• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: FINAL FANTASY XIII PC |OT| Light Eternal

Hmm, I'm doing something wrong here. First time using GeDoSaTo.

Depth of Field's not working right (everything's getting blurred). When I set dof to false, everything is back in focus.

My game settings are;

injectPSHash 7fcf4d05
injectDelayAfterDraw true

renderResolution 3840x2160@60
presentWidth 1920
presentHeight 1080
presentHz 60

aaQuality 4
enableDoF true
ssaoStrength 3
ssaoScale 2

I thought maybe it had something to do with the preset hash for the LR plugin, so I did a dump, but I only get one value whereas the guide I referenced says there should be a second (i.e. the hash value)

SetPixelShader 0C31BF80, name: UNREGISTERED_SHADER

Anteater

I thought maybe it had something to do with the preset hash for the LR plugin, so I did a dump, but I only get one value whereas the guide I referenced says there should be a second (i.e. the hash value)

SetPixelShader 0C31BF80, name: UNREGISTERED_SHADER

if you want to find a PSHash/VSHash you need to set trackShaders to true in gedosato.ini

Code:
# Turn on only if you want to find a PSHash/VSHash for a game!
trackShaders true

Durante

I haven't configured DOF to work with LR at all, so it's not a surprise it's not working. It should be possible to get it to work, but then you should also disable the in-game DoF completely IMHO. Which would require some coding.

Cool cool cool.
By the way, the extra instructions for getting hudless downsampled screenshots, is the same required for XIII-2?
No, that's just because you need to prevent LR from doing its own built-in downsampling (if you're referring to the instructions in the LR .ini).

Are these games any good? Should all three be played or can I skip the first?
The fun part about this "trilogy" is that the games are probably more different to each other than any random unrelated games you might pick in some genre. So it's completely possible IMHO for someone to love FF13 and hate LR and -2, or love LR and hate the others, or even only like -2.

I'll probably do a retrospective thread about the entire FF13 series once I finish LR, just because I find what they attempted with each entry (and how they succeeded and failed at various parts of that) so interesting.

Parsnip

No, that's just because you need to prevent LR from doing its own built-in downsampling (if you're referring to the instructions in the LR .ini).
Ah, alrighty.
I was just remembering that there were some suggested user configs in the XIII-2 ini, but I wasn't at my computer at the time to check if they were the same as the ones in LR ini.

BadWolf

A few hours in now and I'm loving this.

If only they didn't include that time limit mechanic, I like to dick around and take my time in RPGs usually :/

Celegus

So does it run at a mostly constant 60 fps for you guys? I've still been messing with stuff and can't get it to run decently at all. May just have to give up and lock it to 30, which sucks.

BadWolf

Sort of. I don't think playing each is really necessary, because the continuity is basically nonsense.

Not really, no. I've enjoyed the story and characters quite a bit.

Playing LR without having played XII and XII-2 first would definitely not have the same impact.

killatopak

Gold Member
I fixed the DoF for LIghtning Returns, and also added AO.

DoF before/after:
dump116_framedump_prePresent_102F9D80.jpg

(it was worse in motion)

AO comparison.

you mind telling me how I can do this on my copy? I don't have the dosato thing.

BadWolf

Finished the fourth main quest
Caius and Yeul
, damn that was epic. Dat theme music.

Gotta say, overall I love the
Caius, Neol and Yuel
story arc.

The battle system is brilliant.

Well, im 10 hours in and honestly, as much of a fan of the Goddess as i am, this game is eh...pretty shit. Like the combat system is fairly fun, but every single thing outside of that is either bad, or, really fucking bad.

Bad voice acting.
Bad graphics (mostly).
Bad missions
Bad signposting for said missions
Bad area layout

Like so far the majority of the missions either invovle MMO style "Bring me a bunch of macguffins", or "Come back tomorrow at X o'clock". And thats it. And the worst kind are the macguffins because the game gives you very little in the way of direction. Like "Go find me these things", and then thats it. No waypoints, no clues, just fucking find it yourself. I had to google the locations of almost everything.

Honestly i preferred XIII's linear corridor run because at least with a linear hallway you always knew where you were supposed to be going. The Goddess deserves better than this, im afraid.

All done.

It's definitely worth spending some time just waltzing around killing monsters after beating all of the quests, not only because there'll be abilities you may not have found, but because you'll get even better drops from
the Last Ones

Made all of the difference in the world in the endgame section, and I took out the final boss without having a game over.

The ending sure is something!

Parfait

I finally got some time to get into this.

Damn these fights do not fuck around. I may just stick to low questing or switch areas because i just had my butthole reversed by the first legit bossfight in Lux, and I was having problems with some new enemies that appeared in the graveyard.

High need to gitgud.

Adaren

So does it run at a mostly constant 60 fps for you guys? I've still been messing with stuff and can't get it to run decently at all. May just have to give up and lock it to 30, which sucks.

Make sure you update your Nvidia drivers. Mine were a few months out of date and the game ran crappily (20-30 FPS). Constant 60 FPS after updating them though.

SOLDIER

Game is mostly 60 fps for me with no issue, except for some framerate stuttering whenever I turn the camera. Is there an intensive setting I could turn off to improve this?

Muzy72

Banned
So uhh, this might seem like a stupid question, but is there anyway to put Lightning Returns between FF XIII-2 and FF XIV in my Steam Library? If I buy this game it'll mess up the order of FF games in my library! :(

Lain

So uhh, this might seem like a stupid question, but is there anyway to put Lightning Returns between FF XIII-2 and FF XIV in my Steam Library? If I buy this game it'll mess up the order of FF games in my library! :(

Not unless SE fixes it.

Falk

that puzzling face
SE don't care
K3MBqhr.png

Not unless SE fixes it.

IX was already going to mess that up anyway. I'm not too sure how you're going to fix FFIX (a ha ha ha ha pun not intended)

But yeah, LR all the way on another alphabet at all is mildly annoying. Personally I have all my games categorized anyway. I'm probably just gonna split FF out from "JRPG" so that they're at least all together.

Lain

IX was already going to mess that up anyway. I'm not too sure how you're going to fix FFIX (a ha ha ha ha pun not intended)

But yeah, LR all the way on another alphabet at all is mildly annoying. Personally I have all my games categorized anyway. I'm probably just gonna split FF out from "JRPG" so that they're at least all together.

They can set it internally or something as a tag. It's how AssCreed games are now in the right order. But that's up to the publisher.

GIFb.png

Falk

that puzzling face
They can set it internally or something as a tag. It's how AssCreed games are now in the right order. But that's up to the publisher.

THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Thanks for the heads up. I'm just gonna prod someone who can prod someone and we'll see what happens.

L.O.R.D

hi , i need big help here

i am now on the Dead Dunes , the sixth day
already beat
Noel
in Luxerion chapter ,
Snow
in Yusnaan chapter and
Caius
in The Wildlands chapter

however , after i beat the boss of the Dead Dunes
Grendel
, i parted from fang.
but i didn't get this main mission over like the other missions

like this

should i collect the sub quest first before i go to defeat this boss ?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
After a few hours I should be done with all main quests and most of side quests (I'm playing with a guide showing how to do it all in 4 in game days).

Now for my question - I saw multiple reports of people being done with main/most of the side stuff just sleeping to the last day, which led to them being too weak to deal even with regular enemies.

Any suggestions what I should do after day 4? Any specific days/locations to get skills or equipment to buy on specific days? I want to blaze through the ending and don't plan to do NG+, so I don't want to bother with omega versions of enemies etc.

Any suggestions what I should do after day 4?

Try to do as many quests as you can to unlock the 14th day. You'll have access to a dungeon with a superboss (that isn't as hard as that dragon).

But each floor of that dungeon has an Omega enemy you haven't taken out yet.

Also the bosses of the main quests grow stronger after certain days. So if you have some bosses left, you might want to wait if you want a challenge.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Try to do as many quests as you can to unlock the 14th day. You'll have access to a dungeon with a superboss (that isn't as hard as that dragon).

But each floor of that dungeon has an Omega enemy you haven't taken out yet.

Also the bosses of the main quests grow stronger after certain days. So if you have some bosses left, you might want to wait if you want a challenge.
I think I'm already good regarding the extra dungeon, since like I said I'll have most quests done by the end of day 4. And I really don't want challenge, so what I meant was more of a cookie cutter way of beating the second half of the game. ;p

I think I'm already good regarding the extra dungeon, since like I said I'll have most quests done by the end of day 4. And I really don't want challenge, so what I meant was more of a cookie cutter way of beating the second half of the game. ;p

If you've managed to have enough quests to access the 14th day and finished all main quests, then you should be fine for the final day. So you can sleep to the last day if you want. (Have a separate save just in case)

Nothing much left to do but gather loot, canvas of prayers, synthesize abilities. You can also check stores on later days for new inventory.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If you've managed to have enough quests to access the 14th day and finished all main quests, then you should be fine for the final day. So you can sleep to the last day if you want. (Have a separate save just in case)

Nothing much left to do but gather loot, canvas of prayers, synthesize abilities. You can also check stores on later days for new inventory.
Yeah that's what I was wondering about - are there any must buy garbs/weapons which I should get before challenging the final boss.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
one of the best weapons to get is this:
which you'll need to kill every behemoth to get it.
you can also make the Ultimate weapon on the last day as well

people like to use this one for the damage Artemis's Arrows can make:
Thanks for the suggestions.

I ended up doing some canvas of prayers, a 3-4 left over sidequests and now I'm on the 9th floor of the extra dungeon, trying to get as many high level abilities/items as I can.

By the way, do you recover EP between forms of the final boss of the game?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I really didn't expect to burn through the extra dungeon in under an hour. I skipped both Eaters and the last boss, but didn't have much problem with anyone else.

Exiting with 750k gil, cool accessories and weapons (plus lv 4 abilities) was a nice surprise, I hope I can buy some nice garbs before the final fight. I'm also planning to get the ultimate weapon, so I guess the last fight shouldn't be that bad (?).

Chairhome

Just started playing. I got all the DLC garb, and I equipped Cloud's buster sword and garb and holy crap that is cheating. Should I not use the Buster sword? I've temporarily switched to another sword to even the playing field.

Thank you for your continued support of LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII.
An update the game has been implemented as of Feb 24rd 2016

Update content:
1. Alongside Valve’s SDK updates, the game can now be played even when Steam Cloud is turned off.
2. Display issues when using several models of graphics card such as the ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series have now been improved.

We hope you continue to have fun with LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII.
Thanks

Patch dropped.

Adaren

Should I enable the DLC when it's my first time playing or does it break the game difficulty?

It definitely makes the early game significantly easier, and it'll be quite a while before you find Garbs with comparable power to some of the DLC garbs. If you're concerned about breaking the difficulty, I'd say disable it / don't use it until you get to the later game.

Marow

It definitely makes the early game significantly easier, and it'll be quite a while before you find Garbs with comparable power to some of the DLC garbs. If you're concerned about breaking the difficulty, I'd say disable it / don't use it until you get to the later game.
Guess I'll skip them, then! Thanks :D
Will be a while until I play it, but really looking forward to it.

Top Bottom