• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.07: "Dr. Linus" (108. Solo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
InaudibleWhispa said:
Man, this is the kind of hyping that I like. I'll spoiler it because I know what some people are like, but it literally doesn't give away or even hint towards anything. This is from one of DarkUFO's trusted sources --
I can tell you that if episode 14 is as good as I have been hearing so far, it is going to be the best episode of LOST that you have ever seen. One of the most asked questions is actually answered in this episode. Like flat out answered -- no ambiguities, no half-explanations, no things left unsaid: they just show you right there and then really HUGE stuff.
i'm guess it's
who the chosen candidate is and his purpose.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
DeathNote said:
i'm guess it's
who the candidate is and his purpose.
That's not exactly a
"Most asked question", I'd say. It's something we've been talking about for years, probably.

Nameless

Sent said:
*Must hold back hype....must....resist

No spoilers in inaudible's post, like none at all.. Just hype about a future episode.

Can't get over this season. I was so amped about season 6 that I started to come to grips with the fact that the writers wouldn't meet my expectations, but goddamnit if they haven't. This is on pace to be my favorite season of LOST....ever. No exaggeration. Some people are too wrapped up in getting answers that they're not taking note of the amazing story that's being told right now, others are over thinking the X-timeline to the point that they're missing the depth it adds to the narrative.

George getting a glimpse of what could have been in It's A Wonderful life was powerful on it's own merits. And that's how how I feel about Story X in LOST. Even if it doesn't tie in directly to the main plot I'm thoroughly enjoying seeing the other side of the coin explored.

No idea what I'm going to do when this show is over. Might have to grow a beard.

Godamnit, what's going on in this page?

Black text everywhere.

GARY HAS NOT WON YET, THE FORCES OF WHITE WILL PREVAIL.

Candidates, you know what to do. On Tuesday, you must cross the forum and inhabit the new thread. You must protect it from the dark forces. Widmore is coming, and with him, come spoilers.

Post the large, obnoxious, spoiler defeating messages. Optimal times are shortly after thread creation, shortly before the program begins, as soon as the program ends, and then repeat for the west coast.

There is still time. Many of us remain unspoiled, and we must keep it this way.

Those writing with in black, and the ABC marketing team will do everything in their power to spoil you. Don't let them say a single word. If you let them speak, it's too late.

There is pretty much nothing spoilery, aside from a couple of episode titles which are usually always marked as such, in most of the black text. It isn't based on ABC preview footage, it isn't based on a spoiler... it's just pure speculation based on a spoiler site pretty much saying "Episode __ is going to be huge". We're just riffing off that, but doing so with a condom on because some people here think that we're going to impregnate them by masturbating. That was an atrocious analogy, I know.

InaudibleWhispa said:
There is pretty much nothing spoilery, aside from a couple of episode titles which are usually always marked as such, in most of the black text. It isn't based on ABC preview footage, it isn't based on a spoiler... it's just pure speculation based on a spoiler site pretty much saying "Episode __ is going to be huge". We're just riffing off that, but doing so with a condom on because some people here think that we're going to impregnate them by masturbating. That was an atrocious analogy, I know.

Im talking about Tueday and the preview spoilers.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
InaudibleWhispa said:
IMO, it's still bullshit.
I don't want to know if someone thinks "EPISODE XX IS GOING TO INSANNNE, OMFG
FDKDKDKDKDKDKD
And then like five people quote it.
This thread is about Dr. Linus. So take it somewhere else, because you guys are making this season's threads a minefield of episode titles and speculation based off things I and many others are actively trying to avoid. TAKE IT ELSEWHERE.

jamesinclair said:
Im talking about Tueday and the preview spoilers.
The first two lines were, I assume, talking about the last page or two of discussion. I was just reinforcing the fact that whilst it may appear that we're discussing spoilers, no matter how minor, we're more than often not. Just playing it safe.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
InaudibleWhispa said:
Just playing it safe.
If something you want to post warrants the need to "play it safe" don't post it at all.
There is a dedicated thread for discussion of episode titles, cast lists, previews, and speculation. It's linked in the OP.

Jtwo said:
FDKDKDKDKDKDKD
This thread is about Dr. Linus. So take it somewhere else, because you guys are making this season's threads a minefield of episode titles and speculation based off things I and many others are actively trying to avoid. TAKE IT ELSEWHERE.
An unrealistic request.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
That may be so, but there is the spoiler thread for a reason.. and the last two years have been nowhere near this bad.
There is a reason I'm barely reading the threads this year.
It's just a bummer.

Jtwo said:
If something you want to post warrants the need to "play it safe" don't post it at all.
There is a dedicated thread for discussion of episode titles, cast lists, previews, and speculation. It's linked in the OP.
The discussion we were having in regards to the recent bout of spoiler text had nothing to do with an episode title, cast list or preview. It was literally as simple as "Episode __ is going to be huge". To consider that a spoiler in a Lost thread is, in my opinion, ridiculous. But as I said, I was playing it safe to try and appease those that do not wish to know anything (even though it pretty much was nothing). There was certainly nothing said that deserved a place in the spoiler thread instead of here, and nothing that broke the rules stated in the op. If I hadn't used spoiler tags I doubt you'd have even mentioned it, I was just being careful.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Costanza said:
OH MY GOD I JUST READ WHICH CHARACTER 6x11 IS CENTERED ON (and the title).

!!!!!!!!!

Don't highlight if you don't want to know

Desmond. Title is Happily Ever After.

Don't highlight if you don't want to know
i'm still giddy

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Jtwo said:
FDKDKDKDKDKDKD

QFClj.gif

Jtwo said:
That may be so, but there is the spoiler thread for a reason.. and the last two years have been nowhere near this bad.
There is a reason I'm barely reading the threads this year.
It's just a bummer.
All the information in this thread is info you would be aware of before the episode aired. I understand your issues, but episode titles are not spoilers. Neither is speculation. There's a reasonable line in these threads.

Costanza

Banned
*shrug*

Someone should just go ahead and post that minor-spoiler/speculation thread we were talking about last week. So tired of reading posts bitching about nothing.

edit: I'll just throw it up in a bit

Tim-E

Costanza said:
*shrug*

Someone should just go ahead and post that minor-spoiler/speculation thread we were talking about last week. So tired of reading posts bitching about nothing.

edit: I'll just throw it up in a bit

Probably a good idea. This back-and-forth goes on and on in these threads weekly so this should (hopefully) get rid of it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sorry guys, I'm honestly not trying to ruin the fun.
I just felt I needed to say it, since I've honestly become hesitant to enter these threads this year.

Someone even posted something on the first page of this thread from DarkUFO that directly played into this week's episode.

Nameless

LOST-GAF= Lost season 4.

Three Groups, Jack's group at the beach, Locke's group at Dharmaville, and random members on The Freighter.

Nameless

Calantus said:
No one wins.

It's been 7 weeks and we're all still watching. Watching this amazing show. But what if we couldn't? We have to stop bitching. We need to start figuring things out. DeathNote was spoiled this morning just browsing the forum and Speeding tried to warn him, and now you're about to crucify him? We can't do this. Every GAFer for himself is not gonna work. It's time to start organizing. We need to figure out how we're gonna survive here. Now Costanza started a thread... a thread for minor spoilers such as episode titles. I'll link a group in at first light. If you don't want to come then find a way to contribute. Last season most of us were strangers. But we're all here now. And God knows how long we're gonna be here. But if we can't live together...we're gonna die alone."

InaudibleWhispa said:
The first two lines were, I assume, talking about the last page or two of discussion. I was just reinforcing the fact that whilst it may appear that we're discussing spoilers, no matter how minor, we're more than often not. Just playing it safe.

There are two issues.

1) As Jtwo said, all the spoiler text, even if concerning tiny little spoilers is a problem, because it's a slippery slope. I'm glad it has been addressed with the new thread. This thread, and future threads can be about the episode ONLY.

2) I will not be here on Tuesday, so someone needs to make sure a junior doesnt come in and post preview spoilers. It just so happens that when I post the warnings, we get no preview spoilers. When I don't post them, we do.

LOST-GAF= Lost season 4.

Three Groups, Jack's group at the beach, Locke's group at Dharmaville, and random members on The Freighter.

This shit is hard to keep track of :lol

Didnt season 4 also have the temple group as well, just without screen time?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Heu guys. All this talk of the different threads is shitting up this one. I think we need to make a meta-thread that contains discussion about each of the other threads and what should or should not be posted in them.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
jamesinclair said:
Didnt season 4 also have the temple group as well, just without screen time?

Temple group = lurkers.

gdt

I'm rethinking my current policy of rewatching the episodes right before the new one. Doesn't allow my any time to breath and reflect...

duckroll

GENERAL WARNING

Okay look. There is a Lost spoiler thread, go post there. If I see one more post in any normal weekly Lost thread talking about spoilers, I will ban everyone involved until the end of the season. I don't care if the spoilers are marked. I don't care if you "just want to share something". I really just don't care. If you post spoilers that have nothing to do with the episode listed in the thread title, you will be banned until the end of the season, regardless if the spoiler is marked or not. This is not debatable and there will be no more warning. If you think it's not fair, or whatever, I don't care, you can blow me.

Gazunta

Duckroll, I have no idea who you are, but I really want to make out with you now for posting that. These threads were turning into landmines.

please be hot

duckroll said:
GENERAL WARNING

Okay look. There is a Lost spoiler thread, go post there. If I see one more post in any normal weekly Lost thread talking about spoilers, I will ban everyone involved until the end of the season. I don't care if the spoilers are marked. I don't care if you "just want to share something". I really just don't care. If you post spoilers that have nothing to do with the episode listed in the thread title, you will be banned until the end of the season, regardless if the spoiler is marked or not. This is not debatable and there will be no more warning. If you think it's not fair, or whatever, I don't care, you can blow me.

What about podcasts? Does anything mentioned in the podcast have to be in the other thread?

What about interviews, or trailers?

duckroll

TheGreatDave said:
What about podcasts? Does anything mentioned in the podcast have to be in the other thread?

What about interviews, or trailers?

No, those are fine. As long as it is made clear that it is an official source made public, it's fine. What is not fine are spoilers being posted by magazines, online columns, DarkUFO's blog, etc. These are direct spoilers from inside sources which are not meant for consumption in any way whatsoever. I have mentioned before that it is extremely unfair to bring stuff like that into conversations in the weekly thread, and since certain people decided to ignore that I'm making it much clearer now.

duckroll said:
No, those are fine. As long as it is made clear that it is an official source made public, it's fine. What is not fine are spoilers being posted by magazines, online columns, DarkUFO's blog, etc. These are direct spoilers from inside sources which are not meant for consumption in any way whatsoever. I have mentioned before that it is extremely unfair to bring stuff like that into conversations in the weekly thread, and since certain people decided to ignore that I'm making it much clearer now.

Cool. I'm all in favour of banning spoilers, but I think it's questionable as to whether stuff like episode titles, or most the stuff in this thread, are. There's the other thread now though, so I guess it'll work out.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
sayid-s4.jpg

"While I appreciate your honesty, it doesn't explain why you brought us out here."
JackfaceVP.jpg

Duckroll!!!
[Duckroll suddenly emerges from the trees]
070216_inside_lost.jpg

Show 'em.

danielle%2C%20show%20them.jpg

duckroll said:
GENERAL WARNING

jack-shepherd-9150.jpg

When jamesinclair told me they were coming, the first thing I thought was, "Where the hell are we gonna hide this time?" But hiding's pointless. The mods are just gonna keep coming back. So I went out and I found some help. And for the past few days we've been making spoiler threads from the Black Rock. For the very first time we know exactly what they want in this thread, when they're coming to get it, and they have no idea what's coming next on the show. So Birdie's's gonna mark the threads with the white rocks just like he was told to, but there's not going to be any black text inside; there's gonna be plenty of discussion on what we just saw on the episode just aired. So Tuesday night we stop hiding, we stop bitching, we stop living in fear of them, because when they show up... they're not gonna see any black text from us.

duckroll

TheGreatDave said:
Cool. I'm all in favour of banning spoilers, but I think it's questionable as to whether stuff like episode titles, or most the stuff in this thread, are. There's the other thread now though, so I guess it'll work out.

I dunno. Saying who is the flash sideways character in an episode which airs in a month's time, and talking about DarkUFO's "trusted source" or whatever is completely unacceptable to me. It doesn't even matter if it is spoiler tagged, just opening the discussion into something like that in a thread where people are discussing the current episode, is unacceptable. :lol

duckroll said:
I dunno. Saying who is the flash sideways character in an episode which airs in a month's time, and talking about DarkUFO's "trusted source" or whatever is completely unacceptable to me. It doesn't even matter if it is spoiler tagged, just opening the discussion into something like that in a thread where people are discussing the current episode, is unacceptable. :lol
If you're referring to my posting of the trusted source, that wasn't a spoiler. As I said, I was just being careful. It contained literally zero information about any upcoming episode, not even the title or character, aside from the fact that one episode in particular is "going to be huge". It was pretty much a hype building statement, nothing more. But I guess it's hard to tell when you don't read spoiler tagged text; you can't know how severe it is, so yeah it makes sense to just move it all into it's own thread.

In regards to episode names and characters, I don't really see the difference between knowing the info for the next episode and wanting to know the info for the one after that (and after that, and so on). I mean what does it really spoil? People didn't want to know this week was a Ben episode until 7 days before it aired (when the title was then openly discussed in that weeks thread)? I don't understand what that achieves. As was said in the other thread, what do those people do when going through DVD menu's with episode titles? But if someone wants to stay that in the dark, I'll respect them and not spoil it (which is why I was uber careful with my DarkUFO hyping comment) so, again, having the other thread is the safe bet.

InaudibleWhispa said:
If you're referring to my posting of the trusted source, that wasn't a spoiler. As I said, I was just being careful. It contained literally zero information about any upcoming episode, not even the title or character, aside from the fact that one episode in particular is "going to be huge". It was pretty much a hype building statement, nothing more. But I guess it's hard to tell when you don't read spoiler tagged text; you can't know how severe it is, so yeah it makes sense to just move it all into it's own thread.

In regards to episode names and characters, I don't really see the difference between knowing the info for the next episode and wanting to know the info for the one after that (and after that, and so on). I mean what does it really spoil? People didn't want to know this week was a Ben episode until 7 days before it aired (when the title was then openly discussed in that weeks thread)? I don't understand what that achieves. As was said in the other thread, what do those people do when going through DVD menu's with episode titles? But if someone wants to stay that in the dark, I'll respect them and not spoil it (which is why I was uber careful with my DarkUFO hyping comment) so, again, having the other thread is the safe bet.

The only thing that makes sense to me is when people don't want to know who the episode focuses on.

TheGreatDave said:
The only thing that makes sense to me is when people don't want to know who the episode focuses on.
I guess they might want to keep that a surprise but I can't see many people not finding out at least the next episodes character. Is there anyone here who doesn't know who the next episode focuses on? If so, kudos for managing to avoid that, but it can't be an easy thing to do.

I'm happy to hear spoiler talk will (hopefully) stop. I used to come and read all the weekly Lost threads, but stopped visiting when I noticed people started posting more and more spoilers. It's the final season -- I didn't invest 6 years of my life to get it spoiled by some jackass.

InaudibleWhispa said:
I guess they might want to keep that a surprise but I can't see many people not finding out at least the next episodes character. Is there anyone here who doesn't know who the next episode focuses on? If so, kudos for managing to avoid that, but it can't be an easy thing to do.

I'll respond to this post in the other thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom