• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kendrick Lamar's "DAMN." Album sells 610k 1st week

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Yo sorry for being dense but what does this mean:

streams count as sales (I think it's something like 1/1000) so they're saying in this day and age when people don't want to pay for shit and just stream everything people actually went out and bought this.

5mEPsC2.gif
Drake hate always finds a way.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's no Cracked Rear View in terms of sales, but I'm sure Rucker would still be happy for Kendrick doing these types of numbers in this day and age.

Rpgmonkey

Good for him. Great album.

Looks like the combination of TPAB's acclaim and the good singles/marketing really set up a perfect storm for this album.

Blader

Loved humble and dna was pretty decent too. The humble video was on some crazy tarsem Singh shit. It was excellent.

Is the rest of the album as good as the singles?
Humble and DNA are probably my least favorite tracks of the whole album.

DNA was fine dining for all of us raised on late 80s and 90s hip hop. But it was done in such a way that it was an homage that didnt feel dusty, like so many of these retro sounding tracks do.

DNA works where it's placed on the album. Humble feels like a single Kendrick just dropped into the album. It has some thematic links, but I don't think the song does itself justice

Kaizer

Banned
SZA in the back lookin all cute, if only she could see the future and learn that she'll never drop more than one album under TDE T_T

They're seriously going to lose her this year if they don't finally put out her album. I don't blame her at all for being frustrated with her situation.

XBP

Was kinda obvious when my preordered physical copy from Amazon is arriving between may 5 -20.

Kung Fu Kenny he was born with a vision.

nice, i still find it weird how he found a way in and reach the masses considering his style and type of music. where is my grinch smiley when i need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom