• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 (3D), screenshots, video, info BLOWOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man

miladesn said:
2 stereoscopic 3D glasses bundled? it's a bit expensive, isn't it?
Disregarding that the person is a fake ('Arc'? March 13th... a Sunday?)

Including Red and Blue cardboard glasses would be a *brilliant* move by Sony.

You know Nvidia and 3D Vision?

21082806.jpg

Nvidia-3D-Vision-Discover.jpg

This is how they give audiences a small taster, included with new GPU's (Red & Blue glasses work on any monitor).
With that small taster people get interested and buy into proper 3D tech.

Zen

Banned
If that potentially bogus guys testament from PSU is legit, do the 3D glasses that it's coming with mean that I might not have to have a 3D compatible HD TV?

Y2Kev said:
yeah ok

console game shows up 200mm movie

In presenting 3D effects? Probably.

Clinton514 said:
Don't know what to think just yet especially from certain folks known to create fiction for hits.

The chances of this being fake and near zero. You can't just fake all of those unique assets so easily. It reminds me of when people were speculating that leaked MGS3 footage might be a fan made prank.

Pooya

Gomu Gomu said:
Can someone copy what's on that PSU link? I can't enter it.
there.
"2 days ago I was able to play Killzone 3 behind closed doors in Amsterdam and have to say that it looks crazy.

The graphics are still based on the same engine as its predecessor, but was immensely improved.
While the playable areas of the second part of the series were pretty linear, we can assume that there will be wider areas like those of Battlefield BC 2.
What impressed me the most in the 30 minutes were the snow effects. It just looks fantastic how the snow lays down on the weapon and melts when shooting - and all that in 3D!
To be honest, I was a bit sceptical but KZ3 looks phenomenal in 3D, the explosions, the rain and the snow seem to be so real, that hollywood blockbusters like Avatar pale in comparison.
According to Guerilla each exemplar will be shipped with 2 killzone-styled 3D glasses.
I can't say anything about the controls, because Sony didn't show anything about them, but KZ3 is targeted to be played with a generic controller or the Arc.

P.s. You should all mark your calendars for March 13th"

Vinci

Danish
gofreak said:
Anyway, we shall see if these impressions are genuine or just makey-uppy. If KZ3 is to have 3D support, though, snow does seem like a good choice for an effect. An easy crowd pleaser :p

My vote for now. Of course I'll lose no matter what. If I'm proven wrong... I might have to get a 3D TV.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I NEED SCISSORS said:
They give them away for nothing at movie theatres, so I don't see why not. 3D will sell consoles.

They're passive - cheap. The TV ones are active, have batteries in them and things, and so are a bit more expensive (as in... $100 or more per pair). That makes me wonder about that post...if he means the game ('exemplar' ?) would ship with two pairs of glasses, then that's puts a big question mark over the truthiness of his claims generally.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Zen said:
"2 days ago I was able to play Killzone 3 behind closed doors in Amsterdam and have to say that it looks crazy.

The graphics are still based on the same engine as its predecessor, but was immensely improved.
While the playable areas of the second part of the series were pretty linear, we can assume that there will be wider areas like those of Battlefield BC 2.
What impressed me the most in the 30 minutes were the snow effects. It just looks fantastic how the snow lays down on the weapon and melts when shooting - and all that in 3D!
To be honest, I was a bit sceptical but KZ3 looks phenomenal in 3D, the explosions, the rain and the snow seem to be so real, that hollywood blockbusters like Avatar pale in comparison.
According to Guerilla each exemplar will be shipped with 2 killzone-styled 3D glasses.
I can't say anything about the controls, because Sony didn't show anything about them, but KZ3 is targeted to be played with a generic controller or the Arc.

P.s. You should all mark your calendars for March 13th"
From PSU http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4992967#post4992967
hype +10000000000

time to save up for that 3d tv.

Pooya

Man said:
Disregarding that the person is a fake ('Arc'? March 13th... a Sunday?)

Including Red and Blue glasses would be a *brilliant* move by Sony.

You know Nvidia and 3D Vision?

21082806.jpg

Nvidia-3D-Vision-Discover.jpg

This is how they give audiences a small taster, included with new GPU's (Red & Blue glasses work on any monitor).
yep, sounds fake to me, they won't bundle anaglyph glasses to showcase 3D on PS3, makes no sense. you don't need a 3DTV for anaglyph 3D .
Active glasses cost around 150-200$ IIRC.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Can someone confirm if the poster who posted this 'report' is actually the first person to leak that screenshort, or is he just some randomner who came along after the fact?

If the latter, I mean...he probably just saw the screen and made something up...

gofreak said:
Can someone confirm if the poster who posted this 'report' is actually the first person to leak that screenshort, or is he just some randomner who came along after the fact?

If the latter, I mean...he probably just saw the screen and made something up...

The post was made weeks before this leaked. The March 13th referred to March 13th 2010 when something was meant to be revealed about this game. It wasn't.

Not sure whats going on with the glasses comment though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Man said:
The original image leaked on a finnish forum. Unrelated to the PSU poster I believe.

http://www.konsolifin.net/bbs/yleis...leista/83927-killzone-3-hype.html#post1094253

K, thanks. For now I'm gonna go with "believe the screenshot, not so much the post".

Galvanise_ said:
The post was made weeks before this leaked. The March 13th referred to March 13th 2010 when something was meant to be revealed about this game. It wasn't.

Not sure whats going on with the glasses comment though.

Oh.

I see. That makes things a little more complicated/interesting. I guess the snow reference might have been a fluke.. :)

Not a Jellyfish said:
So the PSU guy says he got to "play" it but then says he cannot comment on the controls because Sony didn't show anything for them?

wat?

Maybe he means with regards to Move, how they'd work in an FPS etc. I'm a moderator on PSU and as you can see by the posts after, people were skeptical.

Man

Galvanise_ said:
Okay, PSU comment might not be BS after all... Controller was also rumored to be named Arc at that time.

Nizz

DieH@rd said:
Jump in.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2le6u54.gif[img][/QUOTE]
:lol :lol :lol

[QUOTE=Kaako]Is the PSU info legit? Confirm or deny GG devs...I know you're reading this.[/QUOTE]
I doubt they'd be able to say anything anyway. ;)

Pooya

gofreak said:
K, thanks. For now I'm gonna go with "believe the screenshot, not so much the post".

Oh.
I see. That makes things a little more complicated/interesting. I guess the snow reference might have been a fluke.. :)
the post is probably fake or KZ3 is anaglyph 3D which I'm sure it won't be. He got the snow part right accidentally probably:lol .

What's with Sony and all the E3 leaks? Are we gonna have a repeat of last year? You know Jack Tretton can't use that joke again.

Also, don't understand why so many people are saying it's concept art, doesn't look like concept art at all, you can clearly see polygons everywhere.

Furoba

Nuclear winter? :eek:

Other planet?

I'd love to see some kind of AT-AT Walkers in the snow, but with gatling guns instead of lasers. :D

Mikey Jr.

So wait, their supporting move and classic controller? OK, for SP thats ok, but for MP? That doesnt really seem fair.....

Man

miladesn said:
the post is probably fake or KZ3 is anaglyph 3D which I don't buy it so the post is fake.
Umm... if a game supports stereoscopic 3D it is nothing to have it show in anaglyph 3D as well.

Nakazato said:
This would be awesome but I can't finish KZ2 thanks to a glitch :(

What glitch? I never read anything about a gamebraking glitch in KZ2.

Mikey Jr. said:
So wait, their supporting move and classic controller? OK, for SP thats ok, but for MP? That doesnt really seem fair.....

We'll see what Zipper does with SOCOM 4. Guerrilla will probably follow.

Mikey Jr. said:

They might do Move only servers, and DS only servers. They might even do mixtures for the DS people to get owned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom