• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

I'd start with a free weekend. Ofcourse that will get ridiculed too "lmao they are desperate!!!" it will be unfortunate, but I can't see any reason to not do free weekend quickly. I have few friends who would definitely try it out (if the timing is right for them). And few have already said that they would pick the game up from a sale. Going entirely f2p so fast would be a blow to some of the players who have paid for the game. I'd be fine with it surely, but it can give a lot of negative press and word of mouth.

Yea, now before the onslaught that is Destiny 2 is probably the best time. The longer they wait to experiment with a free weekend and the harder it will be IMO. I don't want the game to go F2P either as I don't feel it is right for that model

EL CUCO

I'm hoping for that rumoured new map, a free weekend, and some stash drops soon. I want to see this game live! It's too good for it not to survive.

arimanius

Breaks my heart to see the population so low and people getting joy over that fact. I hope they figure out something and fast. I'm with everyone else in thinking a free weekend would help some but I don't think it would cause a huge permanent spike in player base.

derFeef

Breaks my heart to see the population so low and people getting joy over that fact. I hope they figure out something and fast. I'm with everyone else in thinking a free weekend would help some but I don't think it would cause a huge permanent spike in player base.

Reminds me of Battleborn, people loved that it's failing. I liked that game as well :(

jimboton

I wish BK would consider the PS+ route for the PS4 version. If that's not possible, free weekend would be the next best thing. But it needs to happen soon.

I'd start with a free weekend. Ofcourse that will get ridiculed too "lmao they are desperate!!!" it will be unfortunate, but I can't see any reason to not do free weekend quickly. I have few friends who would definitely try it out (if the timing is right for them). And few have already said that they would pick the game up from a sale. Going entirely f2p so fast would be a blow to some of the players who have paid for the game. I'd be fine with it surely, but it can give a lot of negative press and word of mouth.

The thing is, I don't think a lot of people would feel slighted if they adopted a F2P model where you can unlock like one or two heroes from the get-go, but need to pay or grind to unlock the rest while the people who paid $30 get access to all heroes immediately. They could back it up with some XP multipliers or exclusive skins for people who paid. There are ways of making it work, and however a person may feel about already having paid for the game, it's not worth much if no one ends up playing it.

There is a game timer too. I think it is 15 minutes or maybe 20.

My bad, I considered that but have never seen it happen. Usually there are too many wraiths in the game for it to not go to 8. They cap it sooo fast. Literally not exaggerating I hit R to reload on Titan at our goal, at the same time as an enemy wraith picked up the ball in the middle, and he capped it before my reload was complete.

BladeOfSanjuro

Neo Member
Reminds me of Battleborn, people loved that it's failing. I liked that game as well :(

The difference here is Lawbreakers is an MP-only slice that has a pretty sharp focus on what it is trying to do. Battleborn was kinda all over the place, with moba-mode, domination mode, and a separate SP campaign that was its own animal.

I am legit confused why these trophies are so rare:

gqTPAfq.png

Still need to get the Uplink one for some reason.

It being hard to get a game (sometimes) likely contributes to it.

The difference here is Lawbreakers is an MP-only slice that has a pretty sharp focus on what it is trying to do. Battleborn was kinda all over the place, with moba-mode, domination mode, and a separate SP campaign that was its own animal.

It's a shame that gets spinned into a negative. I mean, Battleborn had far more content, far more 'things to do', and far more characters to play, than Lawbreakers, or even something like Overwatch (particularly as BB shipped with a pretty expansive co-operative offering). I can definitely see its flaws, but I do think some of the criticism was unfair.

noomi

Like how the "Sprint" on Enforcer works as a rate of fire/reload buff for teammates in your radius. Alot of people dont realize you can pre-detonate the rockets with Titan too. These things aren't immediately obvious when you just starting off.

GG, Noomi! Glad we pulled out the W.

Haha!

Those games were great, some of the best rounds I've had honestly. Did we match make together by coincidence or were you able to join my game through the friends list? I need to pay more attention to that :p

Lucifon

Me too!

Did you like... Money Night Combat and Tabula Rasa as well? Maybe it's BOTH OF US!

And hell yeah! It's a shame, the game is damn fun but I'm honestly not surprised it's performing poorly with the art style, marketing approach etc. F2p would work great for the game just to bump those numbers.

EL CUCO

Haha!

Those games were great, some of the best rounds I've had honestly. Did we match make together by coincidence or were you able to join my game through the friends list? I need to pay more attention to that :p
Lol That was by coincidence. The first game I got put into with you was that JIP that I didn't even get to select a character for (automatic D) .
😭😭😭

hawk2025

I am legit confused why these trophies are so rare:

gqTPAfq.png

Still need to get the Uplink one for some reason.

There are 5 modes total, and only quick match.

This means that the average player that wins every other match would have to play something close to 250 matches to get the trophy. Even lowballing it to 10 minutes per match, that's nearly 40 hours of game!

Anyways, I think the game needs to be SIGNIFICANTLY more generous with loot boxes. By level 14-15 or so, leveling is already so slow... and there's really no other way to get boxes other than gambling or leveling up?

E92 M3

There are 5 modes total, and only quick match.

This means that the average player that wins every other match would have to play something close to 250 matches to get the trophy. Even lowballing it to 10 minutes per match, that's nearly 40 hours of game!

Anyways, I think the game needs to be SIGNIFICANTLY more generous with loot boxes. By level 14-15 or so, leveling is already so slow... and there's really no other way to get boxes other than gambling or leveling up?

That's such a high estimate, I got everything within 24 hours or so. And yes, leveling is very slow. Almost 40, but I don't get to play as much as I want to unfortunately.

Also, the XP requirements don't reset once prestiged. It takes quite a bit to level up.

EL CUCO

New conspiracy
Activision paying big streamers not to play LB 🤔

I kid...kinda. I just cant explain how some of these bigger streamers aren't playing it, after saying repeatedly that they have no other games to play. Guys like Lirik an Dr Dis had mentioned they would play it, and now straight up dodge the question of why they arent. Lol

*takes off tinfoil hat*

Trace

Banned
New conspiracy
Activision paying big streamers not to play LB 🤔

I kid...kinda. I just cant explain how some of these bigger streamers aren't playing it, after saying repeatedly that they have no other games to play. Guys like Lirik an Dr Dis had mentioned they would play it, and now straight up dodge the question of why they arent. Lol

The answer is because they get paid to play games that viewers want to see. They aren't going to play LB because it's obvious no one cares to watch it and would rather watch PUBG or something else.

EL CUCO

I get you on the getting paid thing, but these guys are big enough to be variety streamers. Infact that's what they are. Most people that watch guys like them watch for their personality. These arent little Destiny streamers that drop from 1000 to 100 viewers when they switch a different game on. Js

g23

European pre-madonna
Holy shit this game is good (PS4). The shooting mechanics, movemement, and variety of game modes all come together to make a fun as hell shooter. It's like overwatch on steroids really. Why this isn't getting much exposure boggles my mind.

If I were nexon I would try to get this on PS+ for free by the end of the year. It's too good not to have a healthy population.

Perineum

I think in the last 20 matches I've won 2, and can barely go even anymore.

The first few days I would win everything, always first place, and just completely destroyed butthole. The matchmaking now or whats left for the population is really hard to enjoy. Butt cheeks getting spread 24/7.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Budi

Holy shit, what matches once again. And FINALLY got my S+ score, felt great! It's ridicilous that it came with Gunslinger. I've played the game for well over 50 hours, mostly used Vanguard, Titan and Enforcer. And with GS I've only clocked 53 minutes. I guess I need to start playing him more now! =P Though now that I got the achievement for it, I don't really care if ever get it again.

g23

European pre-madonna

The first few days I would win everything, always first place, and just completely destroyed butthole. The matchmaking now or whats left for the population is really hard to enjoy. Butt cheeks getting spread 24/7.

Feelsbadman.jpg

PC or PS4? I feel like the population is a little more robust on PS4 but i'm not sure.

EL CUCO

Holy shit, what matches once again. And FINALLY got my S+ score, felt great! It's ridicilous that it came with Gunslinger. I've played the game for well over 50 hours, mostly used Vanguard, Titan and Enforcer. And with GS I've only clocked 53 minutes. I guess I need to start playing him more now! =P Though now that I got the achievement for it, I don't really care if ever get it again.
Good stuff! Congrats.

Feelsbadman.jpg
Probably due to the strict MMR this game has.

S/O to all the B and C ranked players out there that keep the matchmaking crispy for us lul

Perineum

I'm on PS4. I find games quick, but the matchmaking is broke as shit. Along with people who afk not getting booted which seems to be a game in game out thing, and no punishment for leaving mid game, it's at a point of why even bother?

Love the game when it fires on all cylinders, but that's not the case anymore.

Edit: You lose. You lose. You lose. Yeah I'm out. Game couldn't even sustain 2 weeks. Good game brought down by the shit market and crap matchmaking. It'll never grow to be something. *sigh* Good luck on your mobile game future Boss Key or whatever hell you'll be stuck in after this bomba. :(

-MD-

That's such a high estimate, I got everything within 24 hours or so. And yes, leveling is very slow. Almost 40, but I don't get to play as much as I want to unfortunately.

Also, the XP requirements don't reset once prestiged. It takes quite a bit to level up.

Assuming the player had a .500 win ratio it'd take about 50 hours to earn. 24 hours is impossible unless you're only counting in-match time or are winning 90% of your matches.

His 250 match number seems fairly accurate as well.

arimanius

Only have the level 50 prestige achievement left to get for platinum and think I'm going to slow down playing. Level 40 and games are just getting more unbalanced with uneven teams and horrible matchmaking.

Demoskinos

Yeah, SBMM needs to be shut off. I don't care if a couple beginners get stomped here and there. I want to get a new game every 30 seconds (PS4 population is perfectly fine).

Ah yes lets make people's experience with the game bad so they quit playing it by matching them up against people not even remotely in their skill range. That seems like a great idea for the overall health of the game.

Feelsbadman.jpg

That exactly how things have been for me and it sucks because I love the game itself.

I'm on PS4. I find games quick, but the matchmaking is broke as shit. Along with people who afk not getting booted which seems to be a game in game out thing, and no punishment for leaving mid game, it's at a point of why even bother?

Love the game when it fires on all cylinders, but that's not the case anymore.

Edit: You lose. You lose. You lose. Yeah I'm out. Game couldn't even sustain 2 weeks. Good game brought down by the shit market and crap matchmaking. It'll never grow to be something. *sigh* Good luck on your mobile game future Boss Key or whatever hell you'll be stuck in after this bomba. :(

They really should have fixed the issues with matchmaking by now, they've been fighting an uphill battle with this game since reveal and screwing over the few customers that actually bought the game day one is an awful way to go about things.

Only have the level 50 prestige achievement left to get for platinum and think I'm going to slow down playing. Level 40 and games are just getting more unbalanced with uneven teams and horrible matchmaking.

I took a break for a few days and came back to 3 losing matches in a row thanks to my awful teammates.

I really hope they fix this before the few people playing the game leave :(

Ah yes lets make people's experience with the game bad so they quit playing it by matching them up against people not even remotely in their skill range. That seems like a great idea for the overall health of the game.

To be fair, right now the people that are skilled at the game get screwed over by being placed on a team with people not even remotely in their skill range since they all suck.

EL CUCO

Ugh, its 00:40 here in the UK and i've been in a warmup lobby 3v3 for at least 5-10 minutes.

What a fucking shame. This game is so solid.
Could be that bug again. I'd back out and try to queue up again. If not, maybe switching to another server will help

Just read on the discord there's a patch coming this week. Details soon

-MD-

To be fair, right now the people that are skilled at the game get screwed over by being placed on a team with people not even remotely in their skill range since they all suck.

Had a match earlier where a single person on the enemy team was 60-10 and my entire team had less than 20 kills combined.

The bottom 3 people on my team were like 1-20, was rough to say the least.

E92 M3

Finally getting the hang of Assassin - I've just been absolutely garbo. Nothing special, but it was nice to see progress.

DH9arlWXsAAaXYY.jpg

-MD-

If any devs are reading this, can people in our party have a highlighted name or something in-game so it's easier to see where your friends are? Right now everyone's name is white and you can't tell anyone apart during hectic moments.

Perineum

I played Assassin today and was finally doing work too. Ditch the sword entirely. Still not sure why I can't make use of her ult effectively.

As long as I shotty around and only use sword mode for the bungie cord I'm hard to catch. Plus nothing is more effective at dunking objectives than Assassin.

E92 M3

1.2 Coming out tomorrow

Patch Notes

I am not a fan of the Occupy changes. They have removed a lot of strategical elements from the gamemode like waiting to slay at the right time to keep the enemy on respawn.

E92 M3

15 seconds is a ridiculously long hill transition time. Part of the strategy in Occupy was knowing when to back off and reposition for the next hill. With 15 seconds, that won't be an issue anymore.

Weston

Yeah 15 seconds seems like a long time, but well see.

Romerus alt fire nerf is not surprising. Hope it doesn't hurt Assassin too much. I like the trade off for faster grapples though.

Juggernaut buff is so minor I can't see it making much of a difference. Juggernaut isn't terrible, but he doesn't feel dangerous at close range. If you can get point blank your shots do a lot of damage and you can stab and kick people, but if someone is dancing around outside of your reach it takes too many shots to kill. I think a good fix would be raising the damage on the center pellet. Consider it an accuracy bonus. Grazing shot wouldn't do any more damage, but landing shots center mass would hurt more.

arimanius

1.2 Coming out tomorrow

Patch Notes

I am not a fan of the Occupy changes. They have removed a lot of strategical elements from the gamemode like waiting to slay at the right time to keep the enemy on respawn.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the Occupy changes either. I don't like them adding a marker where the new zone spawn is going to be. Play the game and you see the pattern and it's always the same.

I do like the changes to the blitz ball shield. Should make for quicker games. Knew the assassin was going to get nerfed hopefully it's not to bad. Surprised they didn't buff juggernauts shotgun. It sucks.

I hope the matchmaking change helps but seems to me I'll just be playing more 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 games.

Yeah I'm going to go with not a fan of occupy changes. I love the short time within changes and don't need a marker to help me. I picked up where to go after a few rounds.

Kayant

1.2 Coming out tomorrow

Patch Notes

Oh noes my precious Romerus. Well hopefully it's not to damaging in practice. Grapple buff is nice might try to use that now.

Also don't like the Occupy changes. Telling people where the next Zone sucks because in close games the teams that were paying attention to rotations could get an advantage. Although I do see it being good from a new player experience.

Blitzball change with shield could make it more annoying against a team with some coronation or good wraiths.

Edit -

As said juggernaut needs a buff to his shotgun more than anything.

Top Bottom