• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasane

Sooo.. I am mostly done with scy's previous recommendation for romance mangas. I skipped the S&M one since I'm really not into that. Recently finished Uwagaki. Planning to read Wagatsuma-san but it's ending in two weeks so I'll wait for it to end to marathon till the end. Anymore recommendations for romance manga? I prefer completed or almost close to the end so I won't have to despair waiting for it to be completed.

what type of romance

its important

dani_dc

Tokyo Ghoul 6-10

Hide already survived longer than I expected, no way is he going to make it to the end of the story.
Never a big fan of the pigs analogy, at least not in stories taking themselves seriously, humans-pigs relations are in no way equivalent to humans-ghouls in the context of the story.

The new story arc seems to have started focusing on other ghouls that can't hunt, so this should tight nicely into the MC evolution.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bokura no Hentai
It's hard to imagine the Japan of Bokura no Hentai having birthrate problems when teenagers are this precocious when it comes to sex.

Owari no Chronicle Vol. 2-B

A bit more exposition and negotiations before leading into a battle against a sword god, a military god, an archer that manipulates moonlight, and an eight-headed flame dragon, in a space where both literal and implied meanings of names grant power. After the buildup from the last volume, this was definitely worth it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Sooo.. I am mostly done with scy's previous recommendation for romance mangas. I skipped the S&M one since I'm really not into that. Recently finished Uwagaki. Planning to read Wagatsuma-san but it's ending in two weeks so I'll wait for it to end to marathon till the end. Anymore recommendations for romance manga? I prefer completed or almost close to the end so I won't have to despair waiting for it to be completed.

Bonnouji
14 sai no koi

Both of them are pure pure love.

dani_dc

Tokyo Ghoul 10-15

So far the Ghouls were humanized and the story introduced the extreme humans that take their tasks to an exaggerated end to the point of being evil.

Bokura no Hentai
It's hard to imagine the Japan of Bokura no Hentai having birthrate problems when teenagers are this precocious when it comes to sex.
To be fair, how much heterosexual sex has there been in the series so far?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's fair. Although Ryou's girlfriend was totally asking for it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Teens having sex shouldn't be the metric for birthrate though. Probably more due to socioeconomic factors when they graduate.
I mean, the real problem is the lack of immigration. Think about the lack of diversity in manga, anime, and jdrama. A first world homogeneous country that makes it difficult for foreigners to become citizens (and there is demand from the Philippines, if nothing else) is going to just go through what they're going through.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, the real problem is the lack of immigration. Think about the lack of diversity in manga, anime, and jdrama. A first world homogeneous country that makes it difficult for foreigners to become citizens (and there is demand from the Philippines, if nothing else) is going to just go through what they're going through.

Yeah, immigration is definitely an issue as well. Japan (and most east asian countries really) seems like a pretty insular country, even coming from Australia where we have tons of immigration controversies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well isn't 25% of the population over 70? That would skew any birthrate figures horrible, no matter how promiscuous the teens are.
Well, the thing we have to remember is that sex != pregnancy, so there isn't a direct correlation between the amount of sexual encounters and the birthrate. It probably skews harder in wealthier countries where women can have sex without feeling shamed about it due to a more progressive culture, have more options for birth control, and choose to have their own careers over becoming mothers.

There is the one point that abortion is illegal in Japan, but I'm sure a pregnant teen who doesn't want their child will have some options. Even if they have to resort to unsafe options.

Yeah, immigration is definitely an issue as well. Japan (and most east asian countries really) seems like a pretty insular country, even coming from Australia where we have tons of immigration controversies.
Japan seems to have lots of problems even dealing with the Koreans, Chinese, and Brazilian returnees. And now they basically have many Filipinos "taking their jobs". It's an American tea partier's wet dream of false panic.

Koharu no Hibi.
Oh wow, I totally forgot about this one. lol

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
No yaoi or yuri or S&M. Anything else is fine.

I'm done with Bonnouji. 14 sai no koi is not yet completed right? I think I'm updated with the latest released chapter.

Oh, you've read Bonnouji.

Yeah, 14 sai no Koi not yet complete.

Ore Monogatari, not yet complete, but i think it's really worth it.

Antiwhippy

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...bound-in-monthly-girls-nozaki-kun-cafe/.78626

Finally, we can celebrate tanuki death by eating them.

17aa42f3.jpg

Quasar

Well, the thing we have to remember is that sex != pregnancy, so there isn't a direct correlation between the amount of sexual encounters and the birthrate. It probably skews harder in wealthier countries where women can have sex without feeling shamed about it due to a more progressive culture, have more options for birth control, and choose to have their own careers over becoming mothers.

True. And I guess in the west the whole teen mother phenomenon does skew totally to the poorer end of the economic spectrum. makes me wonder what sex education is like in Japan.

There is the one point that abortion is illegal in Japan, but I'm sure a pregnant teen who doesn't want their child will have some options. Even if they have to resort to unsafe options.

I imagine for wealthy it probably means abortion holidays to some neighbouring country, a bit like what happens in Ireland.

wonzo

Banned
Inside Mari 34
bokumarinaka34.jpg

yessssssssssss

jesus christ mari's old friends are such human garbage. hope glasses goes fukken nuts on them

Shinozaki 17.5

Can't wait till she finds out the truth.

Mob Psycho 100 67.1-67.3

;-;

upandaway

Aqua/Aria are among my most favorite series. I'm really happy to see you like it that much.

The extra chapter from volume 2 contains a character only introduced later in Aria. So even if you'd want to seek it, I suggest to wait until you've at least read the third volume of Aria.

The anime is good and it adapts the entirety of the manga plus some anime-original episodes. It also adds a new character, though she doesn't appear much. Although I generally prefer manga versions to everything due to pacing, I say watch the Aria anime anyway because, yes, the soundtrack is amazing.

Edit:
Looking around, apparently the scans of Aqua volume 2 is actually missing two chapters? My physical book has "Navigation 09: A Hero is Born" and "Special Navigation: Cold and Pudding". What's up with that?
In the raws ch9 is Fireworks (ch10 in the English version), ch7 was moved to ch8 too in English too, and the special is Othello which I can't see in the English version (it might be a one-shot). Maybe these raws are an old version or something, dunno.

I really want to watch the anime now, hmmm... but I wanna read the manga too, and I think I'd rather watch after reading than the vice versa. What a dilemma!
I guess I'll read now then watch down the line. Or at least start with this plan then change it if I want to.

In the raws ch9 is Fireworks (ch10 in the English version), ch7 was moved to ch8 too in English too, and the special is Othello which I can't see in the English version (it might be a one-shot). Maybe these raws are an old version or something, dunno.

I really want to watch the anime now, hmmm... but I wanna read the manga too, and I think I'd rather watch after reading than the vice versa. What a dilemma!
I guess I'll read now then watch down the line. Or at least start with this plan then change it if I want to.

Aaa yes. "Othello: Ebony & Ivory" is a one-shot included in the original Aqua volume back in 2001. The reprint in 2003 changed it to "Colds and Pudding" instead. (and since Aria started in 2002, the extra chapter features a character only introduced later in the chronology).

Yes yes. Read the manga first is my recommendation.

Lain

Most ntr don't give put in as much effort in narration compared to Seme Danjou ones. It's usually < insert reason to cheat > so that the author could get an excuse to draw ahegao faces during sex. And for known names like Sanbun Kyoden, Nagare Ippon or Tanaka Aji, it's a race to the bottom for how depraved, over-the-top the situation can get. Musa is different because the girl not only realized they are other men out there but there is this tingling sense of regret and tragedy of what could have been. Plus that 1 in a million chance the kid could be his. It's ironic because more H artist should use this template considering Musa was one of the earlier works before the whole NTR trend took off.

In certain genres, you might just be the one closest to my preferences in GAF. It's about time you read the last volume of Punpun! Also, have you checked out Platform from Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu?

I still have to sit down and read the last of volume of Punpun proper, though I did skim through it. Tragically depressing is a description I'd apply to it.
I've only read Eden by Endo, but I'll give this one a look if I can find it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Is this yandere? I'll give it a try..

I'm a bit turned off by the art style but I can read a few chapters and see how it goes from there. Is it close to the end?

Drawing might be rough, but the romance is strong on that manga. It's not close to ending yet unfortunately.

Kurita

I still have to sit down and read the last of volume of Punpun proper, though I did skim through it. Tragically depressing is a description I'd apply to it.
I've only read Eden by Endo, but I'll give this one a look if I can find it.
I have to buy Punpun vol.12 today...

Antiwhippy

World of law and order

I was hoping that this would be an adaptation of the classic Dick Wolf show.

Instead it's some too-edgey-to-be-cool survival game korean comic.

Goddamnit.

dani_dc

Boku Wa Mari No Naka 34

Petty high school stuff, I'm surprised glasses is intervening after her speech about not wanting Mari life to be destroyed.

Tokyo Ghoul 10-15

So far the Ghouls were humanized and the story introduced the extreme humans that take their tasks to an exaggerated end to the point of being evil.

To be fair, how much heterosexual sex has there been in the series so far?

Well you'll find out that both sides aren't so black and white. And that both sides have grey area's. Which is one of the reasons why I love this manga.

Antiwhippy

How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword 1-3

This is weirdly touching for an adaptation based on dragon quest V fanfiction written on 2ch.

dani_dc

Well you'll find out that both sides aren't so black and white. And that both sides have grey area's. Which is one of the reasons why I love this manga.

I'm up to around Chapter 33 now and thankfully things are starting to get more grey, the entire arc went a bit like I was expecting, but that's not necessary a bad thing.
Touka is not looking as good right now, and the Inspector that survived will have a lot to think about.

Just got introduced to the "Gourmet" Ghoul, who comes off as a clearly bad guy, so lets see how things go from here on out.

Nordicus

Is Reiroukan Still Alive? 1-7

This manga is just incredibly enjoyable. The characters are great and diverse, from visual design (holy smokes, these women!) to small details of their personalities. I was especially happy when the 2 kinda nerdy characters had the balls to pull a prank on the main character after he called them big kids. They didn't have long speeches about how he's a pleb, get severely embarrassed or vow eternal vengeance.

No, they gave him some knock-out meds with his wine and dragged him into a girl's room in his underwear. It was an overblown reaction, but it was also humorous, little inventive and immediate.

And I don't think I'm giving the art too much praise by saying it's on same level with Kaoru Mori's series. So much emphasis on giving everything proper texture, the careful, deliberate and yet incredibly common hatching and crosshatching

I think Prison School chairman's also pretty pleased with the art (NSFW)

Nordicus

More people for the Reiroukan club!
I was in Reiroukan club before I had even read a chapter!

The image of a thin man with short hair, thick eyebrows, glasses and a constant frown suddenly pulling a moonwalk had me wondering if somebody had planted cameras in my apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom