• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3DS announced!

Ricky 7

I don't get why NoA doesn't do Special Editions like NoE? North America buys more Nintendo games then any other place so it really doesn't make sense.

zeldablue

BG097cd.png
It's not real, I just made it.

Neiteio

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, between Bayonetta 2 being a Top Five GOAT contender, the Mario Kart 8 DLC coming out next week (Mute City and Dragon Driftway feat. Gobblegut!), Smash Bros. WiiU coming out the week thereafter, Captain Toad looking FANTASTIC, Splatoon having a Portal-esque single-player infused with Galaxy-like creativity, the Pikmin shorts on the way (available in 3D -and- HD), and Majora's Mask getting a glorious remake on 3DS. Also, Amiibo are compatible with everything, four-player Waddle Dees in Rainbow Curse, and X has Los Santos-style suburbs to run around.

I'M FEELING OVERSTIMULATED AGAIN.

I'm almost glad they left out Wooly World because I think I would've passed out from the hype.

YES! YES!

Thank you, Nintendo! After all that teasing, you finally delivered!
I just love this game, it is such a departure from the common themes of the series, and the atmosphere feels so oppressive that it is something truly unique.

Now the wait for a new Nintendo 3DS Limited Edition...

Nia

@___@ Well okay...

I see you have Link surrounded by those masks from the Secret Shrine. Very nice. I've always been interested in that place. Those masks were the basis for a Zelda work of mine I've long been planning. (It is unfortunately in development hell.)

Neiteio

Those flips are so awesome. If you think about it MM Link is the strongest reincarnation of Link. Every other link is a farm boy at the beginning, but in MM Link has already defeated Ganon.
The flips are indeed awesome, but at the same time they're so "lol Japan," because only in Japan would someone risk breaking their neck all for the sake of The Rule of Cool

Not complaining, tho

Anth0ny

Those flips are so awesome. If you think about it MM Link is the strongest reincarnation of Link. Every other link is a farm boy at the beginning, but in MM Link has already defeated Ganon.

Exactly. He's the hero of time just walking around this new region, doing flips and shit. Dude saved the world and no one knows it.

poor hero of time

Yrael

@Zeldablue: Lovely artwork! I'd love to see more of those drawings.

...so does that mean our winter is your summer?

THIS IS BLOWING MY MIND.

And here I was impressed by the whole flushed-toilets-swirl-in-the-opposite-direction thing.

Here you go. :p

seasons.1.jpg

seasons.2.jpg

VARIA

Wasn't Zelda 2 Link the same character from Zelda 1 as well? And you can argue Zelda 2 Link is stronger since he kept his same body.

Porsche9146

Neo Member
This is all I've ever wanted and a special edition 3DS is what it'd take to get me to upgrade to an XL.

That special edition, though... What I wouldn't give for that.

Neiteio

MM is still the most atmospheric Zelda. Dark, surreal, dream-like, melancholic... It really, truly, owns its atmosphere. Iwata commenting on how the game is spooky, etc, and the off-kilter vibe of the trailer just goes to show they're aware that the game's unsettling strangeness is a big part of its charm.

I think it was Nintendo Power or EGM that once said MM is to OoT like Empire Strikes Back is to A New Hope. It's the darker, smarter, more emotional sequel. In fact, I'd say it's also the most emotionally resonant game in the series, and the only Zelda where there's a real sense of danger and urgency, where it feels like there are actual people and places to be saved, and meaningful work to be done.

Seriously, you guys who are new to Majora's Mask are in for a TREAT. :)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
This game is a remake or just a port? never played so it will be my first time in MM
Graphically enhanced and 3D and a smooth 30 fps. Whether you consider it a port or a remake seems to differ between users. There might be more new features we haven't been told about yet. Personally hoping for some master quest mode with rearranged dungeons.

zeldablue

The flips are indeed awesome, but at the same time they're so "lol Japan," because only in Japan would someone risk breaking their neck all for the sake of The Rule of Cool

Not complaining, tho

His flips actually propel him much further than his normal jumps in OoT. He's not just showing off. :p

I see you have Link surrounded by those masks from the Secret Shrine. Very nice. I've always been interested in that place. Those masks were the basis for a Zelda work of mine I've long been planning. (It is unfortunately in development hell.)

Yeah. I found it disturbing that there were nooses going through the eyes. Nintendo. Wtf.

Exactly. He's the hero of time just walking around this new region, doing flips and shit. Dude saved the world and no one knows it.

poor hero of time

That is really tragic. :S

How do you screw my favorite character up in all three timelines...?

Graphically enhanced and 3D and a smooth 30 fps. Whether you consider it a port or a remake seems to differ between users. There might be more new features we haven't been told about yet. Personally hoping for some master quest mode with rearranged dungeons.

Already buying this, but I've been wishing for a MM Master Quest mode foreverrrrrrr

Neiteio

The only thing I don't like it the clock meter. They should bring back the old one, tweak it a little (if they have to), and find a way to put it on the bottom screen.

This gif makes me so hyped every time I see it.
The new clock is great! Simple but effective -- three bars, one for each day, shaded accordingly, with the timer sliding along, and a moon or sun to indicate the time of day.

Speaking of the different days, one of my favorite touches was how it always rained on the second day. And Anju even walks around town with an umbrella. I love rain in videogames! Thus, it was great to know that I could enjoy rain just about anywhere on Termina on the second day. And I'm happy to see in the footage that the rainy second day is still intact. :)

JordanN

Banned
Gonna have to pick this up. Could never beat the Gamecube version because the game felt like it was runing at 5 fps.

MattyG

Banned
The new clock is great! Simple but effective -- three bars, one for each day, shaded accordingly, with the timer sliding along, and a moon or sun to indicate the time of day.

Speaking of the different days, one of my favorite touches was how it always rained on the second day. And Anju even walks around town with an umbrella. I love rain in videogames! Thus, it was great to know that I could enjoy rain just about anywhere on Termina on the second day. And I'm happy to see in the footage that the rainy second day is still intact. :)
I guess it is kind of nice in its simplicity. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Gartooth

I am so happy this game is getting a remake, it has been a long time coming. :)

Also the box art looks incredible. Of course I fully expect NoA to put a shitty gold color all over it at some point before release.

Top Bottom