• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT3| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolS

Dedication Through Light said:
Naruto always delivered the action, it was bam, Naruto v Pain, bam, Sasuke v Kages, bam, Sasuke v Danzo, bam, Kisame v Bee, bam, Naruto v 9 tails, well thats where Im at. Whats happened in One Piece in the same time frame....Luffy crying, flashback, barely any fighting on the way to fishman isles, barely anything on the isles...In Bleach, there is just non stop high climax action too. I just want action in my One Piece.

But we basically had non stop action all the time before in One Piece. Shanabody, Amazon Lily to a lesser extent and then Impel Down and the war. Oda always likes to balance this stuff out and imo always did that in the past. But I agree that since the war the hasn't been to much action.

TacticalFox88 said:
As much as I think OP is overrated, OP has been awesome these past weeks

What One Piece have you been reading? Tying up the weak Neptune, Luffy being in the large princess's bosom, and strawhats shopping, is far from what I imagine "awesome" to be...

Entropia

No One Remembers
What One Piece have you been reading? Tying up the weak Neptune, Luffy being in the large princess's bosom, and strawhats shopping, is far from what I imagine "awesome" to be...

I don't know about you - but bouncing around on a mermaid's breasts is pretty damn awesome.

smurfx

get some go again
i've totally loved the chapters since they got to fishman island.

Wiseblade

Yeah, but you think Bleach is the pinnacle of the comic medium. Which pretty much invalidates your opinion. :p

flawfuls

Shinigami-sama ni Saigo no Onegai wo Volume 1

Hahaha this is a blast. The pacing is great, there are awesome plot every few pages and everyone is an insane psycopath. When I got to this page(spoiler) I already knew that this would one of the best shounen manga ever.

Lirlond

I'm going to try and at least be a runner in the race this time.

Have Mangastream stopped scanning SE: NOT! ?, haven't seen it up, and they did SE not too long ago.

TacticalFox88 said:
And still proudly do so!

Its actually shocking that people wouldnt champion Bleach...
tumblr_lgqhsiiKwD1qaxevco1_400.gif

I mean, after years of building up the greatest villain known in manga history and seeing his downfall, it just blows my mind that people wouldnt...

RagnarokX

I mean, after years of building up the greatest villain known in manga history and seeing his downfall, it just blows my mind that people wouldnt...
Because it was a pretty big anticlimax? They build this up for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than it needed to be and then Ichigo gets a deus ex machina right before the final battle and finishes it all with the lamest looking final attack ever; ink spill.

Wow, insulting One Piece and championing Bleach in only two pages. Not a good start, thread.

Also, Aizen is garbage and you know it.

Trickster

Anonymous Tipster said:
Wow, insulting One Piece and championing Bleach in only two pages. Not a good start, thread.

I don't know man, I think he just enjoys action filled manga and anime, and don't give a shit whether it makes sense or not.

Eh, to each their own I suppose.

It reminds me when people were crying foul at the One Piece flash backs right after the war arc, simply because they weren't the war or the crew reunited. They were interesting, but since it's not what they wanted they were 'boring and lame'.

People!

I'm actually surprised they didn't make the fight longer. So much potential wasted in my opinion.

RagnarokX said:
Because it was a pretty big anticlimax? They build this up for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than it needed to be and then Ichigo gets a deus ex machina right before the final battle and finishes it all with the lamest looking final attack ever; ink spill.

Come on, I dont think it was an anticlimactic event. Everyone I saw was going crazy over Mugetsu Ichigo and thought it was an awesome moment indeed. That aside, even with that happening, Aizen was ultimately still not defeated by Ichigo, as I think I predicted way back then. Werent you glad that he wasnt, and glad for Urahara being the one to truly save the day and stop Aizen?! Now that was unexpected!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
A new OT3. How exciting. I look forward to discussion, flaming, hating, and dickriding.

Of course, the day we get a new OT is when Jump is delayed. Goddamnit.

Kusagari

Anonymous Tipster said:

Aizen was the only thing that made Bleach readable.

smurfx

get some go again
i don't know whose defeat was more anti-climatic. aizens or orochimarus. orochimaru was build up for half of the manga and then becomes sasuke's and itachi's bitch. aizen was the ultimate boss and then has a cheap ass defeat. bah who cares i want hunter x hunter to come back. :( i miss hisoka.

smurfx said:
i don't know whose defeat was more anti-climatic. aizens or orochimarus. orochimaru was build up for half of the manga and then becomes sasuke's and itachi's bitch. aizen was the ultimate boss and then has a cheap ass defeat. bah who cares i want hunter x hunter to come back. :( i miss hisoka.
Aizens definately, Orochimarau was a shadow of his potential whereas Aizen was at his most hax. I havent really liked anything in HxH since the end of greed island other than a few of the powers shown.

Noshino

Naruto always delivered the action, it was bam, Naruto v Pain, bam, Sasuke v Kages, bam, Sasuke v Danzo, bam, Kisame v Bee, bam, Naruto v 9 tails, well thats where Im at. Whats happened in One Piece in the same time frame....Luffy crying, flashback, barely any fighting on the way to fishman isles, barely anything on the isles...In Bleach, there is just non stop high climax action too. I just want action in my One Piece.

wait what?.... you really think that there is more action on Naruto and Bleach than in One Piece?....

Buahaha, I mean, sure, Oda could always extent every single freaking page and make a whole chapter out of each....and it would probably still have more action/story than Naruto and Bleach

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm enjoying Bleach, One Piece, and Hitman Reborn right now. In Naruto, I don't know what the fuck is happening nor do I really care about any of the characters that have been shown in the last 10 chapters... (Minus Gaara and Kakashi, and even then his battle against Zabuza was lame). This war is turning out to be a clusterfuck that makes no sense, the only thing good has been the art, and even that fell short in the last chapter. Speaking of that last chapter, that truly accentuated the clusterfuck-ness of this war.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kumagawa is the ultimate troll in manga.

Aizen is nothing compared to him.

lol hyping up monocle, no way he can be worse than Kumagawa.

I can't fathom how any one in their right mind would even entertain the thought of Aizen being the greatest villain of all time.

I think you guys need to read some mangas like say Grappler Baki and Baki Son Of Ogre Hanma Yujiro shits on Aizen from a great distance.

Seriously though Bleach is waaaaaaaaaay too slow for me to take it seriously and the fights are generally boring as fuck, which means i am far from glad that there is a lot of it, Naruto is better in that regard however i am still angry that they disregard the best Villain they had (Orochimaru) for some retarded eye fetish freak.

Fairy Tail was just basically the same shit every arc and was starting to fail me as the third rate One Piece wannabe that it is so i stopped reading it.

Hitman Reborn was just flat out uninteresting in the future arc after they found out that they were being dicked around by a guy to prepare them for the real white hair dude family or some shit.

Kekaishi - i stopped reading because i like it and wanted a lot to marathon whenever i start it back.

See the problem i have with at lot of these shonen mangas is that even though they have a lot of action, the actions are generally too frigging boring for me to give a damn, which is why i generally love One Piece as the buildup towards the big actions are generally great enough for me to care about why they are fighting this guy they are currently fighting.

CoolS

flintstryker said:
See the problem i have with at lot of these shonen mangas is that even though they have a lot of action, the actions are generally too frigging boring for me to give a damn, which is why i generally love One Piece as the buildup towards the big actions are generally great enough for me to care about why they are fighting this guy they are currently fighting.

Nicely put.

One Piece always gives us a good reason for the fights and we always now why it is happening and what the opponents motivations are. That's another reason it is my favourite Manga right now.

Dresden

Zoe said:
Cool, I dodged the wall of shame!
By one post, even.

Halycon said:
Kumagawa is the ultimate troll in manga.

Aizen is nothing compared to him.

lol hyping up monocle, no way he can be worse than Kumagawa.
All-Fiction is pretty much a giant troll on every retcon ever.

Nocebo

Reading Bleach is what I imagine it's like to be old, dying and suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
Everything feels like it moves in slowmotion, you can't help but get a feeling of Déjà vu, there is nothing to look forward to and ultimately you just want it to be over, you keep thinking of the past and how things used to be better, there's all these new people around you but you don't know who the hell they are nor do you care etc.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Anonymous Tipster said:

They be hatin, I be smirkin'.

Haly

Dresden said:
All-Fiction is pretty much a giant troll on every retcon ever.
Nisio: With this plot device I can do whatever the fuck I want! Fuck yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Seeing him get his ass kicked was the highlight of the series.

Dresden

Halycon said:
Nisio: With this plot device I can do whatever the fuck I want! Fuck yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Monocles better be Kumogawa.

"You thought I was reconstructing my personality? LOLOLOLOL"

Haly

Watch the council win and he's all like "I made your victory become nothing".

Trollol

Noshino said:
wait what?.... you really think that there is more action on Naruto and Bleach than in One Piece?....

Buahaha, I mean, sure, Oda could always extend every single freaking page and make a whole chapter out of each....and it would probably still have more action/story than Naruto and Bleach

Oda needs to condense the chapters or at least be more focused on the events in the chapters. If it wasnt for the greatly designed environments then I would probably be up in arms about the pacing and the lack of consistent action in the series.

The build up to any sort of fighting in One Piece is, for example in this arc, extremely slow and unfocused, actually I dont even know what Luffy and co would be fighting for at this point. The plot is too complex and Ive completely lost focus.

Bleach had for the past 200 chapters (since Ichigo faced Grimmjow in Hueco Mundo), consistently, fight after fight after fight after fight, I think this arc has been the longest its been without any (if we ignore the Uryu incident and the panic at the dollhouse).

Nocebo said:
Reading Bleach is what I imagine it's like to be old, dying and suffering from Alzheimer's disease.
Everything feels like it moves in slowmotion, you can't help but get a feeling of Déjà vu, there is nothing to look forward to and ultimately you just want it to be over, you keep thinking of the past and how things used to be better, there's all these new people around you but you don't know who the hell they are nor do you care etc.

Slowmotion?! What, everything feels as if it moves refreshingly fast, even reading a chapter feels like it moves too fast. I know in the past, so much would be covered that I would be shocked I finished reading it in under two minutes. (well in this arc Kubo has enhanced the writing by using exhaustive explations). Slowmotion, its only taken Ichigo three chapters to gain his powers back in this "training arc," now that isnt slow at all.

flawfuls

Hadou no Mon

Nice, a Yakuza that isn't super old. It's weird how few real Yakuza manga there are. It's great stuff, the writing is good and it's as manly as you would expect. My only complaint is that it's seems kinda racist.

Noshino

CoolS said:
Nicely put.

One Piece always gives us a good reason for the fights and we always now why it is happening and what the opponents motivations are. That's another reason it is my favourite Manga right now.

Great art style, memorable characters, well paced, less predictable than most mangas and how small events or small details that are usually overlooked are actually brought up later on (I love this, it makes me go back and review previous chapters).

Those are the reasons as to why I like One Piece more than the rest.

CoolS

Noshino said:
Great art style, memorable characters, well paced, less predictable than most mangas and how small events or small details that are usually overlooked are actually brought up later on (I love this, it makes me go back and review previous chapters).

Those are the reasons as to why I like One Piece more than the rest.

Those are the two features I wish mor manga would have.

You can almoste NEVER predict what is going to happen next with Oda's writing (maybe with the exception of WB dying) and even the tiniest thing can become relevant in the future. On of my favourite examples is Rayleigh.

Noshino

Oda needs to condense the chapters or at least be more focused on the events in the chapters. If it wasnt for the greatly designed environments then I would probably be up in arms about the pacing and the lack of consistent action in the series.

The build up to any sort of fighting in One Piece is, for example in this arc, extremely slow and unfocused, actually I dont even know what Luffy and co would be fighting for at this point. The plot is too complex and Ive completely lost focus.

Bleach had for the past 200 chapters (since Ichigo faced Grimmjow in Hueco Mundo), consistently, fight after fight after fight after fight, I think this arc has been the longest its been without any (if we ignore the Uryu incident and the panic at the dollhouse).

Yah, if you think that One Piece needs to be condensed (lol, how much more condensed do you want it to be?) yet like the fact that Ichigo has been fighting all this time with the story not developing much at all... something is wrong with you @_@

Slowmotion?! What, everything feels as if it moves refreshingly fast, even reading a chapter feels like it moves too fast. I know in the past, so much would be covered that I would be shocked I finished reading it in under two minutes. (well in this arc Kubo has enhanced the writing by using exhaustive explations). Slowmotion, its only taken Ichigo three chapters to gain his powers back in this "training arc," now that isnt slow at all.

It does feel like slowmotion, the story is horribly paced. Im a big believer that Bleach could fit on a children's book...

PS: Technically, we could say that at the very least, the "training arc" began on 431 with "Our purpose is to restore your shinigami powers"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Something needs to happen in Fairy Tail, Naruto or Bleach that isn't boring as shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom