• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT3| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignis Fatuus said:
For all intents and purposes he is, unless you're a cardboard cutout or one of those weird anime pillows.

You can really see Yui raping Keima? That image is just wrong.
He shows enough of a reaction to the girls to me to say he's not asexual. I guess it's just semantics. I understand what you mean.

Can't we all? Doesn't everyone think that's exactly how it would go down? I can't picture it any other way.

Master Milk said:
He shows enough of a reaction to the girls to me to say he's not asexual. I guess it's just semantics. I understand what you mean.

Can't we all? Doesn't everyone think that's exactly how it would go down? I can't picture it any other way.
Yui is like the nicest character there is, she's no rapist. She's definitely a top though.
Sex would probably involve a strap on.

GE 82

Another useless love interest that will add nothing important to the plot or the main characters? great.

Cage of Eden 90

I wonder what they'll find, the mangaka aready tease us enought about the fucking tower. At least the trap thing was pretty well played.IMO.

ollin

Relaxed Muscle said:
GE 82

Another useless love interest that will add nothing important to the plot or the main characters? great.

I think it's time to take a break from GE.

Sai said:
Why is Mr. T in Frogman? :I

I lol, just cause it was so random and out of no where.

Medaka Box

Kumagawa getting fucked up and fucking shit up in the same chapter. Awesome. Even without All-Fiction, he's pretty broken. Wonder what the group's not equals are.

Articalys

Ignis Fatuus said:
Mahou Sensei Negima 327 is out.

We now scan one half of the Mangafox Top 10.
So the delay between initial spoilers and full releases for all those series has been brought down to around 48 hours instead of the previous week or so?

And for Negima, I'm a little annoyed he decided to just dump Fate's entire backstory on us all at once instead of having revealed it bit by bit along the way. Especially for involving such a cliche scenario in his past to show how he isn't 100% so he can be "befriended."

Articalys said:
So the delay between initial spoilers and full releases for all those series has been brought down to around 48 hours instead of the previous week or so?

And for Negima, I'm a little annoyed he decided to just dump Fate's entire backstory on us all at once instead of having revealed it bit by bit along the way. Especially for involving such a cliche scenario in his past to show how he isn't 100% so he can be "befriended."
We get the raws at the same time as the spoilers. The delay this week was due to various reasons that will probably not be repeated again. As a matter of fact, the spoilers that circulated this week were based off of our raws. :lol

Azure J

cosmicblizzard said:
Medaka Box

Kumagawa getting fucked up and fucking shit up in the same chapter. Awesome. Even without All-Fiction, he's pretty broken. Wonder what the group's not equals are.

I really love this guy, which is insane considering how much I fucking hated him when we was playing antagonist.

Articalys

Ignis Fatuus said:
We get the raws at the same time as the spoilers. The delay this week was due to various reasons that will probably not be repeated again. As a matter of fact, the spoilers that circulated this week were based off of our raws. :lol
By the way, as the very last event at Fanime this weekend they had a charity auction for signed drawings gathered by one of the guests, illustrator Mamoru Yokota, from his colleagues.
One of them was a signed sketch of Keima and Elsie by Tamiki Wakaki. I didn't stick around for the auction so I have no idea how much it fetched.

Z8MrK.jpg

There were a lot of other cool things too, like a Kenshin sketch from Watsuki.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Relaxed Muscle said:
GE 82

I enjoy the other love interests much more than Kurokawa. She is stuck up her own ass, has problems and provides no way to get over them. She has turned so bad, she makes Utsemi miserable.

I enjoy other characters getting into the mix because I hope Kurokawa will see them and snap out of her shit and be a good character for Utsemi (who is a genuinely good lead for once).

Shouta

Utsemi isn't too bad of a lead aside from his stupid inability to make himself clear. If he was upfront with a lot more stuff, the manga would probably be way more interesting.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Shouta said:
Utsemi isn't too bad of a lead aside from his stupid inability to make himself clear. If he was upfront with a lot more stuff, the manga would probably be way more interesting.

If this happened, the manga would have been over in like 20 chapters. lol

Wait, WTF? Bring back the Gotoh avatar or some other PatLabor related one foolio!

Lain

Shouta said:
So true.
I could still understand that he needed to "grow up" many chapters ago, even after having conquered his insecurities when he was in love with the shorty, but then there is a constant character regression over the most silly stuff.

Azure J

Headstrong Utsumi would probably be like a non-combative version of the lead from Unbalance x Unbalance....

Hmm, maybe the story would be better that way. :lol

Ugh, I just read Negima and found a bunch of unacceptable grammatical mistakes still in there.

This proofreader is not going to work out.

Kettch said:
Wow, you guys are doing pretty much every weekly series that I follow now, besides One Piece. Great news.
Thanks.

smurfx

get some go again
Ignis Fatuus said:
Ugh, I just read Negima and found a bunch of unacceptable grammatical mistakes still in there.

This proofreader is not going to work out.

Thanks.
if you guys ever decide to do a new manga then please think of princess ressurection.

Shouta

Kintaro said:
If this happened, the manga would have been over in like 20 chapters. lol

Then he could face the question of who he really wants to be with in the manga. I mean, in most cases it's obvious but at least make a case for each girl for the lead rather than have them just rub up on him or something. Then again, if that happened, we'd have to stop calling it shounen!

smurfx said:
if you guys ever decide to do a new manga then please think of princess ressurection.
The history of me and GAF requests is long and storied and did not end well. Besides, we're pretty much stretching peak capacity right now. We have eight weeklies, which I think is more than anyone else. Mangastream might rival us but I'm too lazy to check.

Solune

smurfx said:
Halibut does a good job anyways. They are only 1 volume behind tank scans, I would like more translated chapters but it's bad to rush a monthly series anyways. It'll just make the wait that much longer.

Solune said:
Halibut does a good job anyways. They are only 1 volume behind tank scans, I would like more translated chapters but it's bad to rush a monthly series anyways. It'll just make the wait that much longer.
Halibut is on it? Then we wouldn't touch it anyway. No desire for beef with FTH.

Not because they could do anything about it, but because we're not bullies.

smurfx

get some go again
cosmicblizzard said:
Claymore vol 9

24 claymores in one place? Oh boy, this is gonna be a clusterfuck of lookalikes. I'm sure many will be picked off, but still...
rigardo is awesome.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i'd put teresa over priscilla. priscilla starts confused and axe crazy and just devolves into a mildly retarded tsundere.

Received the terrible email that both my orders of Sekaiichi Hatsukoi v1 and Qwaser of Stigmata v3 and v4 were canceled by Amazon...I miss Tokyopop now. I hope someone at least picks up Qwaser, Katja was just introduced too.

Medaka Box
Been marathoning it the past week. I'm up to around chapter 60 where Kumagawa just showed up. All of a sudden I was completely confused. -13 class? Kumagawa's abnormality? Maybe it was because I was reading it while falling asleep but I was lost.

Cage of Eden
Interested in what will be found under the tower. Only thing I can think of is some signs of life that is now either dead or gone due to whatever is underground being buried. Glad it didn't draw out the people disappearing too long though.

upandaway

Medaka

I love the end. Kumagawa, you pro. You pro.

Ikkyuu

This was, like, infinitely better than the one-shot. I like.

It wasn't even pun-based, really, so it translated well.

Ignis Fatuus said:
The history of me and GAF requests is long and storied and did not end well. Besides, we're pretty much stretching peak capacity right now. We have eight weeklies, which I think is more than anyone else. Mangastream might rival us but I'm too lazy to check.

Moonlight Mile man though i may the only one that would read it. :(

:p

RepairmanJack said:
Medaka Box
Been marathoning it the past week. I'm up to around chapter 60 where Kumagawa just showed up. All of a sudden I was completely confused. -13 class? Kumagawa's abnormality? Maybe it was because I was reading it while falling asleep but I was lost.

It think that as to do with the whole "plus", "minus" and "not equal" classes?

Need to check this out one day as well.

Infinite Justice said:
It think that as to do with the whole "plus", "minus" and "not equal" classes?

Not real sure. Don't think I'm far enough for any kind of explanation yet. From what I remember it was the first talk of any minus class, I think that's why I was confused. Definitely liking the series so far though, not sure why some didn't like the transition to battle manga. I thought the old style was interesting but would have gotten boring fast.

Cwarrior

51 WAYS TO PROTECT YOUR LOVER

is racism a big thing in japan?

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/51_ways_to_protect_your_lover/v03/c027/18.html
morpheus is that you(guy even talks like him) and rapist guy looked really cool

Kintaro said:
I enjoy the other love interests much more than Kurokawa. She is stuck up her own ass, has problems and provides no way to get over them. She has turned so bad, she makes Utsemi miserable.

I enjoy other characters getting into the mix because I hope Kurokawa will see them and snap out of her shit and be a good character for Utsemi (who is a genuinely good lead for once).

She there for the sole purpose of making this manga go on forever, bitch sends main guy on FETCH QUEST for god sake a fetch quest, so that on his 4 confession is official or something idiotic like that.

kurokawa from the one shot is quite different then the one from the manga(devil woman)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom