• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koshien 2015 | Japan National High School Baseball Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monumma

The goroshigeno guy said yesterday's schools played ama-chan. Until I hear it today i will not recognize any band.

Last inning.

the 2 out bunt. of course.

Kawl_USC

Just tuning in to this. I take it from the thread there has been one or two bunts? Cause that 2 out bunt was gutsy as hell.

Beckx

Great game that time.

Don't fault Hanamaki Higashi (other than that string of errors), give Senshu Matsudo credit for keeping it close. Never gave up, took risks to get the tying runner on base.

Great start to the night. Kokoyakyu.

Monumma

So now we've got what, about 30 minutes until the next game?

Pretty much.

How strong is the Hiroshima district? Should I get hyped by this:

about Hori Mizuki said:
Regional tournament: tossed five complete games (forty-one innings) and gave up just three runs in the last five games of the tournament.

I will always root for anyone that's not a third year, anyway.

edit: second game starting now.

Monumma

2 run scored, let's see if kasumigaura can match them. In the first inning Hori Mizuki didn't seem that great so they may have a shot. Maybe it really was weak opponents in Hiroshima.

(and while i write this 1-2-3 inning, of course)

Monumma

They just scored with a man on third without squeezing, doing that 2 time in a row would have been strange.

Another man reaches home, 4-2.

Alright, here it is. Kasumigaura's last chance, same as the last game.

edit: Hiroshima has the upper hand...would take a miracle for Kasu to pull it off in the last of the last.

edit 2: THIS IS IT

Monumma

Hori takes the mound for the last inning.

first and second, 1 out.
second and third, 2 out.
good hit by Shimizu that falls in the CF glove.
4-2, nice game.

Now another 2nd year pitcher starting for Naruto against Yamamoto Musashi (Regional tournament: .500, 6 RBI, 1 HR).

Kawl_USC

I've seen enough Ace of the Diamond to know how this is going to end.

Was really hoping that ball would get out of the park.

Monumma

Third game starting now.

edit: I guess the second year that yakyubaka listed, Nakayama Terukazu, does not start.
Kawano Ryuusei is starting and wearing #1.

Monumma

i'm utterly clueless about baseball, what happens if it's tied by the end of the 9th?

They go on until one team has scored more runs at the end of an inning (not the half-inning).

I think this tournament has a 15inning rule, after that the game is over and played again the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom