• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level 5 Vision 2009 confirmed - 25th Aug, 3 new titles

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Amir0x said:
I want Dark Cloud 3 so bad. No way that's gonna happen but I will dream about it

Teetris said:
Ohh snapplecakes! Gimme DC3!

I wish/hope SCE Japan Studio give Dark Cloud 3 to another developers ( like Fromsoftware ) since I believe Level-5 don't have the time to work on big budget Sony IPs anymore .

Level-5 vision is basically going handheld with full force , making their own puplishing games and maybe doing some big AAAAAA JRPG for Square-Enix ( maybe DQX ? ) , I just think there is no place for SCE Japan Studio old IPs or PS3 in their agenda now .

Tiduz said:
Wasnt that just a addon pack?

or was it really wkc2

IIRC the main article was for the expansion stuff, but there was a tiny side bar that said they are working on the sequel. I don't think it said anything beyond that.

I'd like to see a cool DS RPG, something for the Wii and a PS3 game. I feel like all of those are pretty reasonable but I expect to be disappointed on at least one front.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Mr.NiceGuy said:
will we see Famitsu leak the new games news before the conference ?

Probably, unless Level 5 Ninjas took out the leakers.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Mr.NiceGuy said:
will we see Famitsu leak the new games news before the conference ?
Probably, but at least their event is the same day as the leak this time. :lol

SolidSnakex said:
Hopefully Ushiro shows up again. The fact that it's not listed to be shown even though they announced it last year makes me worried.

:(

Anyway, a live blog when I'm not at work... this sucks! Live blogs were made for passing the work day

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Another hour or so and Level 5 will have their glorious press conference be leak free!!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
schuelma said:
Another hour or so and Level 5 will have their glorious press conference be leak free!!
It'd be funny if it leaked just as the Hino walked on stage.

Kind of realistic considering the Famitsu leak schedule as well.

king zell said:
didn't they show a new DQ 9 trailer last time? whats the chances of seeing DQ10

Nope, Hino only mentioned that DQ9 was close to completion but he didn't show any videos of it (or WKC) because they're Square and Sony's games.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Pretty much, even if L5 is involved with DQX they're not going to be the one to reveal it.

Mr.NiceGuy

Wait a minute! Level-5 is also the one who will do DQ10 ?

I thought S-E and Nintendo announced the game for the Wii but didn't reveal the developer.

Mr.NiceGuy said:

I thought S-E and Nintendo announced the game for the Wii but didn't reveal the developer.

People are just assuming since they developed VIII and IX.

RagolSlayer

Neo Member
Mr.NiceGuy said:

No confirmation yet on Level 5 doing DQ10, but everybody's assuming they are (since they did do the last two main DQ games)

TunaLover

Mr.NiceGuy said:

But it's a Level 5 event, I doubt that Nintendo/SE wish they steal the spotlight.

leroidys

Stumpokapow said:
Follow the source in the Wikipedia article.

If there is no source, there's no reason to accept the information.
If there is a source, does it appear to be reliable and does it actually say what Wikipedia says it says?

In this case, the Wikipedia article has no externally-linked sources, but does have internal text that claims that "the latest edition" (note: without knowing when this text was added, it's impossible to know when this claim was made) of UK ONM (not a reliable magazine at all) has an "expected time of arrival" of November 2009.

Ignoring the awkward text, let's google to see if we can find a claim from ONM that matches this one. Googling does not reveal any results using a variety of searches. This tells us a few things--first, ONM does not have this claim on their website. That doesn't mean it wasn't in the magazine, but it means it's not on their website. Second, no other journalistic outlets have picked up on it.

GameFAQs has a guy starting a thread with the ONM claim on November 21st, 2008, meaning that it was probably from the November 2008 ONM issue... provided, of course that the GameFAQs poster isn't lying.

So, now's where you ask yourself--a magazine with a relatively poor record when it comes to the truth apparently published a one off blurb that wasn't verified or run by any other media outlet, in November 2008, claiming a game that is probably not going to release in Japan until the very end of 2009 or well into 2010, is coming to Europe (not America) by the end of 2009, with no media available and no publisher information.

I'm no genius, but sometimes putting in 45 seconds worth of effort can reveal whether or not something is true.

COOL MAN. Thanks for taking the time to be an asshole. Since it was apparently from a print magazine, I thought maybe a UK gafer could corroborate or shoot down this claim. I did not know that the magazine had a bad reputation, but that obviously doesn't preclude it from publishing something accurate.

jiggle

anoop will be live blogging too
2 photos from the event so far

original.jpg

http://www.andriasang.com/e/ticker/3527495248/

original.jpg

http://www.andriasang.com/e/ticker/3527696268/

edit: awww he don't allow hotlinking anymore :(

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
jiggle said:
anoop will be live blogging too
2 photos from the event so far

http://www.andriasang.com/ticker/3527495248/original.jpg[img]
[url]http://www.andriasang.com/e/ticker/3527495248/[/url]

[img]http://www.andriasang.com/ticker/3527696268/original.jpg[img]
[url]http://www.andriasang.com/e/ticker/3527696268/[/url]

edit: awww he don't allow hotlinking anymore :([/QUOTE]
I call it tinypic: [url]http://tinypic.com/[/url]

Edit: Nevermind, your hotlinking seems to be working fine.

Edit 2: That's actually probably because they're in my cache now...

Kukuk

Banned
I really don't want to get excited for this, I know if I do I'll be disappointed. :(

Right now I'm keeping my expectations at: Some DS titles, and a WKC2 teaser.

ltse1

jiggle said:
can't wait :D

Dark Cloud 3 in any form would be great

wonder if Hino, after commenting on the leaks last year, can keep things under wrap this time.

Well, if Dark Cloud 3 doesn't end up on PS3, it'll be on PSP. Sigh...please PS3...

jett

D-Member
Since this show is about self-published games this will be all about portables no doubt. And PC, I guess.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
jett said:
Since this show is about self-published games this will be all about crap portables no doubt. And PC, I guess.

Cry moar :D

Top Bottom