• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChldRebelSoldr said:
Amazing. I always wanted an orchestral version of the whole song when I first heard the Interlude.

Interlude and the transition into All of the Lights proper is probably my favorite part of the whole album.

I recently went back through my Yeezy discography and can hardly listen to any of Graduation anymore. Only a few tracks sound like any effort was put into them. Doesn't even compare to College Dropout, but Big Brother will always hold a special place in my heart. On the subject of College Dropout, Slow Jamz.. that song is great for riding into town with the girlfriend.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This must be some sort of joke. Like, it won't sound like this in the end. They'll auto-tune it or something.

It sounds like someone taped him singing in his car or shower.

Someone add a looping shower sound effect!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Oozer3993 said:
Full version is out. It's actually called Not Enough Time and was apparently recorded this year.
w1Xq9.gif

You gotta be fucking kidding me...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The fuck? Have none of you EVER heard a reference track before?

John Legend was prob supposed to go in on this.

Oozer3993

enzo_gt said:

I thought more people knew. It's just a reference track, meaning he just threw some random syllables on the beat to hear how the flow would sound. For example, check out the difference between the reference and final versions of Kanye's verse on Teairra Marie's song "Diamonds." It's a common technique in the music industry. Ryan Leslie even included a song on his debut album that was called "Gibberish" and was just a reference track.

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:

Seriously, lol @ all the comments about his singing. We all know its not good, but this is not indicative of his singings skill, or even the lack of.

Tokubetsu said:
What? IF anything, the weakest tracks on the album are Gorgeous and Devil In A New Dress and a slightly lesser extent, Power.
Gorgeous is like my favorite song on the album. I agree about Devil in a New Dress, I don't like it much either. J. Cole's version is much, much better.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Any of you know when the Katy Perry video for E.T. is coming out?

not sure if this the right place to ask this but it has Kanye so..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MidnightCowboy said:
Gorgeous is like my favorite song on the album. I agree about Devil in a New Dress, I don't like it much either. J. Cole's version is much, much better.
Power is definitely not one of the weaker tracks, its been played to death but man that's one hell of a well put together song, from the lyrics to the production. I'd say it's one of the strongest.

The weakest being Runaway, with Hell of a Life and DIAND close. All relative though, Hell of a Life is a freaking amazing song.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I would say Runaway is one of the strongest tracks. Devil in a New Dress is the worst (wish Kanye had a hand in the production).

It's the sign of a great album that everyone has different favourite/least liked tracks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Krev said:
I would say Runaway is one of the strongest tracks. Devil in a New Dress is the worst (wish Kanye had a hand in the production).

It's the sign of a great album that everyone has different favourite/least liked tracks.
Damn, I'd say Runaway is the worst track on the album by a quarter mile.

Anyways, Chris Rock talks Yeezy Taught Me:
And Mr. Rock is an ever mindful reader of the tea leaves, perhaps understanding that in order to reclaim the top he has to arrive via a different route. In this shifting landscape Mr. Rock had one very high-profile mainstream moment last year, a gloriously profane skit on “Blame Game,” from Kanye West’s album “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.”

“I did that quicker than I read scripts that they offer me money to do,” he said. “I thank him so much it probably freaks him out. Especially at this late date, to get on something, the album of the moment, that stuff is priceless, you can’t put a price tag on that.”

“I felt invigorated by it,” he said. “I’ve still got my fastball.”

Oozer3993

Kanye West is gearing up to unleash the official remix to his latest single off My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and has a few familiar names on board. Drake and Big Sean are both set to appear on the upcoming remix to "All of the Lights" with the possibility of a few more big names as well. Drake will lend a new verse to the song's remix (not the unfinished one we heard months ago) and possibly something fresh from Mr. West. Excited? You should be.

Source

It's also come out that it features Lil' Wayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom