• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Macquarie Report on NX: "Coming next week" (Take with a grain of salt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I cant take this anymore

Hydrus

I'm wore out of the NX already. It's taken way too long for this to get revealed. I'm too focused on the stuff that has been announced and is actually releasing soon, like FF15, Last Guardian, Persona 5, Horizon and now, after today, I'm sold on PSVR. Seriously, what the heck has Nintendo been thinking? The longer they take, the more they hurt themselves.

13ruce

Banned
I mean, they're going to have to reveal it at some point, or it's going to be really weird when people have it in their homes in "March".

I actually do think it'll hit March, in as sorry a state as the 3DS was.

Here is the NX available in stores now!

Would be funny and epic but they can't afford having no press details before release and some known games coming. I doubt that there will be a delay though, ps4k and xbox scorpio are coming and in November 2017 normal ps4 and xbone might get cut to 250$€ wich honestly could destroy NX if they go for 300$€.

So March it is i hope.

Kouriozan

I'm wore out of the NX already. It's taken way too long for this to get revealed. I'm too focused on the stuff that has been announced and is actually releasing soon, like FF15, Last Guardian, Persona 5, Horizon and now, after today, I'm sold on PSVR. Seriously, what the heck has Nintendo been thinking? The longer they take, the more they hurt themselves.
Maybe they're just not ready to show it, yet.
Would be worrying, 5 months before its release.

Yes, YEEEEEEESSSSSS MY ACCOUNT WAS FINALLY ACTIVATED!!!!!! Hello, my now fellow NX-Gafers, I've been lurking every NX thread here for months, and I'm very happy to join the mostly pointless discussion! About this, I think it would have to be revealed next week in order to make in this month before the investor's meeting on the 26th. But I mean, it's supposed to have been revealed during every next week for the last 3 months, sooooooo...

Hydrus

Maybe they're just not ready to show it, yet.
Would be worrying, 5 months before its release.

Well, then in that case, they should give people an update. People like me cant afford both a PSVR and whatever the NX is. At this point, I'm ready to buy and invest in the headset and hold off on NX for at least a year or two.

It's been confirmed that it was in the original report.

https://twitter.com/zhugeex/status/786686301466664960

Man, I hope this pans out.

Yes, YEEEEEEESSSSSS MY ACCOUNT WAS FINALLY ACTIVATED!!!!!! Hello, my now fellow NX-Gafers, I've been lurking every NX thread here for months, and I'm very happy to join the mostly pointless discussion! About this, I think it would have to be revealed next week in order to make in this month before the investor's meeting on the 26th. But I mean, it's supposed to have been revealed during every next week for the last 3 months, sooooooo...

I always wondered what an alt account made by Cheesemeister would look like.

Welcome to GAF. Sorry you got sucked into false hope so young.

I'd ask why we even allow these unremarkably reported "details and information" stories about NX, but I guess they generate a ton of ad revenue.

It's revealed when it's revealed at this point. No use waiting for unofficial "rumors/leaks".

Has any other system in history taken this long for a reveal or info?

13ruce

Banned
I'd ask why we even allow these unremarkably reported "details and information" stories about NX, but I guess they generate a ton of ad revenue.

I guess it's either for fun or some people have small hope inside it's real, i don't blame them though the thirst is real.

Ydelnae

The only NX news I expect this year are "We will discuss our new system in January and it will be released in May" after Pokémon Sun & Moon release.

LordofPwn

I've lost track of all the rumors, so to make things simple: which days in October haven't been suggested as possible reveal dates?

Also my phone auto-corrected rumors to tumors.

October 21st if I had to guess a number and a month

I guess it's either for fun or some people have small hope inside it's real, i don't blame them though the thirst is real.
I am beyond hyped for NX, and would literally purchase one right this second if it suddenly became available by surprise launch. Nintendo titles are gaming bliss, and I know I'm in the minority, but I love Nintendo hardware a ton. Excited is an understatement, but I thought this sort of shady "scoop" style article posting from largely unreliable sources wasn't allowed, and for good reason. I can understand a catch all "NX: Throw Shit At The Wall Until Something Sticks" thread, though.

I am thirsty as hell, so the sooner, the better.

ggx2ac

I've lost track of all the rumors, so to make things simple: which days in October haven't been suggested as possible reveal dates?

Also my phone auto-corrected rumors to tumors.

October 21st if I had to guess a number and a month

I'm gonna go with... (Dates set to Japan Time Zone)

NX announcement on October 18th, NX reveal on October 20th.

Everyone cries "Reveal the NX already!" on October 21st.

I heard the NX scans your house for VR hardware, destroys it, and then absorbs the leftover junk to repair itself. This is just a rumor though so take it with a grain of salt.

Dat price. Yeah fake. No way they'd price a handheld that high. $250 max. Even if its a hybrid its a handheld first and foremost since thats Nintendo's main market.

And a reveal so soon as next week? Please. We'll be lucky to get a reveal by end of 2019 at this rate. Its never coming. I should just go ahead and buy Hyrule Warriors on 2DS. At least thats a real thing. :(

First line of text isn't sarcastic. A handheld above $250 is DOA. Even $250 will be tough but I don't see it being cheaper.

So, are these analysts making guesses again?

Why not? I've been saying October 20th would be the day
No offense but people having been picking a date, wait for it not to be revealed, then pick a new date for weeks now. I mean eventually they'll be right, but then what's the point?

13ruce

Banned
I am beyond hyped for NX, and would literally purchase one right this second if it suddenly became available by surprise launch. Nintendo titles are gaming bliss, and I know I'm in the minority, but I love Nintendo hardware a ton. Excited is an understatement, but I thought this sort of shady "scoop" style article posting from largely unreliable sources wasn't allowed, and for good reason. I can understand a catch all "NX: Throw Shit At The Wall Until Something Sticks" thread, though.

I am thirsty as hell, so the sooner, the better.

Yeah that would be better, i also am massively excited also. i'm a huge nintendo fan too and i agree it would be way better if there was a thread for NX rumors because there is a new one within a day most of the time. And my thirst is also real!

And with a surprise launch i would surely get it Breath of the Wild is on the top of my list.

BuggyMike

I honestly can't either. This has sucked for the fans.

It really has lol, totally commend Nintendo for being able to keep a lid on the thing in this day and age but jeez. Sony fans get their shit fully leaked to hell and back, then get a full announcement confirming everything a short period later, Microsoft already gave the general specs for their next system and that's at the end of 2017. The types of leaks the NX gets is like, the logo color and other shit no one really cares about. If the system delivers though, the wait will have made it even better, I can say that.

Yeah that would be better, i also am massively excited also. i'm a huge nintendo fan too and i agree it would be way better if there was a thread for NX rumors because there is a new one within a day most of the time. And my thirst is also real!

And with a surprise launch i would surely get it Breath of the Wild is on the top of my list.
No joke, I'd literally buy that system with no games right now. It's such an auto purchase for me, even with zero real info on it. Then again, you are talking to someone who bought both Tekken 1, then Tekken 2 and didn't have a PlayStation until Tekken 3 came out lol

MuchoMalo

Banned
Remember, it's going to be called the "nintendo duo".

You have no idea how much I want that name to be true. It's so much better than the mostly agreed upon "Nintendo Go" by most people here since hardly anyone here actually thinks in terms of it being a hybrid instead of just a handheld playing console games.

BuggyMike

You have no idea how much I want that name to be true. It's so much better than the mostly agreed upon "Nintendo Go" by most people here since hardly anyone here actually thinks in terms of it being a hybrid instead of just a handheld playing console games.

I thought I loved the name "NX" but this wait has made me disgusted with the name :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom