• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters XIV Full Roster Leak (with character pics)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
According to the rumor, the final boss can access alternate worlds and timelines, and that's why Nakoruru's team in in the game (presumably to be able return hope, I guess).

The "new" girl, Alice, was only ever available in Japan-only stuff like mobile games (at least one of the Days of Memories dating sims and a card game) and pachinko.
Thanks for the rundown. 👍🏻

Perro

According to the rumor, the final boss can access alternate worlds and timelines, and that's why Nakoruru's team in in the game (presumably to be able return hope, I guess).

The "new" girl, Alice, was only ever available in Japan-only stuff like mobile games (at least one of the Days of Memories dating sims and a card game) and pachinko.
I don't care about any of those characters :/ I hope for the next game they make a team with cool characters from Last Blade, Metal Slug and Savage Reing.
They could also bring back characters from the dead.

Neoxon

A new trailer is out.
SNK Playmore said:
SNK is proud to release today its latest teaser trailer for the PlayStation®4 exclusive title “THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV”, confirming the return of fan favorite characters “Kim” and “Vice”, and reveals the new characters “Sylvie Paula Paula”, a mysterious pretty little girl who masters electromagnetic powers. Please stay tuned for more “KOF XIV” exciting news and characters reveals in the weeks to come!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Vice looks so Maniacal! Sylvie... Ok, cool, I'll take Canon Mignon Beret! *ahem*

Kim actually has some cloth Physics on those baggy pants of his.

STAGES WITH PEOPLE! I think I see a remake of the KoF 96 stage in there, hehe.

*Rewatchathon begins*

BadWolf

Vice looks fantastic, great design refresh and her face looks nice.

Kim looks... young?

Sylvie's design is definitely unexpected lol.

Neoxon

Kim looks... young?

I was thinking the same thing. Though the same could be said of Kyo in terms of characters looking younger than they did in previous iterations.

Kim looks... young?

Kim, in terms of the age he is supposed to be always confuses the hell about me. Mentions his sons in KoF 13 and looked older in that game lol.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I actually like the fact that I feel like I'm looking at a guy out a K-Drama when looking at Kim. He always felt a bit too much like a normal American to me before, but now he actually feels more Korean.

Oh, and I get a feeling of "Different Seiyuu's all over" here.

Sylvie's emotions looks quite well done. You can tell she's a character the new team is putting passion into, and feel natural creating.

*Rewatchathon continues*

Another random English VA at the beginning. Hmmmm...

Agreed
Kill it with fire now
Even mignon looked better than
That

Also does terry ask if u r ok? At work somhad to watch mute :x

She reminds me of Mignon too. Like a mix of her and Momoko. Gameplay for her looks neat. We'll see.

Also yes, Terry asks "Are you okay" it's really quick and quiet. He doesn't yell out BUSTA WOLF either.

Neoxon

Another random English VA at the beginning. Hmmmm...
I think it's one of the two announcers in the actual game. As much as I'd love English voice acting, I'm not sure if we'll get any. At the very least, I would have loved to have the characters speak their native language.

OmegaDL50

Up to the 8th trailer already.

I wonder if they plan to do 14 trailers in all, ya know, 14 for KOF '14

In any case. Sylvie's portrait matches her character face.

I guess this pretty much confirms that roster image as not being fake.

BadWolf

The KOF96-like stage features different times of day, wonder if that will extend to other stages as well.

You... you could be on to something.

Neoxon

I'm now gonna be disappointed if that isn't the case. Excellent observation, Omega.

TreIII

I like the way you think.

But yeah...any doubts about the leaks should be dispelled, by now. Vice's outfit, the new girl, everything has matched up so far to what has been out there for almost a year.

And yet, even in spite of the "surprise" value being diminished somewhat, my utter WANT for this game has only risen significantly from this trailer.

BadWolf

Say what you will about her design but Sylvie's gameplay at least looks very promising.

With her design (and what we know of the rest of the roster) it definitely feels like SNK is trying to expand the scope of the kind of characters that can appear in the series. Hopefully this attracts new crowds.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
The good news is it literally cant get worst than Sylvie after this(barring, say, the brazil ninja being a comedic character).

I don't get what's so wrong with Sylvie? I see a lot of people complaining but I don't understand what people find so objectionable(?) or bad about her.

BadWolf

I don't get what's so wrong with Sylvie? I see a lot of people complaining but I don't understand what people find so objectionable(?) or bad about her.

Much like with Lucky Chloe from Tekken, a lot of people just don't like that character type in general.

I don't see what's the problem with Sylvie's design, it seems to greatly compliment everything SNK wants out the character. I think the large amount of accessories in her outfit will make her stand out from Athena who is rumored to be sporting her school girl uniform again

joe2187

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg
What the fuck is that....what the fuck is it.

why is it? Why?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Maybe they just don't like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

SNK's not even hiding that she's an expy of her, are they? "Sylvie Paula Paula" is so blatant.

Much like with Lucky Chloe from Tekken, a lot of people just don't like that character type in general.

But... why? I don't get what's wrong about that type of character? What is it about these types of characters that they don't like?

What the fuck is that....what the fuck is it.

why is it? Why?

See, this is the type of thing I don't get. Can you tell me what you dislike about this character?

OmegaDL50

It's not like SNK hasn't done the wacky and over the top character archetype before anyways.

Look at Duck King for example, with the baggy overly bright colored clothes, the mohawk dyed half blue and that flamboyant hybrid fighting style between break dancing and street fighting.

Sylvie is definitely one of the more colorful designs, but I've seen far worse out there.

Like Kusaregedo from Samurai Shodown V for example.

BadWolf

Iirc Kim is the first character so far that has received zero changes to his design, and his portrait in the leak showed as much.

I now dread the Ryo and Yuri reveals -_-

And they seriously need to get the whole team together and work on Kyo's face and hair. He's improving but still has a long way to go. He's the poster boy and appears in pretty much every trailer so the sooner they fix him the better.

It's not like SNK hasn't done the wacky and over the top character archetype before anyways.

Look at Duck King for example, with the baggy overly bright colored clothes, the mohawk dyed half blue and that flamboyant hybrid fighting style between break dancing and street fighting.

Sylvie is definitely one of the more colorful designs, but I've seen far worse out there.

Like Kusaregedo from Samurai Shodown V for example.

That's true but Sylvie/Chloe's archetype in particular doesn't sit well with a lot of people, the western audience especially.

I don't hate the character but can easily see why someone wouldn't be fond of that design.

TreIII

I'm honestly not that much of a fan, and don't profess to care about KLK that much. But honestly? If she turns out to be a fun character to play, then maybe I may change my opinion.

As far as "little girls" in KOF goes, I'll at least say I like her more than Momoko.

Tizoc

I'm honestly not that much of a fan, and don't profess to care about KLK that much. But honestly? If she turns out to be a fun character to play, then maybe I may change my opinion.

As far as "little girls" in KOF goes, I'll at least say I like her more than Momoko.
We are no longer friends

TreIII

Can't speak for the gameplay since we haven't seen much of Sylvie yet but from a design standpoint at least I have to disagree.

We are no longer friends

Sorry~! But I still think inventing a new Capoeira user who's not even tangentially related to Richard or Bob was a bad idea. Not to mention they quickly jettisoned her and bought Chin back for XII/XIII. So much for the whole "Neo Psycho Soldiers" thing.

I still love you, though, Tizoc~!

Fandangox

See, this is the type of thing I don't get. Can you tell me what you dislike about this character?

Everything. There's way too fucking much going on this design.

Let's break it down.

maxresdefault.jpg

The giant eyes.

The giant gloves with the Wilma bracelets on the gloves (shouldn't they be on her arms)

The huge bow on her head.

Her hairstyle

kbo5K5v.png

The huge skirt with the star decals.

Clown shoes-heel combo.

Stripped socks.

On top of that her midriff is exposed which looks dumb with how over the top her clothes are.

Each of those things are like unique elements that you could use one or two max on a different character to make them stand out a bit better and make them unique, except they threw all that shit into mixer with a single character and looks dumb as hell.

Not to mention we can already tell she will have an obnoxious personality with her BEEP intro.

Top Bottom