• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7 Part 1 - The Beginning - [S7 Part 2 begins April 5th]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sotha Sil

Back already, nice.

Can't believe we'll have to wait one year to find out whether Don Draper ends up being EmptyVessel.

HoJu

So as some of you might know Mad Men is one of my all time favorite shows, but this 7 episode - year long pause - 7 episode bullshit is fucking bullshit.

So I've decided to wait until it it's all over and just binge the last season.

So long brethren, have fun. See you in 2015
god dammit amc

Screen+Shot+2012-05-22+at+1.49.48+PM.png

just pretend that it's a shorter season.

Dennis

Banned
I am very skeptical of these super-positive first episode/first few episodes reviews that we always get with these popular shows.

Fact is, Mad Men has been on a long decline. Hopefully they can find some of that old magic but..........

Davey Cakes

I disagree wholeheartedly.
And I agree with your disagreement. If anything the show has consistent ups and downs, not just a downward decline.

S6 >= S5 and S4 > S3

S2 might still be the best.

There is no bad season.

Then again I'm one of the weirdos who thought Season 5 was really great. Ended up being rather divisive in the end, apparently.

I am very skeptical of these super-positive first episode/first few episodes reviews that we always get with these popular shows.

Fact is, Mad Men has been on a long decline. Hopefully they can find some of that old magic but..........
I agree that the show is not what it used to be, but Mad Men still has it IMO. Even season 6 still had some pretty darn good episodes.

Dennis

Banned
I agree that the show is not what it used to be, but Mad Men still has it IMO. Even season 6 still had some pretty darn good episodes.

Oh, I will definitely watch as well and I hope the positive reviews reflect a great final season. I just can't quite get as hyped as a few years ago.

noobasuar

Banned
Mad Men is the only show I feel like I can watch an indefinite amount of season of. Most other shows I get bored with them when they get to 5 or 6 seasons but I haven't felt that way with Mad Man and I wish it wasn't stopping at 7.

S2 might still be the best.
I always struggle trying to decide which season is my favorite out of 2, 3, and 4, but over time I've felt like Season 2 really struck a chord with me. That moment when
Duck sets Chauncey loose.

Solo

Love the first three seasons and think those were the best, thought 4 had several great individual episodes but overall was a step down, thought 5 was a huge drop and easily the weakest season, and thought 6 was an improvement back to about Season 4 levels.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I completely forgot about the drug episode. That was like unbelievable. That gif of the xacto knife...I can't watch it.

I went back and rewatched the first episode of S1 last night and man, Don looks so young and way less empty and hopeless. You can see that shit in his eyes.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
To be fair, it is probably Bob's fault Pete's mom is dead. Too bad Manolo didn't know the Campbell's were broke. I still love that last scene where him and Bud are like:

Bud: "Well if you think about it...it won't bring her back."

Pete: "....She always did love the sea."

I lmao every time.

To be fair, it is probably Bob's fault Pete's mom is dead. Too bad Manolo didn't know the Campbell's were broke. I still love that last scene where him and Bud are like:

I lmao every time.

lol, so fucked up

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

I lmao every time.

Pete is hilarious throughout the whole season. Kartheiser does a really underrated job with the character.

It had been so long between my watches of the last two seasons that I completely forgot Pete fucked Alexis Bleidel at the end of season 5 and she completely disappeared in S6. Did I forget something or was that just to show that Pete got off on fucking other dude's wives?

Con_Smith

Banned
It had been so long between my watches of the last two seasons that I completely forgot Pete fucked Alexis Bleidel at the end of season 5 and she completely disappeared in S6. Did I forget something or was that just to show that Pete got off on fucking other dude's wives?

Believe she was/went crazy or something. I know they explained her leaving just forget exactly why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom