• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man takes selfie with 3yo black boy, makes racist jokes, gets fired & plays victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankir

Social media takes down another racist from the community. lol good glad everybody lost their jobs.

Think before you post, morons.

oneHeero

Treat typing something online on a message board or on a social media site the same as speaking in front of a room full of people you don't know well. You'd know better not to randomly spout idiotic shit in that situation either I'd hope.

I think the problem with that is people do that, they just whisper to their friends vs shouting it out to the whole room.

This is no different than being at the movies with friends and making a racist joke about someone you see, or being at a high school football game with friends etc, doesnt matter where. People will still make the jokes. Online they just assume no one will notice them saying it. It's pretty naive when you think about it.

Imm0rt4l

Not that I cheer people losing their jobs, but that Tim Zheng guy was talking crazy shit before he got fired by his company.

cqqwowuwgaawcvaw9ss4pnws7e.jpg
He went from that to this
nbd8w8pzzef.jpg

Comes across as very insincere. Also looks like he lost a very good job over this. What an idiot.

And now when employers google his name this shit will pop up.
Lmao

The sincerity

Mimosa97

People need to stop thinking that these people got fired because they made racist jokes. They got fired because they were OUTED and their story posts HEADLINES so the companies fired them as a PR move because they became a liability.

Whoever thinks that companies are censoring their employees is a moron. You can say whatever the fuck you want and your employer won't even care as long as it doesn't backfire on his company.

entremet

I have no sympathy for people like this.

People have to learn that you represent a company in public, like it or not.

There's always entrepreneurship if you want to say anything without losing your job. Works for Murdoch and Trump.

Yado

Not that I cheer people losing their jobs, but that Tim Zheng guy was talking crazy shit before he got fired by his company.

nbd8w8pzzef.jpg

Comes across as very insincere. Also looks like he lost a very good job over this. What an idiot.

lol @ the hashtags

People need to stop thinking that these people got fired because they made racist jokes. They got fired because they were OUTED and their story posts HEADLINES so the companies fired them as a PR move because they became a liability.

Whoever thinks that companies are censoring their employees is a moron. You can say whatever the fuck you want and your employer won't even care as long as it doesn't backfire on his company.

I don't think any company wants to hire racists no matter how skilled or talented they are.

Also who the fuck wants to work with racists? I sure as shit ain't going to work to be called a monkey every day. This was not just a PR move but simply the right call to make.

Mask

Facebook is good for stuff like this, exposing pieces of shit who think their racist posts stay private. It still surprises me how many people will say sick, racist or sexist stuff with their name prominently exposed, then act as if they've been victimised. Surprised he didn't pull out the old "mah privacy has been violated!" card too.

I like how Tim Zheng (in that bullshit "apology") tries invoking sympathy by talking about the hard road his family had immigrating here...sure pal, try playing that card. :|

I believe most HRs frown upon racism.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

If one of my employees was doing the exact same thing and I found out about it before he got caught, he would be having some very hard conversations. A corrosive racist has no place in our work environment.

You're correct that they may not have been fired if they weren't exposed to the rest of the world and created controversy, but ultimately they did get fired for being openly racist assholes. But then again, it was still a racist mocking of a coworker's son, and they might have been fired after being caught even if it wasn't publicly exposed.

Alebrije

I don't think any company wants to hire racists no matter how skilled or talented they are.

Also who the fuck wants to work with racists? I sure as shit ain't going to work to be called a monkey every day. This was not just a PR move but simply the right call to make.

There are tons of racist people working in all places but they are not stupid to express their opinions on Facebook or public.

There are also a lot of people that think they are not racists specially toward black people , they think being racist is be part of KKK, or return to the times where they had separated toilets and drinking stations. Like this :

140225_JURIS_WaterFountain1950.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

They do not think making jokes like the ones on this case are racist , are just "jokes". They are wrong and that is why they openly express that on Facebook.

Hope they learn the lesson.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!

nbd8w8pzzef.jpg

Went from racist O.G. to Oh Jesus, I lost my job.

Feel good story of the day.

If they don't call you monkey, they're not racist. "Feral" isn't racist! /s

The "right call" just happened to intersect with liability in this case. If it didn't blow up, no one would've given a shit and I bet shit like this happens multiple times a day.

LOLZ@Tim Zheng for being "one of the good ones." My peoples really piss me off sometimes. :(

Using a kid as a prop for a racist joke is just disgusting. That the kid is the son of a former coworker is nauseating, I would want to punch that guy out if he posted that abut my kid. So gross.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

nbd8w8pzzef.jpg

8yGpWzC.gif

He must have shit his pants when he learned he got fired.

I'm glad he got fired. It's time to punish people for being racist by ruining their lives, because racism itself has ruined people's lives.

Zaventem

Not at all, millions of people like this that we work with every single day.

What's incredible to me is the out right "bravery" that you think you can post like this in the open and not get caught, but i'm happy social media exist and things spread like wildfire. I think more racist should be open about the fact they are racist, we need more outcomes like this. Some folks hide it so well.

ffdgh

nbd8w8pzzef.jpg

You can really feel the insincerity. Also lol at the hashtags

What's incredible to me is the out right "bravery" that you think you can post like this in the open and not get caught, but i'm happy social media exist and things spread like wildfire. I think more racist should be open about the fact they are racist, we need more outcomes like this. Some folks hide it so well.

There's always more and it's always worse. This case just happened to go viral.

Parch

Social media really does bring out the stupid in people. Works almost too well.
e5YuU.gif
Stupid comments added to the stupid belief that only like-minded stupid people are going to see their stupid comments. And then they're shocked and angry that there are consequences for their stupid comments. I can only guess that these clueless people are either linking this to some sort of delusional "free speech" belief, or still think the internet is anonymous and for their friends only.

Social media is like a geiger counter for stupid. It's a world wide soap box and it's amazing how so many people are eager jump on top and expose their true character to the world.

Let's hope firing stupid people starts trending.

I think one thing certain people ITT readily forget is that racism is only ever a history thing - and since now is always now, we're never racisms yet!

If one of my employees was doing the exact same thing and I found out about it before he got caught, he would be having some very hard conversations. A corrosive racist has no place in our work environment.

I want to see a ViDoc about how you guys had to commission a racist in order to accurately write all the Space Bigots that exist in the Halo EU.

NeonBlack

Roth did not make matters better for himself when he went on Fox 5 to say the comments were taken out of context and that he'd been targeted, just like Cayden had.

Please explain how "I didn't know you were a slave owner" was taken out of context.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
If I ever saw this guy in person I would slap his ass all up and down the street. Good riddance and hope no one ever hires this bum.

jmood88

If they don't call you monkey, they're not racist. "Feral" isn't racist! /s

The "right call" just happened to intersect with liability in this case. If it didn't blow up, no one would've given a shit and I bet shit like this happens multiple times a day.

LOLZ@Tim Zheng for being "one of the good ones." My peoples really piss me off sometimes. :(
Based on the responses that story about the newspaper somewhere in Europe comparing the Obamas to monkeys, calling someone a monkey doesn't necessarily mean that they're racist. What if the person genuinely has monkey-like features and just happens to be black? The PC brigade is killing free speech.

Based on the responses that story about the newspaper somewhere in Europe comparing the Obamas to monkeys, calling someone a monkey doesn't necessarily mean that they're racist. What if the person genuinely has monkey-like features and just happens to be black? The PC brigade is killing free speech.

What are monkey like features?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom