• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles based Ray’s & Stark Bar to unveil new 45-page menu featuring water

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
Stuff like this is why modern art and the art "scene" is instinctively mocked by so many people. You can't take something seriously when it comes saddled with this sort of pretentious bullshit. I think it does a disservice to the museum.

Peru

Stuff like this is why modern art and the art "scene" is instinctively mocked by so many people. You can't take something seriously when it comes saddled with this sort of pretentious bullshit.

What does this have to do with art?

rrs

Specific water is streaching the limits of taste compliments, but I wonder if I can bottle the hard water (undrinkable if you lived elsewhere) in a small local community nearby and make like zillions selling it as exotic water.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Sorry but "the champagne of waters" reminds me of Miller High Life, not anything classy. I can't be alone here.

At least with Miller High Life, the phrase is legitimate and perfectly acceptable because the beer is actually fermented using the champagne method.

A wildly over-priced bottle of flat water, though? That's just a silly misnomer.

Mr. Tone

Next step? Selling canned air. Syberian Ice, Caribbean Heat etc, etc.

juohuDJ.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I know the entire beverage industry is a racket, but do they have to be so obvious about it? Water is water, whatever minerals you're adding to it costs pennies to the gallon.

Damnit, I'm leaving L.A.

I vaguely remember some hoax/hidden camera show/commerical doing this.

Serving tap water as premium from different locales and charging out the nose.

Liberty4all

Banned
I drink Eska myself ... http://www.eskawater.com/

There is definitely a taste profile associated with different regions waters. Personally I prefer highly alkaline water with a ph balance of 7.5 or higher. Helps with my stomach acidity problems and also tastes much better to me.

FStop7

Banned
I drink Eska personally ... http://www.eskawater.com/

There is definitely a taste profile associated with different regions waters. Personally I prefer highly alkaline water with a ph balance of 7.5 or higher. Helps with my stomach acidity problems and also tastes much better to me.

I would legitimately like to see some double blind testing done to see if any of this bears out.

Liberty4all

Banned
I would legitimately like to see some double blind testing done to see if any of this bears out.

I always noticed certain brands of bottled still water I enjoyed (Eska, Fjii, Evian, San Pellegrino) .... But I never knew why until I researched it a couple years ago. I have acidity problems, and all the waters mentioned above are highly alkaline with a ph balance above 7.5.

water with a ph balance below 7.0 is considered acidic.

For people with problems like IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) the type of water you drink really can make a big difference.

I know instantly if water I am drinking is acidic or alkaline.

Maximus.

I wonder if we will see the day when water is a scare commodity that actually is desired world wide, rather than being dressed up as some high class shit, when it really isnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom