• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Mahonay

Banned
He wanted to stick around so he could still promote the company on the red carpet of GOTG, and HHH and Vince both told him (during peak comic book movie era) nah, shit was gonna bomb. lmfao. Always gonna be one of my favorite stories, funnier every year
Yeah I remember this story. Never stops being funny. Fucking idiots.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If the Rock never wrestles another match, they should promote Erick Rowan as "the man who retired the Rock." The fact he didn't win the match isn't actually relevant.

Bronx-Man

Banned
He wanted to stick around so he could still promote the company on the red carpet of GOTG, and HHH and Vince both told him (during peak comic book movie era) nah, shit was gonna bomb. lmfao. Always gonna be one of my favorite stories, funnier every year
1483.gif

These people are always so fucking wrong about everything, I love it

hindsight is 20/20 of course, but i was one of the people who were HIGHLY skeptical of GotG's performance before it dropped

Mahonay

Banned
hindsight is 20/20 of course, but i was one of the people who were HIGHLY skeptical of GotG's performance before it dropped
Still really dumb to think a big budget super hero movie was going to bomb, when they are almost guarantee money makers these days, even when they are bad. ESPECIALLY Marvel movies.

And of all people to poo poo on someone's movie career, the heinous fucking movies WWE Studios makes. HHH, weren't you The Chaperone? Shut the fuck up.
In a few years Batista will probably be more known as an actor than a wrestler
I think it's already about 55/45, known as actor/wrestler.

Sephzilla

Your'e definitely not wrong but after the first trailer dropped there was a general feeling of optimism regarding GOTG. So it was still a foolish thing on WWE's part

In a few years Batista will probably be more known as an actor than a wrestler

I think it's already that way, to be honest.

My memory's bad on if it was the only, or merely one of the only, original-looking comic films (let alone with a nice cast) set for release that year, so I fucked up thinking in January that it'd be the second-biggest comic film of the year.

It wound up being the biggest.

I don't think anyone, ever in a million years, could have expected the once-Deacon, Dave "basketballs don't hold grudges" Batista, to be the standout of a year's biggest comic book movie blockbuster.

Mahonay

Banned
My memory's bad on if it was the only, or merely one of the only, original-looking comic films (let alone with a nice cast) set for release that year, so I fucked up thinking in January that it'd be the second-biggest comic film of the year.

It wound up being the biggest.

I don't think anyone, ever in a million years, could have expected the once-Deacon, Dave "basketballs don't hold grudges" Batista, to be the standout of a year's biggest comic book movie blockbuster.
I certainly was not expecting it to be the runaway hit it was.

But to shrug if off like it was going to be nothing was out of touch. It's still a Marvel movie. That holds a ton of weight. Certainly more than WWE's carny asses.

Tom Nook

HAHAHAHAHA

At the same, WWE releases See No Evil 2 and the fucking Leprechaun movie.

We're into the thin period of G1 right? All I watched from day 5 was Ishii/Ibushi and all I'm watching from Day 6 is Omega/Yano.

Both Okada/Sanada and Suzuki/Juice were great

What I want is Suzuki beats Okada and Sanada beats Omega.

Amd those be the only losses for Okada and Omega

jmdajr

Hmmm. Guess Chris Jericho did a 10 year anniversary Podcast on the Benoit tragedy.

Man. Hard to believe it's been that long, but pre-PG era also seems forever ago.

I watched the first couple Monday Night Wars on the network. Pretty decent, if a bit self congratulatory. There are a bunch though and order doesn't seem to matter. Any recommendations?

Top Bottom