin Roman."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean, the thing is that Paige's story isn't that interesting and I've never seen anything that made me think Paige is particularly down to earth and a good subject for a movie.

I mean, I guess it could have been worse and he could have made a movie called "My Cousin Roman."
I'd watch a documentary of the Anoai family over the Knight family

Angry Grimace

I'd watch a documentary of the Anoai family over the Knight family

I just don't think wrestling is going to make a good movie. I don't want to see any movie about wrestling. I could just watch wrestling, which is already a show about a wrestling show.

Saw Rampage vs Ishii match, really nice hoss battle.

Rampage and Walter are the two wrestler from the UK / Europe scene I want to see in NJPW.

Also, is the WCPW crowd usually this boring?

I could see Walter making it after BOLA.

And yeah, they are. They're more casual smarky fans, so they'll pop for your Angles, Del Rio's, etc rather than these guys. See them no selling the only UK appearances of Minoru Suzuki

twice

Beefy

HBO's new series can go fuck itself.

The show “chronicles the events leading to the Third American Civil War. The series takes place in an alternate timeline, where the southern states have successfully seceded from the Union, giving rise to a nation in which slavery remains legal and has evolved into a modern institution. The story follows a broad swath of characters on both sides of the Mason-Dixon Demilitarized Zone – freedom fighters, slave hunters, politicians, abolitionists, journalists, the executives of a slave-holding conglomerate and the families of people in their thrall.”

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408425

This is one of the most basic stories in the alternative history/counter-factual genre: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War_alternate_histories

Were you saying "fuck off" when the mockumentary "C.S.A.: The Confederate States of America" was released? How about Harry Turtledove's novel, "Guns of the South"? If not, then what's so different about this work?

Read the quote. We don't need shit like this with how messed up the US is atm

What, you think a genre drama on a paid cable channel is actually going to make the cultural and economic divisions in the US worse? You're giving this show and HBO too much credit.

I could see Walter making it after BOLA.

And yeah, they are. They're more casual smarky fans, so they'll pop for your Angles, Del Rio's, etc rather than these guys. See them no selling the only UK appearances of Minoru Suzuki

twice

After the last Walter vs Riddle match, I want to see Walter in chop battles in NJPW.

Yikes, they kinda ruined the mood for the match, just looking boring, one guy trying to get a chant to no avail, compared to the Progress crowd in the Walter vs Riddle match, that made the encounter even better.

DFID7FdXsAEUuWF.jpg
GFW launching their own version of Talking Smack almost exactly a week after weekly Talking Smack is cancelled. Hosted by Josh Mathews and Tyrus

Angry Grimace

PWInsider says a conviction would result in WWE immediately releasing Paige

That's their policy they announced in 2014 when the Ray Rice story was blowing up headlines; same thing that happened with Adam Rose.

DFID7FdXsAEUuWF.jpg
GFW launching their own version of Talking Smack almost exactly a week after weekly Talking Smack is cancelled. Hosted by Josh Mathews and Tyrus
AHAHAHAHA

Nice

Hopefully it's better than that worthless post-show they tried like 10 years ago. All backstage stuff, don't remember what it was called

...because it's doing an alternate universe story where the south actually broke free?

stories where the bad guys in wars win isn't really new

Two white men doing entertainment involving the subject of slavery traditionally doesn't go well

There's a billion ways this can go wrong, two ways this can go right, and considering the creators' history, this is absolutely hitting at least a hundred wrong ways before cancellation

Beefy

This is one of the most basic stories in the alternative history/counter-factual genre: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War_alternate_histories

Were you saying "fuck off" when the mockumentary "C.S.A.: The Confederate States of America" was released? How about Harry Turtledove's novel, "Guns of the South"? If not, then what's so different about this work?

What, you think a genre drama on a paid cable channel is actually going to make the cultural and economic divisions in the US worse? You're giving this show and HBO too much credit.

Never heard of C.S.A and I don't read books. I just think it is a bad idea with the current climate to how bruvas and sistas are treated in the US.

Beefy

If there's anything the people behind Game of Thrones are good at, it's properly telling stories involving people of colo
tumblr_inline_o692f5uQ871tht6gi_1280.jpg
ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god

GoT is bad enough in some scenes. Imagine them doing a series on slaves and huge companies trading slaves etc. Nah, I don't want to see that shit.

I highly doubt a scripted drama on a paid cable channel is going to get more cops to shoot black people or schools to suspend black boys at even more disproportionate rates. Unless I missed something, Mad Men didn't drive more people to join the advertising industry, and Walking Dead didn't get people to kill zombies.

It'll focus on heroic white people and marginalize POC characters. And it won't have the political capital you're ascribing to it.

Anyway, wrestling:
rock_seven_tsunkatse.jpg

Zach

OwensIsNow is stuck in the past. A time when Beefy and I were selling out Twitch chat rooms around the globe. Things were different back then, OwensIsNow. We didn't know racism was wrong.

Top Bottom