• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter for Project Tingler (Chuck Tingle / Zoe Quinn's FMV Dating Game) Launched

yes, thank you. what is game?
3Jt7Mik.gif
That hat swivel is amazing.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Amazon Kindle Sensation and Hugo Award Nominee Dr. Chuck Tingle (Space Raptor Butt Invasion; Slammed in the Butthole by My Concept of Linear Time; Pounded in the Butt by My Hugo Award Loss

I...

I need a minute...

WHAT

jett

D-Member
I saw this in a Vice doc before some time ago. Still super weird.

What are those books even about, besides the titles?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Not even on an ironic level does this feel remotely funny or interesting.

But best of luck with their kickstarter, I hope they reach their goal.

I...

I need a minute...

WHAT
The story behind that is both funny and sad. An alt-right campaign was attempting to influence the Hugo Awards by getting the book shortlisted as a finalist, and in response, Chuck Tingle stated that if his book did win, Zoe Quinn had agreed to accept the award on his behalf. And then he called them "devils" and made a website to promote the female writers the campaign was trying to marginalize

Zubz

Banned
I saw this in a Vice doc before some time ago. Still super weird.

What are those books even about, besides the titles?

It's pretty easy to flush out some romance novels, especially with ghostwriters. The books are presumably just cookie cutter romance novels but with the title worked in somehow.

I was probably already going to back this, but if Jim Sterling's a character, it's a definite back now.

PSqueak

Banned
I was like "who?" until they listed a few of his works, and went "ooooh! that guy!"

I hope this gets funded, should be fun.

DedValve

Banned
This will be the first game I kickstart. This is literally my dream game except better. How is that possible?

If I weren't broke I'd drop way more. But I am so. Fucking. IN.

Question about the lore: is there a buttforce similar to the speedforce where love via butts can transcend space and time?

Kind of like interstellar but with more butts.

Giolon

This thing is absolutely baffling to me but if people want it, more power to them, and I hope it succeeds for them!

Boem

This is hilarious.

The people in here acting like this is something horrible are trying too hard.

This stuff reaches Twin Peaks levels of weird/funny, although obviously with a very different tone. Absolutely love it.

what has humanity come to...

Not even on an ironic level does this feel remotely funny or interesting.

Is this a joke?

I am surprised that anyone would actually pay for this.

I don't understand the kids these days.

Wha-- I... no, but... eh? The fuck?

If this gets the money that proves that people is freakin crazy.

I dont get a single aspect of this

You guys need to lighten up.

To the people who don't get the appeal of this, that's completely fine. Absurdist homoerotic entertainment taken to the utmost extreme isn't immediately understandable for everyone.

But this shit is funny on a near-incomprehensible level.

Why is it okay to sexualize men for a video game and not women? Is it because this is aimed at a built in gay audience and sexualizing men and women is ok in that community?

Why is it okay to sexualize men for a video game and not women? Is it because this is aimed at a built in gay audience and sexualizing men and women is ok in that community?

It's because Chuck Tingle believes that Love is real and you're all wonderful buckeroos for knowing how real love is.

Top Bottom