• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jump Super Stars - The Official Thread

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dumb question. Will this play on an American DS? Is NDS like "Region Free?"

Urge to get game is overwhelming.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. Also, Download Play will work on any DS for single cart multiplayer as well, so free multiplayer for everyone. :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MetatronM said:
Yup. Also, Download Play will work on any DS for single cart multiplayer as well, so free multiplayer for everyone. :D

Is it true that you can only play as one of four characters (and no one else) when using the single cart multiplayer option?

iill have to double check on that mainly because i played agst 2 others and it let me use the default 4 i had, but i dont think i had anything unlocked as of that time.

Mairu

There are four or five (I think) preset koma decks that it cycles through for all the people playing on single cart multiplayer. Kinda lame that you can't even use the koma you unlocked in single cart multiplayer, but if anyone who enjoys any of the series featured in JSS and also has a DS they should own this game anyways.

karlikk

What i love in smash bros. is that acrobat style you can move around, like, jump once, delay, double jump, then move to some narrow place, press down to fly down faster, then you land and keep crouching, stuff like that always made a smile on my face, cuz it was done so fluidly
and you can confuse your opponent. I did play the demo of this game. Maybe i'm judging too early, but i expected a bit more. I've played SSBM for like 800hrs, if people say, this game is like smash bros, they haven't played enough smash bros, you can find similiar things to SB but the feeling is different.
Will possibly buy this a bit later, cuz AWDS is coming up.

Mairu

MetatronM said:
Does anybody have a .pdf of the Goten and Ichigo cards? I don't feel like waiting for Ichigo's help koma. :)
I'm looking for the same thing. The picture that I found on gamefaqs has a huge glare on the Ichigo one and the Goten one is just a little messed up. If anyone has a REAL scan of those cards or a pdf, rather than the shitty picture floating out there, that'd rock

Can we import the Jump Superstar cards? Also use this if you are having problems creating Koma's.

Japanese Faq

Look for the Manga Strip title in the section titled this: 技

5th column from the left in the large green section.

Once you find it translate the page and look at the first column to see what anime it is from.

kIdMuScLe

damn i just played my friend's copy and damn this game rocks.........and also i've just placed 4 orders for some friends including one for myself(hopefully i get a DS on the cheap by the time the game gets' here :D )

man this shit rocks!

finally got Jump SS and Ouendan from play-asia today - took them long enough but I was away from home for nine days anyway.

Played JSS seems awesome I just stopped playing so I can bookmark some japanese help guides I found in this thread :)

Ouendan is o_O! I'm going to need some help with the basics for that game.

So far I have 4 imported games for the DS and this was my first time importing anything ever
I have 3 US games. So the DS seems to be the only gaming I will be doing for a long time to come :D

Spike

Got this today. Videogamesplus.ca's b&m store had a copy in stock, so I picked it up.

This is the first game I've purchased since March. I hope it's good...

Hero said:
What's the difference between a combination attack and a dream combo?

Ok you know the three kanji symbol symbols (if you unlocked them) in your deck (represented by the Pirate symbol). Connect the three together then they will create a flow with arrows coming out both ends. add 2 characters to that a BOOM! Dream combo. The only thing is they need to work together. I know Jo-Jo and Luffy (One Piece) works together.

p5_c3_img.gif

Shao

Hero said:
What's the difference between a combination attack and a dream combo?

This is just from my personal understanding ( I could have the names mixed up):

Combination attack = get the three cards , love friendship or whatever (green, yellow and red with japanese characters on). Place them in any order in your "deck" and they can link up 2 characters. Check gamefaqs to see which characters are compatible with which.

Now when you click on one of the combo cards during battle, the two characters will perform a special move(s) which is super awesome. Like Kenshin + Zoro = uber destructo death (made up name)

Dream combo : When you click on your current characters koma in the deck it attacks, this kick starts the combo. Before the attack ends, tap another battle character (4 square or more) and that character will continue the combo. Do this as many times as you wish and finish uo by tapping your first character again - this is a dream combo and some missions require you to do 5 for example.

Diagram:

Luffy - Naruto - Goku - Luffy again = dream combo. Looks ace and is the stuff which makes fanboys drool.

Hope they continue this dream relationship into other genres and make it a super franchise like Pokemon. JSS RPG here we come!!!! PLEASE OH GOD MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Someone make a petition damnit.

kiryogi

Banned
Shao said:
This is just from my personal understanding ( I could have the names mixed up):

Combination attack = get the three cards , love friendship or whatever (green, yellow and red with japanese characters on). Place them in any order in your "deck" and they can link up 2 characters. Check gamefaqs to see which characters are compatible with which.

Now when you click on one of the combo cards during battle, the two characters will perform a special move(s) which is super awesome. Like Kenshin + Zoro = uber destructo death (made up name)

Dream combo : When you click on your current characters koma in the deck it attacks, this kick starts the combo. Before the attack ends, tap another battle character (4 square or more) and that character will continue the combo. Do this as many times as you wish and finish uo by tapping your first character again - this is a dream combo and some missions require you to do 5 for example.

Diagram:

Luffy - Naruto - Goku - Luffy again = dream combo. Looks ace and is the stuff which makes fanboys drool.

Hope they continue this dream relationship into other genres and make it a super franchise like Pokemon. JSS RPG here we come!!!! PLEASE OH GOD MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Someone make a petition damnit.

The catch to the "Dream Combo" is that finishing it will use up one entire bar, but it lets you finish with that first char's special :D

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Spazbiohaz said:
Ok you know the three kanji symbol symbols (if you unlocked them) in your deck (represented by the Pirate symbol). Connect the three together then they will create a flow with arrows coming out both ends. add 2 characters to that a BOOM! Dream combo. The only thing is they need to work together. I know Jo-Jo and Luffy (One Piece) works together.

p5_c3_img.gif
You just described a Super Tag. A Dream Combo is something completely different.

Shao

By the way, I found one 3-koma support character who does 43 damage (at least I think thats what the number means) He's from bobobo, has grey spiky hair and farts on the enemy.

If I'm wrong, please explain how we know what those numbers mean in the deck-testing fight. I figured out th e left blue side is combo.

and gamefaqers have found a glitch which makes unlocking speech/serif komas much easier.

Sanji kicks ass so far in this game.

Nobiru said:
Has Famitsu even reviewed this game yet?

yes got a 32/40

I noticed using a 6 koma luffy i got his regular x attack to do like 75+ dmg with a +atk koma

Thats pretty nice (well for me) im having issues building the komas and doing a test and check.. its actually driving me insane.. cause its a guess and check and I have well over 200+ atm.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Shao said:
Sanji kicks ass so far in this game.
Sanji does kick ass. I was using him regularly earlier in the game, but Luffy is my gun of choice.

I've got about 550 koma now.

Oh, and that glitch is pretty cool. Too bad I only have 3 unmatched serif koma left (2 of which I'm missing a help koma for somehow). :D

Shao

PezRadar said:
yes got a 32/40

I noticed using a 6 koma luffy i got his regular x attack to do like 75+ dmg with a +atk koma

Thats pretty nice (well for me) im having issues building the komas and doing a test and check.. its actually driving me insane.. cause its a guess and check and I have well over 200+ atm.

Do you mean matching the blank komas with their respective characters? Heres the glitch:

1) Find the koma you want - example 4 koma Luffy
2) Filter the list to show only 4-komas
3) Put the koma into your deck
4) Filter the list again by clicking on the anime icon filter - list will go blank
5) Click the number filter again to turn it off.
6) you now know which anime that koma belongs to.

Courtesy of GameFAQs who got it off somewhere else.

