• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 5 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't necessarily take Raylan as an Anti-hero...I know I may get flack for this, but like...I mean now based on how the show has run that argument can be made. But I always take him more as a fallen, anachronistic Classic Hero. Raylan doesn't really lack heroic qualities so it makes it a bit more complicated. He's more of a Byronic hero.

Yeah. Even Yost has said that Raylan is a flawed hero, not an anti-hero. I agree with that.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

HERRIMAN: I certainly didn’t go out with the tattoos, considering that they’re all white supremacist and Nazi tattoos. Although when we shot the pilot in Pittsburgh, we were finishing late one night and starting early the next day, and the make-up artist did ask me to keep them on. I discovered, when I was walking around in the city at night, that I had “Heil Hitler” written on my neck and that probably wasn’t such a great idea, so I got home as quickly as I could.

Man, fuck that lol

demolitio

From the Facebook Q&A:

:dead:

That's hilarious. I always wondered what was up with Jere Burns after seeing him in Burn Notice and then Justified with such weird eyebrows and stretched forehead. Over-the-top plastic surgery I take it?

Either way, seems kind of harsh to say that about someone you work with. That's so Raylan... :p

He's pretty much always looked like that.

xUlZYqy.jpg

So my cable isn't working today, and I can't call the cable company cause my voice is gone...

The Fates are cruel.

But I'll find a way to watch it. Without going into too much detail...

do.gif

inm8num2

Hmm AICN said tonight is the weakest season finale of Justified to date. I don't put much stock into that comment, but interesting nonetheless.

styl3s

So my cable isn't working today, and I can't call the cable company cause my voice is gone...

The Fates are cruel.

But I'll find a way to watch it. Without going into too much detail...

do.gif
If your internet is working and you are on comcast just watch the live FX stream through xfinity. Or if you have friend/family who do have comcast use their log in.

That's how i watch it live.

Niraj

Hmm AICN said tonight is the weakest season finale of Justified to date. I don't put much stock into that comment, but interesting nonetheless.

Hope not.

What is everyone's favorite finale out of the ones we've seen? Mine might be season 3's off the top of my head. You get the "holy shit! It's a piggy bank!" line, the payoff with Quarles' railgun ("they're saying I disarmed him"), and that punch to the gut at the end with Arlo. "He didn't know it was a state trooper. He just saw a man in a hat pointing a gun at Boyd." Just a solid blend of humor and seriousness. They're all good though!

Solo

It's S2. Which is no surprise as it's got the best.....everything....in the series.

"Get to see my boys, get to understand the mystery"

I felt like Season 4 with Boyd breaking into his and Ava's Dream house and Raylan looking at Arlo's grave were my favorite moments of any finale...

That being said, I think season 2 was my favorite finale episode overall.

Solo

Second place for me is S1, with Raylan letting Boyd go. I still think the series finale will revisit this in some fashion, whether its Raylan arrested Boyd this time, or killing him this time, or a 180 role reversal where Boyd lets Raylan escape some kind of heat.

Might make sense in that this will be setting stuff up for the next season end game, so certain things might not be allowed to be terribly final.

Niraj

It's S2. Which is no surprise as it's got the best.....everything....in the series.

"Get to see my boys, get to understand the mystery"

That one is really good too. That line you quoted is great. Also like the exchange between Loretta and Raylan ("Think about what your daddy would want you to do." "I want him to be here to tell me!). The Loretta-Raylan relationship was really great. 2 is probably my next favorite.

I felt like Season 4 with Boyd breaking into his and Ava's Dream house and Raylan looking at Arlo's grave were my favorite moments of any finale...

That being said, I think season 2 was my favorite finale episode overall.

Great moments, agreed. Boyd in the place that was going to lead him away from his roots, and Raylan being back at his.

inm8num2

I loved the S3 finale. The line from Raylan to Winona about Arlo shooting a man in a hat was utterly heartbreaking.

Also, the Duffy Jesus Christ scene is legendary.

Niraj

I loved the S3 finale. The line from Raylan to Winona about Arlo shooting a man in a hat was utterly heartbreaking.

Also, the Duffy Jesus Christ scene is legendary.

Can't believe I forgot to mention that lol.

3fquFoO.gif

styl3s

After reading that super insightful and thought filled review i am now worried /s

I take 0 stock in any comment that says "not good", "bad" or "weak" without giving any real reason behind the comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom