• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vinci said:
So not only are we looking forward to months of KZ3 gifs, you want them to make the things shake spastically and give people seizures?

GAF's gonna be fun after E3 this year.

yep.

there already is the 3DS trainwreck thread for shit like that.

Vinci

Danish
To be honest, I was a bit sceptical but KZ3 looks phenomenal in 3D, the explosions, the rain and the snow seem to be so real, that hollywood blockbusters like Avatar pale in comparison.

Someone gets a bonus for each sentence of gross exaggeration.

Sin

Randy said:
Only playable in 3D? Or can we just "switch on" the normal modus? Bit sensitive here about the whole 3D-uprising. It's causing me nothing but headaches...

Oh you... :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
soundahfekz said:
99 replies, 100 views.

Who was the motherfucker who wasn't excited about this?

It was me... sorry. :lol

I'm excited though.

Gomu Gomu

Green Scar said:
qOgQW.png
:lol :lol

Cday

Banned
PSU said:
I can't say anything about the controls, because Sony didn't show anything about them

Which means they're going to be as unwieldy as they were in Killzone 2. Hopefully they do something about the overuse of blur so I can tell what I'm trying to aim at while I'm wrestling with the controls.

Vinci

Danish
°°ToMmY°° said:
yep.

there already is the 3DS trainwreck thread for shit like that.

The one positive aspect to that thread and the shaking gifs is that they have been kept in that thread. I doubt the KZ3 shaky gifs would be so localized.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm not sure why the 3D/Avatar comment is so outrageous.

I've seen a lot of people say in impressions on nVidia's 3D and the Sony 3D demos that the 3D implementation in games looks a lot better to them than movie 3D.

Doesn't mean the games' graphics themselves are better than movie CG, but that the 3D implementation is more impressive to them. I've seen lots say that.

Nizz

I'm always worried about how this new push for 3d in games will affect performance. I'd rather have a guaranteed rock solid 30fps from a Killzone game than risk the framerate for a novelty I'm not sold on yet.

Screen looks good, if that's in-game than holy shit! I like the parkas on the Helghast troops. Can't wait to see this bad boy in motion.

Muffdraul

Cday said:
Which means they're going to be as unwieldy as they were in Killzone 2. Hopefully they do something about the overuse of blur so I can tell what I'm trying to aim at while I'm wrestling with the controls.

Yeah, I'm sure Sony/Guerilla have completely forgotten about the crybaby supermegashitstorm that erupted over KZ2's controls when it was released.

Wazzim

Banned
Could be Killzone Liberation 2, it was mentioned for a 2011 release in a dutch magazine when K2 came out, I have a copy myself.

Clinton514

Don't know what to think just yet especially from certain folks known to create fiction for hits.

A new Killzone PSP game would be nice, though.

gofreak said:
I'm not sure why the 3D/Avatar comment is so outrageous.

I've seen a lot of people say in impressions on nVidia's 3D and the Sony 3D demos that the 3D implementation in games looks a lot better to them than movie 3D.

Doesn't mean the games' graphics themselves are better than movie CG, but that the 3D implementation is more impressive to them. I've seen lots say that.

it probably has to do with the fact that if the game is indeed outputting at 60fps (30 per eye), it looks a lot smoother than the 24fps of Avatar.

IQ will definitely be worse, no question about that, but if the framerate is much higher, especially compared to the low one in avatar, it really gets noticeable.

Vinci

Danish
jamaniek said:
2rojhwx111.jpg

Is that snow?! o_O

That's the PAS, Perimeter Assault System. It allows for those small crystals to attach to enemy units and glow in the dark. I'm assuming there's a base somewhere in which these Helghast will be slaughtered using PAS as an identification system in low-light areas.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
purple cobra said:
I'm always worried about how this new push for 3d in games will affect performance. I'd rather have a guaranteed rock solid 30fps from a Killzone game than risk the framerate for a novelty I'm not sold on yet.

Screen looks good, if that's in-game than holy shit! I like the parkas on the Helghast troops. Can't wait to see this bad boy in motion.
No doubt in my mind that's in-game or at least in-game assets.

°°ToMmY°° said:
it probably has to do with the fact that if the game is indeed outputting at 60fps (30 per eye), it looks a lot smoother than the 24fps of Avatar.

IQ will definitely be worse, no question about that, but if the framerate is much higher, especially compared to the low one in avatar, it really gets noticeable.

If they switch from Quincunx to MLAA the IQ drop will be drastically lower than the regular 2D --> 3D ports.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
°°ToMmY°° said:

It's not the only (potential) advantage of 3D on smaller home screens vs big cinema screens. There's other consequences of screen size on other things...there's a Sony presentation floating around from some 3D event a little while back that did a good job of really going through the whole thing, the plusses and minuses of 3D in general and things that differ with typical home setups vs the cinema.

Just generally though, in terms of peoples' impressions around the web...I've seen a lot of sentiment along the lines of 'f- movies, games will be 3D's killer app'.

Anyway, we shall see if these impressions are genuine or just makey-uppy. If KZ3 is to have 3D support, though, snow does seem like a good choice for an effect. An easy crowd pleaser :p

Reckoner

alr1ghtstart said:
world exclusive first KZ3 gif
Oh god, thought the snow would be moving like the soldiers in Super Awesome Graphically Stuning Slow Motion™!

That's faster than I was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom