• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man assault woman for disagreeing

MayauMiao

Disgusting behaviour of the so called male feminist.

Update:

A man has been arrested after allegedly kicking a woman at an anti-abortion rally in Toronto, police say.

Jordan Hunt, 26, turned himself in to police Saturday.

READ MORE: Man roundhouse-kicks anti-abortion advocate at Toronto protest

Police allege that Hunt approached a group of anti-abortion protesters on Sunday, Sept. 30 at about 2:30 p.m. in the area of Keele Street and Bloor Street West and began to scribble on their signs and clothing with a marker.

When he was confronted by one of the protesters, Hunt kicked her in the shoulder, knocking the phone from her hand, police said.

Video of the incident, shot by anti-abortion protester Marie-Claire Bissonnette, went viral on social media earlier this week.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4523757/...-kick-arrested/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:

subsmoke

I'm surprised that a man would be so strongly supportive of abortion that he would hit a woman for being against it. It doesn't even affect him.

By the way, it's funny watching morons carry signs that say "abortion is murder" or "abortion kills children".

But I still can't condone violence against those people.

brap

Banned
I swear male feminists are crazier than female feminists.

By the way, it's funny watching morons carry signs that say "abortion is murder" or "abortion kills children".

But I still can't condone violence against those people.
Yeah, it's funny how people have beliefs. What idiots.

Papa

Banned
Right? People riding on beliefs over facts make for quite the circus. ;)

I don’t think abortion is one of the issues where there are clear facts being ignored in favour of feels. It all comes down to what we define the point of life as, which I don’t think we can do from a first principles basis and so it ultimately comes down to personal belief.

Thurible

Here is some follow up on the incident.

"The man captured on video roundhouse-kicking a pro-life woman has been identified, and he’s lost his contract at a Toronto hair salon as a result."

What happened -

"Bissonnette (victim) approached Hunt (assaulter) while filming with her phone after he scribbled on Life Chain signs and on jackets of pro-life participants with a marker, she related in her LifeSiteNews account.
After a brief discussion, he suddenly roundhouse kicked her with lightning speed, knocking the phone out of her hand. He also tore a Campaign Life ribbon off her jacket before running off, Bissonnette related."

"Bissonnette says she intends to press charges, and is urging people to pray for Hunt."

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/man-who-roundhouse-kicked-pro-life-woman-identified-gets-fired

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinio...just-round-kicked-me-in-public-for-my-beliefs

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Something I'll never understand about the pro-life vs pro-choice debate is that there are many women on the pro-life side and yet it is always being framed as "anti-women". Women are disagreeing with other women. It's an issue that has become incredibly warped by certain media outlets pushing the (incorrect) narrative that a bunch of evil white dudes are trying to take away your abortions.

Oh, let me guess: the women have a "slave mentality" and are serving the patriarchy. Nice cliff-notes version of Nietzsche and Engles.

As a man, I have my personal beliefs on abortion but it's honestly not my business. Women do have the choice, including the choice to outlaw it for themselves.

Last edited:
Yeah, he definitely had no right to do that. That was just ridiculous.

Here's another story from today. People need to chill.

Thurible

GOSH! I just noticed he has a pentagram necklace. I doubt (and hope that he isn't) that he is a satanist, but that shows me to me that he probably doesn't respect people's religious beliefs, then again I don't know the guy.

lil puff

If I were talkimg to that guy, I gotta admit I would have been snook by that dropkick, I would not see as him as someone would would have done that.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Legalize weed and pardon minor drug-related offenses.

Increase prison time and penalties for public vandalism and violence for political reasons (this is known as 'terrorism', strictly speaking).

Empty our prisons of the most of the "druggies" (i.e. people with minor marijuana-related offenses) and fill our prisons with the rainbow-haired Antifa activists who resort to violence and public harassment (like what is currently going on in the streets and halls of DC. How is that not getting more news coverage?).

Checkmate.

lil puff

Legalize weed and pardon minor drug-related offenses.

Increase prison time and penalties for public vandalism and violence for political reasons (this is known as 'terrorism', strictly speaking).

Empty our prisons of the most of the "druggies" (i.e. people with minor marijuana-related offenses) and fill our prisons with the rainbow-haired Antifa activists who resort to violence and public harassment (like what is currently going on in the streets and halls of DC. How is that not getting more news coverage?).

Checkmate.
I think you mean more tough on hate crimes, which could be pulblic vandalism or political violence in certain contexts. I agree.

What will this guy get for drop kicking someone ?

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
"I meant to kick your phone"
Because that is so much more mature.

His snide question also displays a fundamental misunderstanding of the woman's views. She obviously believes it's murder, regardless of the circumstances surrounding the conception of the child. The argument is about when life starts.

Yeah, he definitely had no right to do that. That was just ridiculous.

Here's another story from today. People need to chill.

That is pure fucking insanity. You have clear video evidence of the guy being the adult in the room and treating this child appropriately, then she tries to fucking flee the courtroom with cops chasing her? And she gets to say "HE PUT HIS HAND ON ME!!!!", and the guy loses his job??? Something has to give here soon, this shit isn't going to fly much longer.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I think you mean more tough on hate crimes, which could be pulblic vandalism or political violence in certain contexts. I agree.

What will this guy get for drop kicking someone ?
I'm not trying to be trite, but I think quoting the definition helps:
Domestic Terrorism
the committing of terrorist acts in the perpetrator's own country against their fellow citizens.

"domestic terrorism plagued the country during a time of high political tensions"

Terrorism
the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Antifa are terrorists. You don't have to wear a turban and be a muslim in order to be a terrorist, in spite of how Fox News sometimes likes to say that's the case.

Violence for political aims is terrorism. The problem is both the Right and the Left have watered down the term so much to suit their political aims that no one remembers what that word means.

lil puff

I'm not trying to be trite, but I think quoting the definition helps:

Antifa are terrorists. You don't have to wear a turban and be a muslim in order to be a terrorist, in spite of how Fox News sometimes likes to say that's the case.

Violence for political aims is terrorism. The problem is both the Right and the Left have watered down the term so much to suit their political aims that no one remembers what that word means.
I am pretty much with this, it gets shady where we decide where there there are some bad seeds or whether we deem this a terrorist organization. And I think it is up to them to decide their fate.

Weiji

Banned
I actually find it annoying that he lost his job. It’s not related, business are just pussy as fuck these days.

That said he should be punished in a court of law. What he did was assault and should be treated as such.

lil puff

I actually find it annoying that he lost his job. It’s not related, business are just pussy as fuck these days.

That said he should be punished in a court of law. What he did was assault and should be treated as such.
it could affect coworkers and image, so I understand that part. You could say that if I went out and urined on a homeless, and it was caught on tape it should just "oh well we have one of these amongst us"

Papa

Banned
Something I'll never understand about the pro-life vs pro-choice debate is that there are many women on the pro-life side and yet it is always being framed as "anti-women". Women are disagreeing with other women. It's an issue that has become incredibly warped by certain media outlets pushing the (incorrect) narrative that a bunch of evil white dudes are trying to take away your abortions.

Oh, let me guess: the women have a "slave mentality" and are serving the patriarchy. Nice cliff-notes version of Nietzsche and Engles.

As a man, I have my personal beliefs on abortion but it's honestly not my business. Women do have the choice, including the choice to outlaw it for themselves.

It’s not anti-women, it’s anti-feminist. Many feminists arrogantly believe they speak for all women.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I am pretty much with this, it gets shady where we decide where there there are some bad seeds or whether we deem this a terrorist organization. And I think it is up to them to decide their fate.
Agreed! To me, it's more important to be harsh on terrorist behavior, not leaping straight to blaming whole organizations. If the organization itself has a ton of documented terrorist activity, sure, label it. But I'm more concerned about cracking down on the vigilante violence and keeping people safe. These are crimes and need to be harshly punished. We can't let people beat one another up over politics. It's anti-democratic and erodes freedom of speech.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not political at all. If I worked with a guy and found out he physically attacked someone for disagreeing with his views I wouldn't feel safe working with him. If I was his employer he'd be all liability to me because I'd never know what his chats with customers he's styling would lead to and I'd let him go. If you can't maintain the basic social contract of "don't attack each other," you can't be trusted with business contracts.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I would have pile drive'd him into that sidewalk so damned fast. Men? Is this the the society you want to live in? For abusers to hide within the guise of "progressive", just so they can overtly commit battery on women?

Nah man, it feels wrong to the soul if you have a shred of empathy to think it is okay to assault and battery a woman in anything but self defense. And even then there would be much greater restraint in me, than if it were another man.

Last edited:

lil puff

I would have pile drive'd him into that sidewalk so damned fast. Men? Is this the the society you want to live in? For abusers to hide within the guise of "progressive", just so they can overtly commit battery on women?

Nah man, it feels wrong to the soul if you have a shred of empathy to think it is okay to assault and battery a woman in anything but self defense. And even then there would be much greater restraint in me, than if it were another man.

The difference is this isn't an offensive tweet on the internet, or an alleged crime or something else along those lines. This is video evidence of someone roundhouse kicking someone with no provocation. That's a crime and it is caught on camera, done by a gleeful perpetrator

lil puff

Come back back work after assualting someone and what, next morning, bring coffee and donuts for the team?

Nymphae

Banned

I rarely hear people even admit they will hit a woman in self defense. It's always YOU CAN NEVER HIT A WOMAN. I say you can hit anyone that hits you first. Restraint is necessary obviously, but no one should get to hit other people without consequence.

lil puff

I have been in a situation and it's hard, but I try not to hit.

I have a mom, that would end up killing me.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

His now ex-employer don't want trouble for employing a violent worker.

hecatomb

Banned
Typical SJW behavior, always trying to solve everything with violence. That guy is lucky I wasn't there

Last edited:

lil puff

Even if someone else was hitting you? That seems a bit......extreme.
I really don't think I would be in this situation in the 1st place, so I am only speculating that I wouldn't to be fair.

But I believe that if my life was not threatened, I would probably either try to hold or run like a bitch because I don't want charges. I used to bench press a ton, so if i back my arm back to punch, I only have one speed.

Top Bottom