• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Macquarie Report on NX: "Coming next week" (Take with a grain of salt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulzeeb

October 31st, it will be Nintendo's way of celebrate the dia de los muertos leting us know that even in dead theyll still be here with us

AndrewPL

Would expect a recorded direct before or during the shareholder meeting.

If not, wait until release where they drop it with no previous info released.

I'm guessing they will make the announcement during a weekday at some point during the year. There will be an announcement, and it will be about NX.

Guevara

This is just an investment bank's best guess.

Early this year, a different analyst at Macquarie predicted the NX would be $200 with AR features and smartphone integration.

BD1

Banned
There's no way they're revealing the console and only showing Zelda. Zero chance. They're going to come out swinging, or at least trying to swing.

I agree. Hence my point of it being non satisfying. I think they will reveal the name and the concept, but show nothing. Release some footage of Zelda to calm the wrath of the masses. Probably around the investor meeting.

The blowout would be later (January).

It's all I can do to wait for the meeting, since it's the only truly concrete thing coming up. It's like dormant hype. Grain of salt indeed for this report.

BuggyMike

What if the NX is already inside all of us, and Nintendo will just teach us how it bring it out.

Did anyone even think about that?

I can already tell you how this begins and ends. Nintendo will reveal that there are NX's intricately scattered around the world, and that we must all go on scavenger hunts to find them, but at the end of our long journey, we'll find that we had it in us all along.

Regiruler

I'm guessing they will make the announcement during a weekday at some point during the year. There will be an announcement, and it will be about NX.

Rest assured, Nintendo has every measure available to them to ensure that even the most general of predictions completely miss their mark.

jdstorm

Banned
Isn't the $300 rumor fake anyway? Why would anyone take that seriously?

300 was the upper range on what most have been predicting. The conversation centered around how much the NX would sell for vs How much power was required vs Size.

Seems like Nintendo is going to price higher and hopefully get 90% of all 3rd party games from a power standpoint.

ive forgotten the specifics (they are somewhere in one of the NX speculation threads) but if 300USD can be turned into 3 or 4 14nm pascal SMs they could get pretty close to making a portable Xbox 1 from a power standpoint

300 was the upper range on what most have been predicting. The conversation centered around how much the NX would sell for vs How much power was required vs Size.

Seems like Nintendo is going to price higher and hopefully get 90% of all 3rd party games from a power standpoint.

ive forgotten the specifics (they are somewhere in one of the NX speculation threads) but if 300USD can be turned into 3 or 4 14nm pascal SMs they could get pretty close to making a portable Xbox 1 from a power standpoint

portable in the 10lb Gaming Laptop with 1 hour gaming time sense?

cacildo

Next week: nothing

Investor meeting: we will talk about the Nx next year

256772.gif

Davey Cakes

The only reason I can see a reveal (or announcement of reveal) being next week is that Nintendo wants to at least get some info out ahead of their investor meeting.

It won't sell at 300 and they won't get third parties back.

TLZ

Banned
I actually posted several months (edit: 1 month actually) ago here that I had a dream where it was named the Nintendo Duo, though duo was spelled weirdly, like how Wii was spelled. I knew that duo "leak" was fake instantly and I would be absolutely floored if that's the name they come up with. I'll try to find the post.

Edit: http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=216267772 posting here in case I turn out to be a prophet.

Dream my ass! Just admit you're the leaker ;)

javadoze

the wii u is $300 too. nintendo won't market their ninth-gen system at a lower price than their eighth-gen one.

I think I've read somewhere that Nintendo didn't bother dropping the price of the WiiU because they consider the bundles with the system were something of a pricedrop already.

That said, I don't think the price of a prior console (especially one with a costly gimmick) would really affect the price of the NX, but rather defining it on its own terms.

Speely

Banned
The PS4 is 300. No way in hell they can compete if they price the NX like that.

A new product has different options for marketing than a familiar, existing product. Going too low can actually devalue a product in the eyes of consumers.

Granted, if Nintendo is trying to specifically and solely target the mobile market, $300 is perhaps unwise. But if they are trying to do something truly different, any speculation about price is absolutely just tales from asses until we know more.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sounds about right - think the plan was always to unveil its after Paper Mario Color Splash and PS VR launched.

Console will be priced 250 and include a game, just like the original Wii.

jdstorm

Banned
It won't sell at 300 and they won't get third parties back.

Lol. 10+ Million people bought a wii u despite large software droughts. A software library full of remasters, itterative entries and the market dropping it before it even launched.

If nintendo can get that audience to buy a NX in its first year with good first party software support that would be an acceptible start.

As for 3rd parties. They wont ignore a platform where they can turn a profit. Provided its easy enough (cost effective)port games to the NX they will be there

Lol. 10+ Million people bought a wii u despite large software droughts. A software library full of remasters, itterative entries and the market dropping it before it even launched.

If nintendo can get that audience to buy a NX in its first year with good first party software support that would be an acceptible start.

As for 3rd parties. They wont ignore a platform where they can turn a profit. Provided its easy enough (cost effective)port games to the NX they will be there

10 million is tiny. The Dreamcast sold 10 million and it killed Sega as a console maker. They sure as hell aren't going to get more than 10 million by overpricing the hardware again. You're acting like Nintendo can just press a "make Console sell" button that they forgot to press the last time. They can't get 3rd parties and 10 million+ without some sort of competitive advantage.

Sounds about right - think the plan was always to unveil its after Paper Mario Color Splash and PS VR launched.

Console will be priced 250 and include a game, just like the original Wii.
Yeah it makes sense for them to have waited until their last Wii U exclusive title released before announcing NX. Curious if they will anounce NX before the investors meeting or will give us a reveal date on the investors meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom