• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT3| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This is the thread to discuss manga and manga related things.... (PART III)

Simple rules to follow so we can discuss our favorite mangas easily:

In bold, put the name of the series. Then you can go ahead and discuss whatever is on your mind without tags, okay? Make sure there is a space between the bolded name of the series and your text. Here's an example:

Hunter X Hunter

It rules and I don't know why!

Okay. Again, another warning. We will discuss all the mangas in one topic with no tags. If you don't want to be spoiled by the chapter as soon as the translation is out, do not come in here. Also, since we are not talking about the anime, you can mention new episodes without tags either since they are always behind or are filler. You should know well enough not to come in here not wanting to be spoiled but bolding the header should help out even more.

Again, No Spoiler marks needed, that is the benefit of coming here.​

1st thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216788
2nd thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400952

Another week, another Bleach chapter delay, guess I will continue to be amazed at the fact that the animators captured the essence of the downfall of Aizen excellently, truly epic. Too bad Viz wont even get to the chapters until like 4 years from now, :( so I cant even reread it.

tumblr_lgoq47Zn0i1qg1d7t.gif

tumblr_lgnvkvhvP21qgk5p1o1_400.gif

CoolS

Fidelis Hodie said:
start this off right:

i need one piece now!! i'm suffering withdrawals.
Judging from the spoilers, I'd say a rather big flashback has already been set-up.
Not sure if I like that, I'd rather see more Strawhat shenenigans right now. But oh well, we all knew it was coming.

Still looking forward to how this arc will turn out :)

CoolS said:
Judging from the spoilers, I'd say a rather big flashback has already been set-up.
Not sure if I like that, I'd rather see more Strawhat shenenigans right now. But oh well, we all knew it was coming.

Still looking forward to how this arc will turn out :)

One Piece is going into another flashback?! What, completely unnecessary?

CoolS

Dedication Through Light said:

Not yet, but it's clearly set up I think. And it is not all that surprising, considering that every big arc had some flashback chapters.

Steroyd

Ah, if only the Post New Thread button didn't instill so much fear into me.

Kreed said:
smh, we need a new Full Metal Alchemist.

To be fair the big 3 would generally get discussed at around this time anyway.

TWGOK and Beelzebub have already been released, and Fairy Tail is over the weekend.

Dresden

Medaka Box is the best thing running in SJ anyways.

Medaka Box 83:

TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL

TRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL

Glorious.

Shouta

So I've caught up with Naruto and I swear it's moving at a snail's pace, needs more fighting and less talking. Then again, I'm used to reading everything through tankoubans so reading individual chapters is killer. That aside, the flitering/editing on most manga I see online hurts my eyes soooo much when reading for too long.

Steroyd

Oh now a mod pops up.

In terms of plot advancement I'd agree and say Naruto is moving at a snails pace, but it's not moving too slow going from fight to fight of people I don't really care about.

It's a conflicting feeling I've got watching this arc, while I've been yearning for variety outside of Naruto's Kage Bunshin rasengan spamming, this war isn't doing it for me either. :|

Shouta

I don't mind this Ninja war, I just wish he'd let us see the characters that were supposed to care about fighting rather than these random schmucks.

Shouta said:
I don't mind this Ninja war, I just wish he'd let us see the characters that were supposed to care about fighting rather than these random schmucks.
I'm sure we'll get there eventually. The different major character match-ups will probably be coming up soon.

CoolS

Steroyd said:
Oh now a mod pops up.

In terms of plot advancement I'd agree and say Naruto is moving at a snails pace, but it's not moving too slow going from fight to fight of people I don't really care about.

It's a conflicting feeling I've got watching this arc, while I've been yearning for variety outside of Naruto's Kage Bunshin rasengan spamming, this war isn't doing it for me either. :|

Yes, especially with fights like the current one. I have no idea who THE FUCK these guys are. At least the last ones had some recognizable faces in there, but this one? It's some cloud(?) ninja vs some suppossedly legendary ninja brother duo we never heard of before but who even fought the Kyuubi...

MrSerrels

I agree about the Ninja War. Finding it frustrating, but I recognise the bigger picture. Hopefully this is a build towards something awesome.

smurfx

get some go again
speak for yourself. i want to know how fisher tiger died and how everything has gone down at fishman island. don't want the flashback right now but i want it at some point. anyways i'm hoping luffy finds jimbei and we get to know why he doesn't want luffy to fight hodi. if its because hodi is very powerful and beat jimbei then jimbei is definitely joining the strawhats since luffy will end up defeating hodi and jimbei won't be more powerful than luffy anymore.

Dresden

wall of, etc
cosmicblizzard 919
upandaway 916
Infinite Justice 827
flintstryker 702
mysticwhip 552
Angry Grimace 539
Ignis Fatuus 492
Dresden 471
watervengeance 443
God's Beard 441
flawfuls 411
brotkasten 370
Griffith 336
Halycon 335
Freshmaker 325
Lain 295
InfiniteNine 295
Himuro 283
Dedication Through Light 275
Kenak 260
Vox-Pop 246
gundamkyoukai 243
Nocebo 241
Drkirby 229
Kusagari 222
Stat Flow 210
Kave_Man 207
Steroyd 193
Wiseblade 191
smurfx 158
AzureJericho 154
EmCeeGramr 152
Yoboman 146
Lirlond 144
Crakatak187 137
El Sloth 134
Bisnic 125
Kreed 121
Pandaman 121
Ezalc 120
Solune 117
Nolan. 115
TacticalFox88 105
That Singer Guy... 103
ILikeFeet 101
DonMigs85 101

smurfx said:
speak for yourself. i want to know how fisher tiger died and how everything has gone down at fishman island. don't want the flashback right now but i want it at some point. anyways i'm hoping luffy finds jimbei and we get to know why he doesn't want luffy to fight hodi. if its because hodi is very powerful and beat jimbei then jimbei is definitely joining the strawhats since luffy will end up defeating hodi and jimbei won't be more powerful than luffy anymore.

I think its just too soon for more flashback, we havent even had a high climax moment since the Luffy x Ace x Sabo flashback incident. Its supposed to be a series of over the top high climax action, but its focusing too much on creating the largest cast of characters for a single series. Though I do wanna seen Jimbei!

Ferga

Another week, another Bleach chapter delay, guess I will continue to be amazed at the fact that the animators captured the essence of the downfall of Aizen excellently, truly epic. Too bad Viz wont even get to the chapters until like 4 years from now, :( so I cant even reread it.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgoq47Zn0i1qg1d7t.gif
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgnvkvhvP21qgk5p1o1_400.gif

wow that really does look good. looks like i should catch up on the anime then.

Steroyd

I think its just too soon for more flashback, we havent even had a high climax moment since the Luffy x Ace x Sabo flashback incident. Its supposed to be a series of over the top high climax action, but its focusing too much on creating the largest cast of characters for a single series. Though I do wanna seen Jimbei!

And you rated Naruto and Bleach above One Piece because...

exarkun

What? A new thread? Is it cause the other one was too big?

Also, I hear hunter x hunter might come back eventually. Soonish. Maybe.

Steroyd said:
And you rated Naruto and Bleach above One Piece because...

Naruto always delivered the action, it was bam, Naruto v Pain, bam, Sasuke v Kages, bam, Sasuke v Danzo, bam, Kisame v Bee, bam, Naruto v 9 tails, well thats where Im at. Whats happened in One Piece in the same time frame....Luffy crying, flashback, barely any fighting on the way to fishman isles, barely anything on the isles...In Bleach, there is just non stop high climax action too. I just want action in my One Piece.

CoolS

smurfx said:

I still think it is not a strength thing but something that has to do with the whole fishman/human dilemma, maybe even with the fall of Arlong.

And i still think Jenbe is stronger than a lot of people think.

I am not saying we will get a flashback right now, just that it is apparent from the chapter what it will be about and that it will come sometime this year (my guess).

exarkun said:
Also, I hear hunter x hunter might come back eventually. Soonish. Maybe.

Where did you hear that. I really, really hope it does come back soon.
for like two months :(

Naruto always delivered the action, it was bam, Naruto v Pain, bam, Sasuke v Kages, bam, Sasuke v Danzo, bam, Kisame v Bee, bam, Naruto v 9 tails, well thats where Im at. Whats happened in One Piece in the same time frame....Luffy crying, flashback, barely any fighting on the way to fishman isles, barely anything on the isles...In Bleach, there is just non stop high climax action too. I just want action in my One Piece.
As much as I think OP is overrated, OP has been awesome these past weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom