• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7 Part 1 - The Beginning - [S7 Part 2 begins April 5th]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Don's gotta go, right?

I think Don is setting up California to be this savior for him when in reality he will be just as big of a miserable prick there as he was here. How many episodes until you see Don with his young piece of California side-ass? I sort of hope S7 is just more of a descent into lonely misery for Don instead of a redemption.

1Ns3Eql.png

Moff

I expect this to be better than the breaking bad finale, I am extremely pumped for this
but honestly splitting is is a huge downer, but at least it makes the last (for me) top tier tv show last another year.

I think Don is setting up California to be this savior for him when in reality he will be just as big of a miserable prick there as he was here. How many episodes until you see Don with his young piece of California side-ass? I sort of hope S7 is just more of a descent into lonely misery for Don instead of a redemption.

How long do you think before we see Don being a prick again though, if that does happen? Because if it happens within the first few episodes that would odd considering season 6 ended with Don embracing his past and opening up to his children.

That act alone hardly redeems Don, but it does seem to be the first step towards something better or more stable at least.

Don sliding into lonely misery though could still happen but for it to happen in the early episodes of the last season would seem bizarre considering season 6 ended on a somewhat hopeful note with Don showing his children his birthplace.

Although technically wasn't the whole slide into lonely misery, or just misery theme done in season 6 already, not to say you're wrong of course, but Don was in pretty bad shape in season 6.

Personally whether they go with redemption for Don or he fails to change and becomes more of a miserable prick, I'll be happy as long as its interesting and entertains me.

Nameless

I think I'm gonna go the season pass route on Vudu this season. Commercial's sully everything, especially nuanced, dialogue heavy shows like Mad Men.

Faddy

Banned
Believe she was/went crazy or something. I know they explained her leaving just forget exactly why.

Her husband sent her away to a clinic for electroshock therapy. Pete tracks her down but she doesn't remember him.

Pissed that the season is split, stupid AMC. Seven episodes in a year just isn't enough!

I'm actually happy about the split. This isn't a plot show, so we don't need to worry about cliffhangers and I don't ever feel that insatiable desire to watch the next one at the end, because it's more contemplative the majority of the time.

I'm sure it's gonna be a great season. I think season 6 was a bit of a step down from season 5, which was definitely my favourite season so far, but it hasn't lost any of the sense of quality and adult thematic endeavour that it's always had.

Sanic

Have a question for you guys. I just finished watching season 4 and i'm thinking of stopping there.

Not to sound callous, but I feel like "nothing" has happened throughout the first four seasons. Don's split with Betty had no impact, and minimal effect on anyone or thing. Outside of that, the show has felt more like a very plodding character study, and i'm still waiting for some kind of payoff. I appreciate it for what it is, but I feel like I set myself up for something that the show is not going to deliver.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'd stop if you aren't feeling it by now. There's no shocking shift in tone or dramatic increase in action or sudden gun play. If you've watched all the way up to season 4 you know what the show is about. If it's not for you, it's not for you.

CassSept

Yeah at that point I'd just drop it. I rode through the first seasons on hmmm... quality and magnetism of the early 60s? But! By early season 3 I found Mad Men really engaing and gripping. If you don't find it interesting after 4 seasons the show is just for you, no point in tormenting yourself just because the show is critically acclaimed.

Hazmat

Yeah, if you aren't feeling it after season 4, there's almost no chance that seasons 5 and 6 are going to convert you. Mad Men isn't for everyone.

Cider X

Season 6 was the weakest and a definite decline but this show is still one of the GOAT.
Hyped for the final season!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Hate the split, but looking forward to this season. Can't believe it's almost done. Gonna miss this show.

Desi

have been watching season 6 on netflix. Actually enjoying myself since I haven't liked a season since 3 (1-2 are Based).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom