• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

Andrin

Reposting this as it got lost on an earlier page, but has anyone mentioned that we'll apparently get a minidoll version of the Flash in one of the new DC Heroine sets? I haven't seen it mentioned so far, and the minidoll does look pretty decent. It's from the big Moon-base(?) set with Wonder Woman.

Reposting this as it got lost on an earlier page, but has anyone mentioned that we'll apparently get a minidoll version of the Flash in one of the new DC Heroine sets? I haven't seen it mentioned so far, and the minidoll does look pretty decent. It's from the big Moon-base(?) set with Wonder Woman.

I saw that, yeah. Was surprised but it's a decent fig.

The minidolls are a hot commodity in our house. We probably have over a hundred, and likely two of them are men (Olivia's dad and Kristoff).

Markus

25% off sale at B&N online (don't think it's in store) and includes Catherham and Adventure Time. There should be a banner on the homepage with a link to the sets

The Yellow Submarine is also on sale. $105 for Caterham+Yellow Submarine looks good!

I got excited flipping through the pages of results until I realized that only about 5% of those items are actually in stock. Their search returns some retired sets.

Yeah, quite a few of the sets aren't in stock online, but I just heard that the sale is live in store as well, and the B&N membership 10% discount applies in the store (but not on any architecture sets EDIT: may work on Architecture sets, YMMV))

Here's a direct link to the online sale which goes till Feb 26
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/25-off-select-lego/_/N-2lrj?st=AFF&SID=BNB_DRS_BNLogo120x60_20150928&2sid=CFAuthority+Inc_7790097_NA&sourceId=AFFCFAuthority+IncM000027

Ponn

Banned
Since were posting deals might as well post this one. If you are in US that Amazon code for today thats like $8 off order of $50 or more with code BIGTHANKS. Just so happens the Y-Wing is on sale at amazon as well for $47.99 so throw something cheap in your cart and get the Y-Wing for $40. Not bad for a $60 Star Wars set. Might go lower than that in the future but probably not by much unless you luck on finding a 50% off sale. I noticed they also have the new Phantom on sale for 23.99

Markus

Raise.com (gift cards - electronic versions available "immediately")

$4 OFF $40 sitewide

Code: JUST4YOU

12-4PM ET ONLY

No Amazon cards in stock, but some B&N and TrU

DonShula

Since were posting deals might as well post this one. If you are in US that Amazon code for today thats like $8 off order of $50 or more with code BIGTHANKS. Just so happens the Y-Wing is on sale at amazon as well for $47.99 so throw something cheap in your cart and get the Y-Wing for $40. Not bad for a $60 Star Wars set. Might go lower than that in the future but probably not by much unless you luck on finding a 50% off sale. I noticed they also have the new Phantom on sale for 23.99

I was tempted by this but decided I don't need yet another Star Wars ship sitting around the house. Great deal though.

I would do this but I already have a half destroyed Y wing from 10 years ago, just need to find the missing pieces...

wetwired

That Batwing looks really nice, I'd love the file if you were willing to share?
I will eventually. This is just first pass, concentrating on visual accuracy. I need to do a pass to increase strength and then I'll build it with real bricks myself before I share it

$5 thrift find. A yellow modified plate that I haven't seen before, what looks like a LEGO hockey puck and some sort of battery powered umm....."shape" that is new to me. It can't be that old as the lights & sound still work.

exR9Vc8.jpg

Anybody know the Bricklink category that includes battery-powered elements?

gerg

$5 thrift find. A yellow modified plate that I haven't seen before, what looks like a LEGO hockey puck and some sort of battery powered umm....."shape" that is new to me. It can't be that old as the lights & sound still work.

That battery element is from an insect-themed alien line they did some time ago. I still have one in a MOC I did as a child in my parents' house!

I'm surprised that Lego aren't doing a set from Beauty and the Beast, the brickheadz will sell well but the film is going to be huge

I would have enjoyed a good beasts castle

I'm surprised that Lego aren't doing a set from Beauty and the Beast, the brickheadz will sell well but the film is going to be huge

It would be so cool if they did more huge Disney castles. The Beast's castle, Aurora's castle, even Elsa's palace would be cool on a larger scale. Neither of the small sets really captured it.

Ponn

Banned

It would be so cool if they did more huge Disney castles. The Beast's castle, Aurora's castle, even Elsa's palace would be cool on a larger scale. Neither of the small sets really captured it.

They have all of them in their Disney line. It's just the mini dolls so its not enticing to everyone but some of the builds are pretty good, especially the new Elsa's Castle.

They have all of them in their Disney line. It's just the mini dolls so its not enticing to everyone but some of the builds are pretty good, especially the new Elsa's Castle.

Yeah I know, I have a couple of them (my mom bought almost all of them so she'd have lego at her house). They are good builds and some of them even look pretty good, especially the first Cinderella castle and Ariel's castle. But now that we've gotten a huge one I can't help but think of how cool it would be to get more. I love castles, they have been my favorite sets since I was a kid.

Battery part comes from the Insectoids line.

Yeah I know, I have a couple of them (my mom bought almost all of them so she'd have lego at her house). They are good builds and some of them even look pretty good, especially the first Cinderella castle and Ariel's castle. But now that we've gotten a huge one I can't help but think of how cool it would be to get more. I love castles, they have been my favorite sets since I was a kid.

I get what you mean. I always love the castle sets, but the Nexo Knight just doesn't have the same feel. I like the mechs from Nexo Knight line though.

I got a few of the Disney princess castles line for my daughter, Cinderella, Elsa and Belle, and we're thinking of ways to merge them together with my vintage 6080 castle (and eventually the Magic Castle 75040 when we get around to assembling it).

While not a castle, as such, I'm guessing that LEGO nixed the Gingerbread House IDEAS project because they wanted it released under the Disney license. It was great.

1688271-o_197mpjb5mu75e59u5s1be112pq-full.jpg

I saw that, yeah. Was surprised but it's a decent fig.

The minidolls are a hot commodity in our house. We probably have over a hundred, and likely two of them are men (Olivia's dad and Kristoff).

Photos or it isn't real. Please.

I wonder why LEGO Friends don't have many male minidolls.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

Lego's probably completely unable to decide whether it's supposed to be a regular set "for boys" but it's a "girls property" and cool boys collectors would be put off, or make it a "friends" set "for girls", but then boys and collectors would be put off also, and everything just came to a standstill from there.

God, dividing the brand into boys and girls is so fucked up.

fisheyes

Others have already said, but its from the Insectoids line. Specifically its this:
NaYOsJR.jpg

Pretty sure I had the whole set as a kid, as well as the alien line that came either just before or just after with the helmets with a brain printed on them.

Thanks! I'm disappointed he's not in costume.

He is on costume, just without the mask. Maybe because it will mean a new mold? I don't know how he is portrait in the show.

I see what you mean! Come to think of it, I wonder why they made the jungle line part of City as opposed to something new?

It has been a tradition from the past years that the City line will have an "extreme"/explorers subtheme in the middle of the year. We already had Volcano, Deep Sea, Artic and now Jungle explorers. Yeah, it seems that the explorers line from the past has been folded into the city line.

The local shop had their yearly sale. Tons of 2015 stuff, but I already have most of what's interesting at this price (about 40% off). I grabbed a Takodana for now, since I already got the Imperial Shuttle and the RTT.

They tend to clear out the last stuff, so I'll check back. The city square, the Final Duel and some others could be good for parts. Maybe the Avenjet for Carol and Thanos, but they are 100% going to return at some point and I have purged my non-MCU figures. I'm also a little tempted by the Joker funhouse, but the parts are useless in that set. But I'm also well aware that this is to make room for the next wave where I want lots of new sets, so I can't spend too much here.

I have had a ton of stuff going on over the last week and I've missed out of the batman polybag on the lego website. I might try the lego store in leeds tonight

EDIT Luckily they still had some in the leeds store. Phew.

Battery part comes from the Insectoids line.

Others have already said, but its from the Insectoids line. Specifically its this:

Pretty sure I had the whole set as a kid, as well as the alien line that came either just before or just after with the helmets with a brain printed on them.

The pieces from this era are bonkers. So many new (to me) elements I'd never seen before. I didn't know TLG did those little spears in chrome.

Fox Mulder

Bought the ford GT speed champions set.

I really like the 66 GT, neat way they got the angles. I love the look of the older cars in this line, like the Porsche 917k.

Taisaijin

This has to be in the Silent Mary set. I mean it doesn't fit in any other sets, come on TLG and show the official box already.

But with the official pics and description down to the weapons in the press release.. doesn't it seem unlikely? Maybe this is coming in a poly bag promo to help prop up the sales..

Oh lord if the shark is in a poly you only get when buying the ship its resale value is gonna be insane isn't it

No much more different if the shark was included in the actual set.

Btw, they are selling on bricklink for $25 right now. So i can't see how they will be any more than that when the more come onto the market.

Ponn

Banned
But with the official pics and description down to the weapons in the press release.. doesn't it seem unlikely? Maybe this is coming in a poly bag promo to help prop up the sales..

Even though the box was blurred out on that calendar you could still make out the shark on it. This is really crazy stuff here, haven't seen this happen before. I'm hoping its just a mistake on TLG part with the promo pictures not including it. They still don't have that one picture they have for sets with everything included lined up so i'm hoping.

Got my Brickheadz order.

My free Batgirl poster was wrinkled, grrrr. I still need to get the Batgirl brickhead, Capn America and Iron Man. Going to see how I feel about building these before deciding im going to go deep on this line.

papluh

This is the sticker sheet given in exchange for the coupon #2 from (European? ) LEGO Store Calendar 2017.
Kind of reminds me of the sticker sheets from the old Ideas books from 80s. Unfortunately these are not cut for bricks/tiles. The small round ones are fraction of mm bigger than 1x1 round tile. The square are even bigger than 1x1 tile. The bigger square ones are bigger than brick height :( I guess it is 2x2 (round) tiles then. A missed opportunity ...
Wj4PU25.jpg

Clarification on the BN sale. It is a vast majority of sets over $40 that are 25% off in stores, excluding Architecture. Yes, this includes many of the Batman sets like Batcave, Killer Croc, Batmobile, and Joker Lowrider. For some reason, not the Scuttler.

And yes, the member 10% discount will stack in stores.

Goes on until this weekend, so go abuse it.

Markus

Clarification on the BN sale. It is a vast majority of sets over $40 that are 25% off in stores, excluding Architecture. Yes, this includes many of the Batman sets like Batcave, Killer Croc, Batmobile, and Joker Lowrider. For some reason, not the Scuttler.

And yes, the member 10% discount will stack in stores.

Goes on until this weekend, so go abuse it.

Though a few people at Brickpicker have reported that certain locations have Architecture sets on sale (sometimes located out back in storage) and also had their B&N Membership discount apply as well. It's really YMMV.

Ponn

Banned
Joker Blockhead

Like half of the build was the hair. Lots of quarter circle green tooth pieces, these sets are probably going to be a good source for mocers looking for SNOT parts. This was a fun build and I was worried about the size of them at first but building one and feeling the heff to it and seeing it i'm sold at $10 for these. I have one complaint that they have you placing these back on the small plate so they can show that brickheadz logo and number. Since its just a small single plate its center of gravity is off and it tips back real easy. I moved it up by one which half covers the logo on the plate but that fixes it from tipping.

Though a few people at Brickpicker have reported that certain locations have Architecture sets on sale (sometimes located out back in storage) and also had their B&N Membership discount apply as well. It's really YMMV.

Shouldn't be YMMV really. Either the membership works or it doesn't.
I will investigate about Architecture tomorrow, but those Batman sets I listed are definitely discounted, as are some of the SW sets like TIE Striker.

Joker Blockhead

Like half of the build was the hair. Lots of quarter circle green tooth pieces, these sets are probably going to be a good source for mocers looking for SNOT parts. This was a fun build and I was worried about the size of them at first but building one and feeling the heff to it and seeing it i'm sold at $10 for these. I have one complaint that they have you placing these back on the small plate so they can show that brickheadz logo and number. Since its just a small single plate its center of gravity is off and it tips back real easy. I moved it up by one which half covers the logo on the plate but that fixes it from tipping.
Called it when I saw the breakdown on Brickset. Particularly for those 1x2x5/6ths SNOT bricks that BrickBank had.

Ponn

Banned
Called it when I saw the breakdown on Brickset. Particularly for those 1x2x5/6ths SNOT bricks that BrickBank had.

Exactly the ones I was thinking of. I haven't built my Brick Bank yet so it was my first time seeing these and I was like "What the hell is this now?!" Theres like 10 of em in this one set and i'm imagining its the same for the rest because it looks like the torsos will be built the same with only the outside being changed.

These might make good MOC contests in the future too. Maybe moc your own Brickheadz from one set or two or something.

Exactly the ones I was thinking of. I haven't built my Brick Bank yet so it was my first time seeing these and I was like "What the hell is this now?!" Theres like 10 of em in this one set and i'm imagining its the same for the rest because it looks like the torsos will be built the same with only the outside being changed.

These might make good MOC contests in the future too. Maybe moc your own Brickheadz from one set or two or something.

yeah i was thinking of doing one where you can pick any two brickheadz and combine them into a new one

Top Bottom