• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Macquarie Report on NX: "Coming next week" (Take with a grain of salt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't worry about it.

KftpoOd.png

...you'd think I be here if it was that easy T___T

If the "next week" line came from the actual report...

Did anyone else read the article in the OP? It doesn't say "NX, being unveiled next week" it literally says "the NX, coming next week." Therefore if they actually have any legit info then that has to be a typo for "next year" because "coming next week" is completely different from "being unveiled/shown next week"... Something is weird about this report.

The reveal has become a meme at this point.

Is the investor meeting next week? If the machine is not delayed they may need to show it at this point.

I'm expecting it to be revealed next week, regardless of this rumor.

Nintendo wouldn't wait until the week of an investor's meeting to announce their new console, right?

right?

please be right, i've waited long enough

MrNineties

Just don't worry about it. I'm curious and eager, but I only rarely pop into NX threads. Keep your mind on other things and the wait will by over in no time.

Sagacious advice, however I'm trying the same thing and it's making me want the Wii U back in my life...

maxcriden

If there's a dock with a GPU which puts it over PS4 power (and thus making everyone happy), then sure. However, there's no evidence of that and I'd think that Nintendo would also have a package without the dock.

If the price is lower, you don't expect a separate SKU without a dock at launch, though, right?

Yes, YEEEEEEESSSSSS MY ACCOUNT WAS FINALLY ACTIVATED!!!!!! Hello, my now fellow NX-Gafers, I've been lurking every NX thread here for months, and I'm very happy to join the mostly pointless discussion! About this, I think it would have to be revealed next week in order to make in this month before the investor's meeting on the 26th. But I mean, it's supposed to have been revealed during every next week for the last 3 months, sooooooo...

Welcome!

He verified that that's what the original article said. People are now taking that to be some sort of confirmation of said article being right for some reason. The thirst is blinding people.

Thanks for the info. I don't understand why the hype would be so strong over a tweet confirming an analyst group's speculation, especially given the post on page one advising us to take it with a grain of salt due to incorrect info in the report.

You have no idea how much I want that name to be true. It's so much better than the mostly agreed upon "Nintendo Go" by most people here since hardly anyone here actually thinks in terms of it being a hybrid instead of just a handheld playing console games.

Yeah, I'm all for Duo. It's a great name. Almost as good as Nintendo Stay'r'Go, in fact.

What's Macquarie's track record?

Fantastic at organising private equity consortiums to buy and manage toll roads, shopping malls, airports, etc. Colloquially known as "the millionaire factory".
Don't know about their analysts for portfolio investment but they're not a small fry operation.

You have no idea how much I want that name to be true. It's so much better than the mostly agreed upon "Nintendo Go" by most people here since hardly anyone here actually thinks in terms of it being a hybrid instead of just a handheld playing console games.

I actually posted several months (edit: 1 month actually) ago here that I had a dream where it was named the Nintendo Duo, though duo was spelled weirdly, like how Wii was spelled. I knew that duo "leak" was fake instantly and I would be absolutely floored if that's the name they come up with. I'll try to find the post.

Edit: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=216267772 posting here in case I turn out to be a prophet.

Painguy

Its gonna be called the Nintendo DS( dual system ) and its gonna cause mass confusion among consumers thinking its an accessory for the 3ds or the OG DS.

This is the Nintendo thing to do. You know it to be true.

Its gonna be called the NEW Nintendo DS( dual system ) and its gonna cause mass confusion among consumers thinking its an accessory for the 3ds or the OG DS.

This is the Nintendo thing to do. You know it to be true.

Fixed.

But honestly, I don't think Nintendo will pull something like that! I think they're gonna put out a name to establish a new brand to go forward with.

MuchoMalo

Banned
If the "next week" line came from the actual report...

Did anyone else read the article in the OP? It doesn't say "NX, being unveiled next week" it literally says "the NX, coming next week." Therefore if they actually have any legit info then that has to be a typo for "next year" because "coming next week" is completely different from "being unveiled/shown next week"... Something is weird about this report.

The tweet was deleted, but ZhugeEX confirmed that it wasn't a mistranslation.

Still, it's an analyst who decided that Nintendo is doomed based on baseless pricing speculation.

I actually posted several months ago here that I had a dream where it was named the Nintendo Duo, though duo was spelled weirdly, like how Wii was spelled. I knew that duo "leak" was fake instantly and I would be absolutely floored if that's the name they come up with. I'll try to find the post.

Edit: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=216267772 posting here in case I turn out to be a prophet.

It's not fake! I don't want it to be...

The tweet was deleted, but ZhugeEX confirmed that it wasn't a mistranslation.

Still, it's an analyst who decided that Nintendo is doomed based on baseless pricing speculation.

My main point is the wording- "the NX, coming next week" which is a very odd way to say the reveal is coming next week. I don't see how that phrasing can mean anything other then "the NX is releasing next week" and since that's obviously nonsense, I'm theorizing that the original article (in Japanese) meant to say year instead of week.

Regardless of where the info came from the phrasing raises a red flag to me.

The most important thing is Paper Mario released in Japan now. It perfectly sets up the reveal next week.

every week is the perfect week

This is all just making GAF stronger. A couple more months of this and GAF will finally become numb to rumors completely.

Nintendo is actually blessing everyone with a wonderful gift.

Ogodei

Fantastic at organising private equity consortiums to buy and manage toll roads, shopping malls, airports, etc. Colloquially known as "the millionaire factory".
Don't know about their analysts for portfolio investment but they're not a small fry operation.

I knew they were a legit outfit, just whether anyone here at GAF knew about them pinging insider info from the gaming industry before. There are a lot of analysts out there who make good or less good educated guesses.

Of course, "next week" sort of goes beyond educated guess territory. Far too easy to get egg on your face that way when you could've covered your ass with "this fall."

bomblord1

Banned
Yes, YEEEEEEESSSSSS MY ACCOUNT WAS FINALLY ACTIVATED!!!!!! Hello, my now fellow NX-Gafers, I've been lurking every NX thread here for months, and I'm very happy to join the mostly pointless discussion! About this, I think it would have to be revealed next week in order to make in this month before the investor's meeting on the 26th. But I mean, it's supposed to have been revealed during every next week for the last 3 months, sooooooo...

What a time to join

GamerJM

Banned
I think it'll probably be revealed next week or the week afterwords regardless of whether this rumor has any basis behind it or not. It has to get revealed sometime soon. Nintendo isn't going to withhold information for literally ever. Worst case they announce a delay and then delve more into their 2017 3DS games sometime soon.

OCD Guy

While it might well be revealed next week, it honestly feels like we've had people tell us it'll be revealed "next week" for months.

At this stage it wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo announce that they'll give us more details about the NX next year lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom