• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
-viper- said:
What I hate about turrets and bots is that they can headshot me. It's bullshit.

Then be more careful. If I was a futuristic fighting force, I'd design my turrets to aim for the head. Its logical. If I get headshot in KZ2 its because I'm being careless.

Galvanise_ said:
Then be more careful. If I was a futuristic fighting force, I'd design my turrets to aim for the head. Its logical. If I get headshot in KZ2 its because I'm being careless.

Modern fighting forces train to shoot at the body. Aiming at head is impractical and leads to more misses, while body shots have more leeway in the case of missing and hitting another body part. It makes sense, doubt in the future this is going to change at all.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
BattleMonkey said:
Modern fighting forces train to shoot at the body. Aiming at head is impractical and leads to more misses, while body shots have more leeway in the case of missing and hitting another body part. It makes sense, doubt in the future this is going to change at all.

But wont machines be more accurate, much more?
I guess that with all their accuracy in calculating physics and everything of the enemy, bullet etc, it would be pretty easy for them to shoot in the head than its for a human.

Just played some matches and went 1st despite my team losing...>_> freaking randoms. Then Lince and Steroyd joined but by that time it was too late and I'm off to work now! Can't wait for the MP beta.

kittoo said:
But wont machines be more accurate, much more?
I guess that with all their accuracy in calculating physics and everything of the enemy, bullet etc, it would be pretty easy for them to shoot in the head than its for a human.

Yeah, these are my thoughts. Anyways, this is going off on a beautiful tangent.

Are we getting MP news at Gamescom?

X-Frame

Internet Celebrity said:
I miss your KZ2 gameplays man.

Who iz you? o_O

:D

And I haven't been making KZ2 videos because my KZ2 is lagging for me. Did you see this video of mine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-aYyDdao7k

That's what I get every 5 minutes. KZ2 is unplayable for me. Not for my brother, not for me if I sign onto my name on his PS3 .. my 360 is fine .. all other PS3 online games (MW2, MAG, Warhawk, etc.) are fine.

Just KZ2. And it sucks because I want to play. :(

Ninja-Matic said:
It increased accuracy as well as just crouching in KZ2. ADS is a jump in accuracy for sure :|

Therefore, KZ2 is an example. :|

Still - the highest accuracy during firing of any kind was achieved by short bursts vs spraying all over the place.
While I appreciate that ADS increased accuracy, the game encourages you NOT to use the sights. Why do you think it's so difficult to track a moving target when scoped in?

I remember passing entire MP matches without using the sights even once.

X-Frame said:
Who iz you? o_O
Just another prick on the internet. Had you on my friends list for a while, but I think you deleted me because I haven't been online for a few weeks. I've also posted a couple of KZ2 gameplays, but they didn't get too much attention because of the shitty quality. :lol

I've never seen your issue with lag on KZ2 before. I'm sure someone around here might be able to get to the bottom of it.

That's what I liked about Killzone 2. It didn't force you to use the sights. I hate games that forces you to use the sights (Call of Duty). I like BFBC2 take on it because you can use the crosshairs upclose and still be accurate but mid to long range you use the sights.

Internet Celebrity said:
While I appreciate that ADS increased accuracy, the game encourages you NOT to use the sights. Why do you think it's so difficult to track a moving target when scoped in?

ADS was for long range and precision shots, which most KZ2 maps didn't need the former in it. I could go all day on Radec/ Tharsis/ Cruiser ets etc and never need it. On the longer maps to hit snipers or long you do need it. IMO it is the the balance between ADS and "hip fire (really it is more close to shoulder firing)."

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SolidSnakex said:
More like people don't like to give credit to racing games in that area. Nothing touches GT5 from a tech POV of the PS3.

It's ridiculous how good it looks considering the game is 60fps.

Man

-NinjaBoiX- said:
How will this game look in 3D? Half as good?
No other graphical effect in the world compares to adding another dimension. Totally changes the ball game.
But I'm assuming you mean what they are toning down to be able to run it in 3D. Very likely it's not running in HD resolution. Some very good news though is that the 3D mode runs at 60fps.

edit: Oh shi.. not in the GT5 thread. KZ3 definitely does not run in 60fps when in 3D.

-viper-

Banned
nib95 said:
Good list. Decent mix of both technical wizardry and artistic integrity. Surprised GT5 didn't make it but ahh wel. The visuals are a touch inconsistent with GT, namely with backgrounds not matching the quality of the vehicles. But I've always thought the lighting made up for that.
I think they've fixed that now. The tracks in GT5 looks now look amazing.

Dubbedinenglish said:
ADS was for long range and precision shots, which most KZ2 maps didn't need the former in it. I could go all day on Radec/ Tharsis/ Cruiser ets etc and never need it. On the longer maps to hit snipers or long you do need it. IMO it is the the balance between ADS and "hip fire (really it is more close to shoulder firing)."
Such situations very rarely arose for me - I always tried to ensure that I was located where the action was concentrated. I can only recall needing to use the sights like this on PR, SM and (rarely) on HI. I guess it partially comes down to playstyle.

Also, I remember playing with you and some other GAFe guys on Blood Gracht once.

X-Frame

Internet Celebrity said:
Just another prick on the internet. Had you on my friends list for a while, but I think you deleted me because I haven't been online for a few weeks. I've also posted a couple of KZ2 gameplays, but they didn't get too much attention because of the shitty quality. :lol

I've never seen your issue with lag on KZ2 before. I'm sure someone around here might be able to get to the bottom of it.

Lol. You don't seem like a prick. ;)

Sorry if I deleted you .. sometimes I do some cleaning if people are either inactive for more like than 30 days or I need some room.

Yeah, let's hope someone can help me out with my lag in KZ2. Really frustrating.

hteng

Banned
i want more variety in weapons, in multiplayer as well, not just one single assault rifle that gets everything done.

JB1981

CrushDance said:
Just played some matches and went 1st despite my team losing...>_> freaking randoms. Then Lince and Steroyd joined but by that time it was too late and I'm off to work now! Can't wait for the MP beta.

I played yesterday too. Horrible server selection. Worldwide games are laggy as fuck. Hate that there isn't standardized matchmaking. Killed the longevity of the MP for me.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wax Free Vanilla said:
i did and guerrilla shafted the southpaws :(

hold zoom on l1 please

I wonder why there isn't a southpaw controller... like... with the d-pad and buttons reversed. Wouldn't that avoid any special programing or forethought from devs, and everything would just work normally?

Am I dumb, or wouldn't that resolve nearly every problem lefties have?

Just flip everything on the controller.

Internet Celebrity said:

I never said it was an ADS game or encouraged you to use anything. o_O

I simply stated that ADS does increase accuracy and I prefer ads on L1 instead of R3 when I do use it. I talked about control schemes and my personal opinion. I made a statement saying when ADS increases accuracy - I throw it on L1. You stated KZ2 is not an example of ADS increasing accuracy.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21970892&postcount=5545

Now you're agreeing that it does increase accuracy.

Or am I completely misunderstanding you because you said 2 different things about the same topic? Or are you meaning to say something else entirely?

T'Zariah

Banned
Ninja-Matic said:
No, dad. Rather, laughing my ass off at everyone's lack of basic english, hahahah! :lol :lol :lol :lol
I hope you realize that everyone's 'lack of basic English' is purposeful...right?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Okay, gentlemen, let's stop calling each other son and daughter or what have you and go back to the game. Calm down a bit...no need to be angry, everyone is obviously a big KZ fan.

KEV SAY RELAX

methos75

Banned
BattleMonkey said:

That isn't true, we are trained too shoot at the head and body, simple formula is two body shots nd one head shot per subject. If we are trained like this in the USAF, I would imagine the Army and M<arines teach it also.

KZObsessed

A very excited impressions of KZ3 from Destructoid. No new info but full of praise.

Knowing Killzone 3, the sequel to my favorite shooter of 2009, was on the cards, I spent the last of my energy reserves getting there. I think it was worth it.

Okay, so the jetpack? Badass. Easy to use and designed to make you feel like the death-dealing beast you are, Killzone 3's jetpack is awesome. I love the way it envelops the player like a big metal claw, and comes equipped with a machine gun that cooks fools in seconds. The level I played was well designed, crafted superbly to give the jetpack time to shine without feeling like a mess of shoddy first-person platforming.

Wearing a jetpack is awesome, but fighting Helghast who also have them is even cooler, because when you shoot them, they spiral out of control and hit the ground in an explosion. The general gritty, intense, orange-eyed action of the Killzone series has been preserved, and it looks like Killzone 3 is set to become yet another awesome PlayStation 3 experience when it hits next February.

Killzone 3 has jetpacks. Killzone 3 is badass. You cannot argue with this.

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-jimpressions-of-killzone-3-omg-jetpacks--177022.phtml

Some really awful IGN quality videos here:
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14324403/killzone-/videos/e310_killzone3_gmp_chaingun_061510.html

This one you can see the M82 reflex sight, definitely looks more accurate, the dot doesn't jump around as much (difficult to see it tho), but there's still some decent recoil there.
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/1...os/e310_killzone3_gmp_reflexsight_061510.html

Terrible quality footage but I'm just gathering up the scraps until August 18th where hopefully we'll get some MP info. We should do. Don't see when else they'll announce it with the launch in February. TGS wouldn't really make sense.

T'Zariah

Banned
KZObsessed said:
A very excited impressions of KZ3 from Destructoid. No new info but full of praise.

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-re...-with-god-of-war-ghost-of-sparta-176976.phtml

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14324403/killzone-/videos/e310_killzone3_gmp_chaingun_061510.html

Thi one you can see the M82 sight, definitely looks more accurate, the dot doesn't jump around as much (difficult to see it tho), but there's still some decent recoil there.
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/1...os/e310_killzone3_gmp_reflexsight_061510.html

Terrible quality footage but I'm just gathering up the scraps until August 18th where hopefully we'll get some MP info. We should do. Don't see when else they'll announce with the launch in February. TGS wouldn't really make sense.
Your destructoid link actually links to GOW: Ghosts of Sparta. :lol :lol :lol

-viper-

Banned
KZObsessed said:

http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-jimpressions-of-killzone-3-omg-jetpacks--177022.phtml

This one you can see the M82 reflex sight, definitely looks more accurate, the dot doesn't jump around as much (difficult to see it tho), but there's still some decent recoil there.

Terrible quality footage but I'm just gathering up the scraps until August 18th where hopefully we'll get some MP info. We should do. Don't see when else they'll announce it with the launch in February. TGS wouldn't really make sense.
:eek:

Massa

SolidSnakex said:
More like people don't like to give credit to racing games in that area. Nothing touches GT5 from a tech POV of the PS3.

Are there any direct feed gameplay videos to show that? The GT5 demo that I played was easily below the top PS3 games imo.

Massa said:
Are there any direct feed gameplay videos to show that? The GT5 demo that I played was easily below the top PS3 games imo.

Was that demo the Time Trial? Not only did that track not look as good as any of the Prologue tracks but they've significantly upgraded the visuals across the board since then.

ZeroRay

Hydrargyrus said:
So KZ3 starts in the stairs where KZ2 ends, isn't it? wow. I suppose that I should play KZ2 again, before KZ3 will be released.

I like his face when he ask him about the coop mode. For me, it's something I don't care about, but it's +0'5 on metacritic... sigh

Co-op most likely is coming. What I want to know is how the competitive MP will work. My main complaint was the SnD matches turning into clusterfucks with spawn grenades, the Assault class and explosive weapons. Minus those, the game was bearable even with 32 players.

It's obvious it's the same info they have been giving us before. Trying to stop giving us so much info like GG have done before, which some people feels like they were spoiled before playing the game.

ZeroRay

Sentry said:
Some very unfortunate lines said there.. I still have hope, but it's fading.

Depends, how they define "accessible". If it is making mechanics easier to use while keeping the same difficulty of the previous games, I have no problem with that. Just keep the recoil and have each weapon feel unique and balanced and I'm good.

Seems like GG is the kind of dev that loves some hardcore old school design as evidenced by KZ2, so I have faith in them turning out another frustratingly amazing game.

noah111

Still Alive
ZeroRay said:
Depends, how they define "accessible". If it is making mechanics easier to use while keeping the same difficulty of the previous games, I have no problem with that. Just keep the recoil and have each weapon feel unique and balanced and I'm good.

Seems like GG is the kind of dev that loves some hardcore old school design as evidenced by KZ2, so I have faith in them turning out another frustratingly amazing game.
I defiine 'accessible' by him saying the guns aren't weighty anymore, which simply sucks. Obviously i'll need to try it out for myself, but it's not looking very good at this point.

We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom