• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego City Undercover (Wii U) NA Commercial. Anyone looking forward to this?

mclem

Oh, btw, this set (and maybe other LEGO City sets, not sure) contain DLC codes of some sort for LEGO City Undercover. According to toysrus.com the code will "unlock special missions and vehicles" in the game.

Oshit. My Skylanders-sense is tingling.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
This game looks really nice and entertaining. The framerate seems improved, while the pop-up effect is still too present. Overall the graphics are very good tough, and the game itself seems cool.

King_Moc

Banned
It looks really good, i just have a hard time believing it actually will be. Hopefully it reviews well, in which case I'll get it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
looks interesting but I still have no idea what you do. At least we see a little bit of building, but for now it could just be any generic lego licensed game but without the license.

Also a bit of a shame it has non-lego buildings. In the licensed games thats understandable, but in a fictional 'lego city' you'd expect more than just the people and vehicles to be lego.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
looks interesting but I still have no idea what you do. At least we see a little bit of building, but for now it could just be any generic lego licensed game but without the license.

Also a bit of a shame it has non-lego buildings. In the licensed games thats understandable, but in a fictional 'lego city' you'd expect more than just the people and vehicles to be lego.

I think that the game is an open world "GTA" game where you are the cop and not the thief. There will be primary and secondary missions, with exploration, platforming, building and fighting elements.

About the buildings, it seems that there are a lot of "mini playsets" to be built, made of Lego (as for example the chinese bridge but also the gas station)

Plus, there is Iwata Lego. Enough for me HAHA! :D

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Official 720p version of the trailer actually looks pretty great.

Game looks like it's well made, nice melee moves too, hopefully it controls well and is meaty.

Frame rate looks more consistent than GTA at least to me. Self shadowing and stuff look nice too.

Quite a bit of pop in though. But how many polys do they waste on the stupid currency pick ups in all the Lego games?

Surely it's only a timed exclusive though? All other Lego games are multiplatform, no?

Rootbeer

Banned
I love all the Shawshank Redemption references in the trailer! Well except for how the "morgan freeman" character is not black... why?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

Game looks like it's well made, nice melee moves too, hopefully it controls well and is meaty.

Frame rate looks more consistent than GTA at least to me. Self shadowing and stuff look nice too.

Surely it's only a timed exclusive though? All other Lego games are multiplatform, no?

It's published by Nintendo and is built heavily around the U pad.

I suspect this one's exclusive.

Also the framerate looks fine in the official trailer there. The shitty stream did no favors to any game shown, it even made Pikmin look like it had a chugging framerate.

It's published by Nintendo and is built heavily around the U pad.

I suspect this one's exclusive.

Also the framerate looks fine in the official trailer there. The shitty stream did no favors to any game shown, it even made Pikmin look like it had a chugging framerate.

They mention in the Nintendo Direct that it's exclusive to WiiU.

I wish they would just give us a release date for the game.

I have never played any of the LEGO games but my girlfriend can't wait for it. She doesn't even own a Wii U but she wants to buy it when it comes out so she can play it at my place.

Quite a bit of pop in though. But how many polys do they waste on the stupid currency pick ups in all the Lego games?

Holy hell, look at 2:05 when you see the guys in the Hospital/Prison dancing, check out the shadows of the windows and how the people's shadows work perfectly with it. o_O

it looks really good, but it should have been a launch title or one that released a couple of weeks later. it's a stand out title and apart from zombiu, that's what the wii u line up is lacking this christmas.

MisterNoisy

Sorry if this has been answered, but do you get to build your own cars/planes/boats/helicopters, etc. Nuts and Bolts style?

Raptomex

the trailers seem to suggest as much, but I would also like to know if this is possible.

you're missing out. lego batman 2 is pretty great, so is lego lord of the rings.
I love real Legos but the games just don't seem attractive to me for some reason. My friend raves about Lego Batman or LB 2. I've never played it though.

I love real Legos but the games just don't seem attractive to me for some reason. My friend raves about Lego Batman or LB 2. I've never played it though.

I was the same until I played lego batman. after that, everything just clicked. if your friend still has them, ask him / her to loan them to you. they are great games.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Been looking forward to this since they announced it. The LEGO games are always a riot and easy to play when all I want to do is mellow out and collect shit. This looks to expand upon it a bit more. The difference in quality between the stream & trailer compared to its initial unveiling is quite large. No more crazy hiccups.

stuminus3

I groaned when they made such a big deal about this at E3 but it's starting to look like it might actually be fun. Looks a lot more like the regular TT Lego games than I thought but I guess that should have been expected.

When I first saw the trailer at E3 I was dumb and thought it was gonna be bad and awful

Over the past few months it's kinda been growing on me and I'm looking forward to this game, framerate aside it's looking awesome and I want to play it.

When is it coming out?

Xater

Just Q1 2013, which probably means in March they will delay it until June.

Is this game single player only? Isn't multiplayer co-op one of the big draws of the Lego franchise?

The ND today said early 2013. That does not necessarily mean Q1.

I would like it to come out sooner rather than later. Looks like the logical progression from what they did with the last Lego batan game and I loved that.

Reggie said that it was a Wii U exclusive at E3 2011. Also, Nintendo are publishing it, and there are in-game references to their titles (for example, there is one Youtube clip where it plays the Gold Skulltula fanfare from LOZ: The Ocarina Of Time).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Crossing my fingers that this plays at a locked 30fps at least. None of this sporadic frame rates. This is one of those games I will surely buy pending the consumer/GAF opinion and if it meets certain performance criteria.

Top Bottom