• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

DonShula

Yes and no. Parisian Restaurant is just as likely to be retired first, due to parts inventories. And it's probably the best Lego set in the last five years, so you really should grab that first.

I do want both. Just want to make sure I don't snooze on one that will go away soon.

How often are modulars released? Once per year? I can see myself buying two this year easily.

I do want both. Just want to make sure I don't snooze on one that will go away soon.

How often are modulars released? Once per year? I can see myself buying two this year easily.

They're typically announced in October and released in January. There has been some speculation that Assembly Square may be the last one but I'm not sure if that's still an unknown.

I really need to get moving the last two. I still haven't picked up Brick Bank or Assembly Square. Since we renovated our main floor I lost the fireplace mantle where I was displaying my collection and they're now on various shelves in the "LEGO room". It's kind of killed my drive to get the newer ones.

I got my Bricks & Pieces order! Just a small one with some cool new parts that were available at that time.

New double cornered clear panels
A bunch of garage door parts
4x4 macaroni tiles
That awesome round tile with bar, in black
A couple of welding gear for making lamps like on AS
A few of the new slopes with cutout

There were a ton of parts that weren't available yet so I'll need to check back, but this is good to inspire a new build.

Ponn

Banned
I came across a Helicarrier at 25% off. I don't wanna do it but somebody here is going to convince me otherwise.

Get it Get it Get it!! Seriously though if you like comics or even the MCU its an awesome set to own. Their are so many details that crosses it over from display piece into an adult play set that you will fiddle with. Lots of neat building techniques and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it come together on my table. One of those sets I will never tear down and it has a permanent home on my dresser (did not work out as a foot stool). Oh and bonus power functionality just for the geek factor. The discount would take care of the worries about price to piece ratio. Also i imagine it will be retired soon, its about time, and this is one of the sets I have a feeling will go way up in the aftermarket.

If anyone in the US is still looking for the OG Milano AWD has one for $65 right now. It's very good and comes in original packaging so that means the insides will be fine but the box will probably be banged up a bit.

I made another face for Trico. Which one do you think is better?

2878628-o_1b9gu5o4e3eam58otu19tt18aed-thumbnail.png

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/166219/updates

I got my Bricks & Pieces order! Just a small one with some cool new parts that were available at that time.

New double cornered clear panels
A bunch of garage door parts
4x4 macaroni tiles
That awesome round tile with bar, in black
A couple of welding gear for making lamps like on AS
A few of the new slopes with cutout

There were a ton of parts that weren't available yet so I'll need to check back, but this is good to inspire a new build.
Mind posting images of those parts or model numbers? I am intrigued.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member

You might be able to find a Pet Shop which is older than the Cinema. I found one a few weeks ago at my Legoland Discovery Center. I just got into modulars as well and have the Pet Shop and just bought the Cinema. I might pick up the restaurant this weekend, this is addicting, please send help.

DonShula

You might be able to find a Pet Shop which is older than the Cinema. I found one a few weeks ago at my Legoland Discovery Center. I just got into modulars as well and have the Pet Shop and just bought the Cinema. I might pick up the restaurant this weekend, this is addicting, please send help.

I was just at my local Lego Store and they definitely don't have the Pet Shop anymore. That's the only physical location I know of that would stock it. I've seen a few large Star Wars sets at Toys R Us but not any of the other "hard to find" stuff. I see that some online retailers carry the modular sets, but are there any other physical stores that do?

DonShula

Side question, I'm sure everyone else in this thread can answer but me: I've been to a website where I entered an old set number and was shown a listing of sellers with each piece in that set (or it linked to another side that performed this service, can't remember). And it grouped chunks of pieces so I could buy a lot of them from one seller. Can't remember where this was and all the site names blur together for me. I checked around and couldn't find it at first glance. Which site is this?

I have a visual in my head of all the pieces listed out for an old pirates set. Now I can't find it in my history. I must be getting older than I realize.

Side question, I'm sure everyone else in this thread can answer but me: I've been to a website where I entered an old set number and was shown a listing of sellers with each piece in that set (or it linked to another side that performed this service, can't remember). And it grouped chunks of pieces so I could buy a lot of them from one seller. Can't remember where this was and all the site names blur together for me. I checked around and couldn't find it at first glance. Which site is this?

I have a visual in my head of all the pieces listed out for an old pirates set. Now I can't find it in my history. I must be getting older than I realize.

www.bricklink.com

If I call the lego store and give them the transaction number will I be able to convert past lego store purchases into VIP if I forgot to use my VIP account while purchasing?

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
I was just at my local Lego Store and they definitely don't have the Pet Shop anymore. That's the only physical location I know of that would stock it. I've seen a few large Star Wars sets at Toys R Us but not any of the other "hard to find" stuff. I see that some online retailers carry the modular sets, but are there any other physical stores that do?

If you have a Legoland discovery center they might have them. I'm not sure where you live, but the one near me is my hidden gem for old sets.

If I call the lego store and give them the transaction number will I be able to convert past lego store purchases into VIP if I forgot to use my VIP account while purchasing?

I would try calling LEGO customer service directly and ask them. In a slightly different scenario I made a purchase and didn't see the points on my account so customer service was able to add them for me. I suspect my card wasn't scanned properly or something interfered with it getting logged at the store.

1-877-518-5346

DonShula

If you have a Legoland discovery center they might have them. I'm not sure where you live, but the one near me is my hidden gem for old sets.

Looks like my closest one is about three hours away. I'll check it out next time I'm in the neighborhood. Had no idea it was any different from a regular Lego Store.

Zombie shark was nowhere to see in NY too, right? Hummm... maybe it is sadly removed from the set.

No Zombie Shark...
Not a great overall look of the ship IMO...

Pretty bummed by this POTC set, unless it's an amazing build and comes with a lot of rare pieces I'll probably pass (not that I'm too mad, just means I'll have more money for other sets!).

wetwired

I was thinking of doing a lego batman movie inspired batcave until I realised 1) it's fucking massive and 2) a lot of the parts they used aren't available in the colours they used.

Instead I thought I'd do a Burton "inspired" batcave, more vertical with protruding rock platforms. It'd be somewhat merged with ideas from the lego batman movie one though with a rotating platform with various batmobiles on it and a rack full of batsuits.

I dunno if I'll follow through to the scale I want but I figured I'd do the Batwing from 89 Batman to go along with it. I spent some time in LDD to mock it up, needs some work though but I think it's doable.

tZP4kn0.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Small deal but worth mentioning I guess.

Amazon.com is celebrating their #1 Corporate Reputation Ranking in 2017 Harris Poll and offering their customers a extra $8.62 Off Orders of $50 or More w/ promo code BIGTHANKS. This is a one per person use code.

Works on LEGO and most other items.

Not a bad time to pick up the new Y Wing which is already 20% off, or, whatever else catches your fancy!

Also I didn't notice the new awing was a TRU exclusive until just now, drat!

_Rob_

I dunno if I'll follow through to the scale I want but I figured I'd do the Batwing from 89 Batman to go along with it. I spent some time in LDD to mock it up, needs some work though but I think it's doable.

*snip*

That Batwing looks really nice, I'd love the file if you were willing to share?

On my trend of reliving childhood memories, I just managed to snag this set, boxed for under a tenner! Should go nice with my other Adventurers sets on the shelf.

5936-1.jpg

UK: if you get there earlyish, Sainsbury's might have Clayface Splat Attack for £15 tomorrow morning.

Basically you're looking for a store which is just about big enough to sell toys, but not so huge that it carries LOADS of Lego. It's gonna be reduced to clear in the stores that it's not normally on sale in, so that's the mid-size ones. But yeah, I doubt they'll last that long at this price.

Kyari

UK: if you get there earlyish, Sainsbury's might have Clayface Splat Attack for £15 tomorrow morning.

Basically you're looking for a store which is just about big enough to sell toys, but not so huge that it carries LOADS of Lego. It's gonna be reduced to clear in the stores that it's not normally on sale in, so that's the mid-size ones. But yeah, I doubt they'll last that long at this price.

Damn, can't think of any matching that in my area.

Markus

25% off sale at B&N online (don't think it's in store) and includes Catherham and Adventure Time. There should be a banner on the homepage with a link to the sets

DonShula

25% off sale at B&N online (don't think it's in store) and includes Catherham and Adventure Time. There should be a banner on the homepage with a link to the sets

I got excited flipping through the pages of results until I realized that only about 5% of those items are actually in stock. Their search returns some retired sets.

Top Bottom