If you mean knowing which card is which, learn to recognise the symbols, or press select to change upper screen view to show which character you're looking at.

man I have been playing for a while and I still can't understand the koma and deck thing
but I love the game so far I am just stuck on the wall break stage - and my girlfriend keeps coming over so I had no time to play

Jonnyram

I just beat the game... I had about 440 koma when I beat it, and 15 hours on the clock. I'd got 100% of the koma I could get up to that point, but some more stuff opens after you win too! It's a huge game, and it takes some time working out the serif koma, but usually it's related to the characters in the round where you get the koma, so try to fill in the serif koma as soon as you get them. Still no Dr. Slump koma for me! I guess they're buried really deep.

BTW, I'm not a Dragonball fan at all, so please can someone explain how the hell Songoten and Trunks combine to make Gotenks? Very perplexing.

ziran

Jonnyram said:
BTW, I'm not a Dragonball fan at all, so please can someone explain how the hell Songoten and Trunks combine to make Gotenks? Very perplexing.
they fuse.

goku showed them how to do it in the fight against majin buu. they have to even their power, trunks lowers his to match goten at max, then they can perform fusion.

jonnyram, what's your overall verdict of the game?

Jonnyram, you're saying you beat the
DBZ Stage
and got the end credits, correct? Personally, I wouldn't really consider that the end of the game, as after that you still unlock more multiple paths, more stages, a few hundred more komas, more manga series, and there're still more "story" bits. I beat that stage as well somewhere between the 15 - 20 hour mark. I'm currently over 26 hours in (Just beat the
Hikaru no Go
stage), I've got over 500 something komas, and am still unlocking new pathways and komas.

So in my opinion, I wouldn't consider the game "beaten" until I've unlocked every koma.

Jonnyram

I say "beaten" because I saw the credits, yeah.
I'll say "complete" when I've got all the koma ;)
It's such a huge game though o_O

nubbe

This game is pure awesome. It is a really rich fighter with lots of variety and fighting style. It is almost like the Pokemon of fighting games. It took me about 7 hours to do the full circle.

Now I need to spend a few more hours to get Bleach and Hikaru… The best for last :(

Well I completed the game now. All Koma's aquired. Gold Crowns on every level. I still feel there is more tho. :( None the less this is one of the best 4-player fighters created and a fine DS title.

Shao said:
Do you mean matching the blank komas with their respective characters? Heres the glitch:

1) Find the koma you want - example 4 koma Luffy
2) Filter the list to show only 4-komas
3) Put the koma into your deck
4) Filter the list again by clicking on the anime icon filter - list will go blank
5) Click the number filter again to turn it off.
6) you now know which anime that koma belongs to.

Courtesy of GameFAQs who got it off somewhere else.

If you mean knowing which card is which, learn to recognise the symbols, or press select to change upper screen view to show which character you're looking at.

I dont get that..

The game truly doesnt end until you get to the last boss with the little girl from that dbz creator

Arale. Dr. Slump's little android.

I just got the game a few days ago. I love it. I have about 9 hours logged in adventure mode and I've barely scratched the surface. I do wish I knew more about these manga though. Unlocking POT and ES21 stuff isn't nearly as fun for me as unlocking Naruto, Shaman King, and One Piece stuff.

I have a Club Nintendo code from Jump Super Stars for anyone who wants it. I'm not a member, and I don't live in Japan, so I can't use it.

Jonnyram

I completed my koma collection last night, after more than 20 hours of playtime.
It looks like noone's ever going to play multiplayer with me so I have no desire to play the game any more. I'm not even sure why I played through the single player experience :lol
Lots of good stuff coming out this week, though, so I'm probably done with this game.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
this is much cooler than I expected. There are some wonderful animations and obviously a lot of content. One thing though...getting much done or collected is pretty much impossible without a faq at your side, imo, and that's...annoying.

Bebpo

Banned
MarkRyan said:
I've been working on a guide for the game. It's a work in progress, but here it is (complete with a pictoral demonstration of the koma-matching glitch).

That's pretty damn awesome. Really nice layout, tons of translation and just a huge awesome guide, wow you rock.

How did you get all those great captures though? Is there some kind of dongle to get video out of the DS?

Top Bottom