• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equus Bellator Apex

enzo_gt said:
April 22nd.

:'(

guy_screaming.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sebulon3k said:
Was the SXSW Vevo video ever put up / thread made?
Nope.. from what I posted in the other thread:
https://twitter.com/#!/micfoxvevo/status/61423487935447041

@YeezyDude @vevo @kanyewest is finalizing edits. It will be worth the wait. He's a perfectionist.

Wait a month, wait some more..

zychi

Banned
Ye's "mixtape" from Coachella:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OXM838E0
Setlist:

H.A.M. (Intro)
Dark Fantasy (ft. Justin Vernon)
Power
Jesus Walks
Can’t Tell Me Nothing
Diamonds
Hell of a Life
Monster (ft. Justin Vernon)
Flashing Lights
PYT Intro
Good Life
Sirius Intro
Love Lockdown
Say You Will
Heartless
Swagger Like Us
Run This Town
We Will Rock You
E.T.
Homecoming
Through The Wire
All Falls Down
Touch The Sky
Gold Digger
All of the Lights
Stronger
Runaway (ft. Pusha T)
Lost in the World (ft. Justin Vernon)
Hey, Mama

Bradlums

I'm not sure why everyone dislikes the last few minutes of runaway so much. I love the cellos and kanye's super heavily distorted, auto-tuned voice. Almost sounds like a guitar solo. I'd go as far to say as it's the highlight of the album for me. Then again, I pay more attention to instruments than lyrics usually so that might explain why.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Probably one more music vid and then promotion will halt, if not already.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
worth the wait.

dat ass on Minaj is magical...dear lord, I will pray for it everyday.

Oozer3993

It might be fake. Statement from Kanye's camp:

The version of the Kanye West recording ‘Mama’s Boy’ that arrived on blog sites earlier this week is entirely bogus and unsanctioned, and violates the artist’s creative intentions. As is often the unfortunate case, an unknown party or parties got a hold of Kanye West’s vocal track and added their own soundbed to it, effectively and falsely releasing it as a Kanye West track from the ‘My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy’ sessions. The result in no way resembles the final song Kanye West intended his fans to hear, and he is deeply disappointed that one of the most personal, meaningful and special songs he has ever written would reach people in this way. Needless to say, measures are being taken to identify and prosecute the persons responsible for leaking this material.

Swag

Just finished watching.

1. Mos Def opening was so good, but those colored masks were wierd.

2. The H.A.M performance cements how much I hate that song, dunno what you see in it Enzo.

3. Ballad type performance of Pursuit of Happiness was so good. Hope I get to see Cudi perform at some point, I love how the crowd didn't sing along at first till he coaxed them on.

4. Dark Fantasy, one of the best Kanye hype songs, performing on top of the G00D Music sign, with Teyana Taylor's fine ass dancing like a hooker, and Bon Iver looking awkward to the side, was interesting. Haha seriously what is Bon Iver doing, looks so out of place. However Kanye looked like a boss on top of that sign.

5. Shame Chris Brown couldn't perform this with Big, dudes got good stage presence and energy though.

6. John Legend deserves all the good things in this world, this version of Blame Game was so good, the solo piano intro, album version of the song stripped down to just Kanye and the Piano. Although Kanye talking to the audience was a bit awkward, glad there wasn't a lot of it.

7. Pusha T is one of the scariest dudes I've seen when he raps, looks like he's about to chop your head off.

Too bad there isn't the entirety of the performances, fuck you Vevo

Ashhong

As much as I love Kanye, I suddenly don't have high hopes for his WTT tour. It dawned on me that with Jay Z by his side, he probably won't do a "show" like Glow in the Dark. I feel like its going to be more like a concert with all of the hyping and playing to the crowd. I don't think Ye ever once addressed the crowd in his GITD tour, and it was fantastic.

Him going "EY EY, GO GO GO GO GO" just doesnt sound right.

golem

Ashhong said:
As much as I love Kanye, I suddenly don't have high hopes for his WTT tour. It dawned on me that with Jay Z by his side, he probably won't do a "show" like Glow in the Dark. I feel like its going to be more like a concert with all of the hyping and playing to the crowd. I don't think Ye ever once addressed the crowd in his GITD tour, and it was fantastic.

Him going "EY EY, GO GO GO GO GO" just doesnt sound right.
The word on the street was that Jay's camp just wants to get in and do the damn thing and make money but Kanye of course wants a big production. Not sure who won out in the end, but I suppose we'll find out.

Karram

Does anyone knows where I can find interviews/articles/videos etc. of the process of making the album ? Reading some stuff like how long Kanye works, got me super interested in knowing more about the creative process.

darkandroid

Neo Member
I'm not sure why everyone dislikes the last few minutes of runaway so much. I love the cellos and kanye's super heavily distorted, auto-tuned voice. Almost sounds like a guitar solo. I'd go as far to say as it's the highlight of the album for me. Then again, I pay more attention to instruments than lyrics usually so that might explain why.

First time I played that song in the stereo in my car, I thought the CD had scratched and wasnt reading properly....then the song continued and realized that it wasnt anything wrong with the CD or car stereo, it was just Kanye West's genius. :)

kamspy

Here's my Dark Twisted Fantasy:

1. Dark Fantasy
2. Gorgeous
3. Power
4. Devil in a new Dress
5. Good Friday
6. So Appalled
7. Monster
8. Lord, Lord, Lord
9. Take One for the Team
10. Hell of a Life
11. Christian Dior Denim Flow
12. Chain Heavy
13. Blame Game

There's a good 4.5 mic there.

what the hell is up with "Who Will Survive in America" ? How did that get on the album?

I think that ends the album pretty well, in an odd sort of way. I am still annoyed by the duck quack noise in "Lost in the World" and the worthless mastering on "Monster" (I know what he was going for, but hearing that song gain out makes even the vinyl version sound like a 96k mp3)

Grakl

Just listened to this album for the first time last week, all in one sitting. Easily one of the best albums I've ever heard.

IceCold

I think that ends the album pretty well, in an odd sort of way. I am still annoyed by the duck quack noise in "Lost in the World" and the worthless mastering on "Monster" (I know what he was going for, but hearing that song gain out makes even the vinyl version sound like a 96k mp3)

Blame Vlado Meller for the bad mastering. He sucks ass.

Ashhong

So I was listening to this again today and can we all agree that Runaway is a classic?? The simple piano beat is just beautiful and even the last 3 minutes is worth it for the strings alone. I think kanye is too good for rap music.

JohnDoe

Banned
So I was listening to this again today and can we all agree that Runaway is a classic?? The simple piano beat is just beautiful and even the last 3 minutes is worth it for the strings alone. I think kanye is too good for rap music.

I really wish they had an instrumental version with the Rick James vocal sample included :(

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I was just listening to it the other day. Amazing song for sure. Best of the album and yeah, a classic.

Ashhong

I really wish they had an instrumental version with the Rick James vocal sample included :(

That would be awesome. I think they released one but without the sample right?

Is he supposed to release a new solo this year? I eagerly await out thread following the leaks and such. Definitely one of my favorite times on GAF

JohnDoe

Banned
That would be awesome. I think they released one but without the sample right?

Is he supposed to release a new solo this year? I eagerly await out thread following the leaks and such. Definitely one of my favorite times on GAF
Yep, they released one without the sample, whyyyy?!? :(

He's appearently working on a new album an we can expect some new shit in a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom