• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last of us remastered coming out next week?

I think it'll do better than that. This is targeting a lot of former Xbox owners who are just now converting to PS4 and thus didn't have a chance to play this last gen. Add in the hype around the game and I can see it doing very well.

This! I`ve had a 360 before and always wanted to play the last of us. Finally i will :D

Uncharted 1-3, Beyond:Two souls and Heavy Rain would be nice aswell^^

i realize it's just a video game but could the dope who mis-tweeted that get fired?

sure. If he wasnt allowed to speak about it and still did that would be a reason to fire somebody!

Pimpwerx

why isn't the digital pre-order for this available in the uk psn store yet?
There's no tlou preorder at all? We've had it on the US store since the teaser. The date has always read end of the year. This would be a clusterfuck of a surprise release. PEACE.

Andrew.

Banned
uuoscXL.png

4f5iKRT.gif

RetroStu

Banned
To be fair, that tweet just sounds like damage control now. I bet the game is still coming, well unless Sony delays it now because they have been rumbled.

TalonJH

Would be cool if the special gift to people at the E3 theater events was a copy of TLoU but I wont get my hopes up.

Ploid 3.0

- 1080p60 [targeted]
- all FMV cinematics re-rendered to be 1080p60
- better textures, lightning, particles, LODs
- all high-end assets they created for cinematic [including charachter models], random production stages, everything will be crammed into the game

It will look and feel way better than PS3 version [which often knew to drop below 30 in larger fights].

Wasn't it believed that TLOU was coming to PS4 all along, before it launched on PS4? Sort of like how it's believed that GT6 must come to PS4 in some form, and how Forza Horizon 2 is cross gen from the start since the console is already out.

Looking at that list makes me think this was all a part of the plan, like Polyphony prepping for future generation hardware with their car models in GT5.

Vizzeh

Banned
One thing I did notice from the recent Naughty dog interview, they did use past-tense to describe porting TLoU. Which led me to believe its finished or near finished.

"CB: [As] tech guys, it's cool we just got a new toy. It's really fun to explore all the new things we can do. Even just porting the remastered version of The Last of Us to PS4 was actually a very exciting challenge. You learn new tricks that you can do with that platform and it's exciting. I'm really happy with seeing how people are re-energized by everything that's happening in these two productions - that's awesome. It's a lot of hard work, and their ambition level is really high and I love seeing that."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...naughty-dog-uncharted-and-the-last-of-us.aspx

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Wasn't it believed that TLOU was coming to PS4 all along, before it launched on PS4? Sort of like how it's believed that GT6 must come to PS4 in some form, and how Forza Horizon 2 is cross gen from the start since the console is already out.

Looking at that list makes me think this was all a part of the plan, like Polyphony prepping for future generation hardware with their car models in GT5.

Yeah insiders on GAF started saying stuff about it like a week before PS3 release so I held out. The wonky framerate on the PS3 helped me not dip in early after release too.

DieH@rd

Banned

Yes we all believed it will come out on PS4 eventually, but ND was focused only on PS3 version. They pushed the PS3 to the max, and they did not think much about PS4. Read Edge Online article about that porting process.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I don't believe this ... I could believe this ... I think I believe this ... I believe this ... it's happening isn't it ... perhaps I no longer believe this ... I can't believe this ... It's not happening is it ... OR IS IT!? ... I musn't believe this, I shouldn't believe this ... I want to believe this ... It hurts to believe this ... NOPE, It's still definitely happening.

I knew it. There was no the way The Last of Fucking Us on the PS4 was going to be on shelves so unceremoniously. Naughty Dog are too big these days for such a stealth release, even if it's a mere remaster.

I seriously don't find the retraction tweet surprising. Even if it's true, they're going to put that tweet out.

Autofokus

I knew it. There was no the way The Last of Fucking Us on the PS4 was going to be on shelves so unceremoniously. Naughty Dog are too big these days for such a stealth release, even if it's a mere remaster.

Never witnessed the release of an iPhone? Works pretty good for Apple. :)

They posted an off-screen photo of the damn ad for it with the release date clearly on it!

RedAssedApe

Banned
There's no tlou preorder at all? We've had it on the US store since the teaser. The date has always read end of the year. This would be a clusterfuck of a surprise release. PEACE.

just out of curiosity why do you add PEACE at the end of every post. inquiring minds want to know

Top Bottom