• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Alucard

Banned
Data could you post your match of the year candidates again so Alucard can add them into his initial post?

1 Yuji Okabayashi vs Shuji Ishikawa(c) (BJW World Strong Heavyweight Championship)
2 Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Zack Sabre Jr (NOAH)
3 Minoru Suzuki vs Kzushi Sakurab(NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9) Not the full match in the link, it's a PV. If you have NJPW World, I think you'll have to look through the whole event to find it. You can also find the match 'other ways' I'm sure.
4 Kota Ibushi vs Shinsuke Nakamura(NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9) Same deal as number 3.
5 Kotaro Suzuki vs Atsushi Aoki(AJPW Junior League Finals)

With links this time.

Added to the OP. Think I might make my own list of matches to check out in 2015 so far.

Also, thanks to besada for fixing the title of the thread.

Jamie OD

I'm getting more and more convinced that Lesnar Vs Reigns (including a possible Rollins cash in) will not close out the show.

Alucard

Banned
So Uhaa Nation basically just confirmed the WWE rumors. He had an amazing match with BxB Hulk and after the loss he got on the mic and said it was his last Dragon Gate match. They made a big deal out of it and a bunch of the roster came out to speak about him and show respect. Every member of the roster is individually telling him goodbye and breaking into tears.

Awesome for him, and hopefully awesome for the WWE and its roster. Future WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

That's a pretty sweet photoshop, I gotta say. You can judge that it's fake a little bit with the pic quality being uneven around the neck a bit, but this is damn good.

Alucard

Banned
I'm getting more and more convinced that Lesnar Vs Reigns (including a possible Rollins cash in) will not close out the show.

If they really want to crown Roman as the guy, I don't think he needs to go on last, but it would definitely help. However, if Triple H and Sting or Taker and Bray somehow have a tremendous match before Brock and Reigns, you better believe that main event has to be something special.

Hasney

Eh, there's nothing else that makes sense as the main event really. It's not one of those cards where you could look at something like Hogan and Rock to do it.

You could always have Brock/Reigns at midcard then later have Kane and Big Show destroy him backstage, drag him to the ring for a cash-in, kick out of a curb stomp and then hit a spear to close out the show.

Then, IF YA SMELLLLLLLL.... and the locker room empties to hoist Reigns on their shoulders.

Alucard

Banned
ROH 13th Anniversary thread

OP reposted for the lazies:

TONIGHT
roh030115.jpg

What is Ring of Honor?

Arguably the #2 or 3 pro wrestling promotion in North America after the WWE. Check out their weekly show here: http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current

What is the 13th Anniversary Show?
ROH's 3rd live PPV. The other two were Best in the World last June, and Final Battle this past December. It costs $35. Check out your television.

Okay, so who's gonna be on this thing?
It's actually pretty stacked with some of the biggest names in indie and pro wrestling in general: AJ Styles, The Young Bucks, Samoa Joe, Alberto El Patron, Christopher Daniels, Matt Sydal, etc.

Here's the card:

High Stakes Four Corner Survival for the ROH World Championship
Jay Briscoe ( c ) v Michael Elgin vs Tommaso Ciampa v Hanson
roh-13.jpeg

As the calendar changed from 2014 into 2015 the ROH World Championship picture was one of chaos. You had former ROH World Champion Michael Elgin, Hanson and “The Sicilian Psychopath” Tommaso Ciampa all coming off impressive years with what they believed were claims as the #1 contender to ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe. The 3 challengers would do battle in a #1 contenders match on ROH Television which ended with no clear winner. That forced ROH matchmaker Nigel McGuinness into a corner. How could he pick one contender above all with no decisive winner? ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe, never one to back down from a challenge, made Nigel's decision very easy. Briscoe would let Nigel and the world know he was “All In”! He wanted all 3 men in one match live on Pay Per View. The Four Corner High Stakes Survival for the ROH World Championship is exactly as it states. Can Elgin reclaim what he says should be his? Can Hanson cap off an amazing year in ROH by winning the biggest prize in professional wrestling? Can Ciampa stay focused long enough to fulfill what he deems to be his destiny? Briscoe is bringing everything he has and will be ready for everything. The stakes are high and the richest prize in the sport is on the line in our main event at Ring of Honor's 13th Anniversary Spectacular, live on Pay Per View.

ROH World Television Championship
Jay Lethal ( c ) w/ Truth Martini vs Alberto El Patron
patronlethalfull1.jpg

When this match-up is mentioned among fans it is usually prefaced as a dream match. This coming Sunday that dream match will become reality. Upon his arrival in ROH, Alberto El Patrón wanted an opportunity to speak with his fans on ROH Television. Alberto proclaimed that he was finally among the best wrestlers on the planet and he wanted a shot at the most important title in professional wrestling, the ROH World Championship. Lethal and Truth Martini took offense to this with Lethal believing that he is the measuring stick and holder of the most important title in ROH as the World Television Champion. This rivalry has taken on a personal twist as Lethal feels Alberto overlooked him as a champion. El Patrón believes Lethal has challenged his manhood, something for which Alberto will not stand. Can Lethal add Alberto El Patrón to the record list of contenders he has defeated? Can Alberto El Patrón make history by ending the historic reign of Lethal?

ROH World Tag Team Championship
reDRagon ( c ) v IWGP Jr Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks
tag-championship_roh-13th-PPV.jpg

The rivalry between reDRagon and The Young Bucks has reached literally global levels of acclaim and competition. They have battled each other in three nations while trading two internationally recognized championships between them: the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship and the ROH World Tag Team Championship. Both of these teams have become known for their cocky arrogance as well as incredible athleticism. They each truly believe they are THE best in the world. Every match between them raises the stakes even higher. After being voted the 2014 ROH Match of the Year, you know these teams are bound and determined to win in 2015 as well! With the bar already set so high, we can promise you that March 1st will be a special and unforgettable night of professional wrestling.

IWGP Heavyweight Champion “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles vs ACH
stylesachfull.jpg

AJ Styles, the leader of the vaunted Bullet Club, has been on a roll since returning to Ring of Honor a little over a year ago. He has turned back some very tough challenges and his opponent at the 13th Anniversary Spectacular will be no different. ACH is young, hungry, rambunctious and motivated. AJ has publicly that his goal in 2015 is to win the ROH World Championship. ACH also has aspirations to capture the most important prize in professional wrestling. These two high-flying superstars will meet in Las Vegas, live on pay Per View and bring the battle into the stratosphere.

Moose vs Mark Briscoe
moose-vs-briscoe.jpg

Though former NFL Star Moose has been in Ring of Honor for only a short time, he has made it known that ROH gold is his destiny - and he wants the chance to get it as soon as possible. The streetwise Stokley Hathaway and vivacious Veda Scott have their monster primed for gold and don’t want to wait. Recently, at a Ring of Honor event in Dayton, Ohio, Moose showed up unannounced to watch the main event, a dream tag team encounter between The Briscoes and Matt Sydal & ACH. While at first it seemed he was scouting the main event scene, after the match, Moose attacked The Briscoes and Sydal! After a spear recently on ROH Television, Moose has now left Mark Briscoe laying two times and the ROH Original isn’t going out like that. Mark recently stated he has hunted many things, but Moose isn’t one and he is coming hunting this Sunday for the biggest Moose in professional wrestling

Cedric Alexander vs Matt Sydal
030115sydalcedric.jpg

Cedric Alexander is seems to be one step away from greatness at any moment, while #Reborn Matt Sydal is in a fight to get to the very top of ROH for the first time. These two athletically gifted individuals will be battling not just to be the winner but to also position themselves as a true contender to the ROH World and Television Championships.

The Kingdom vs The Addiction vs The Bullet Club
6manfull.jpg

You have the destructive IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions in Doc Gallows & Karl “Machine Gun” Anderson, you have the flashy Addiction in Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian and you got the brash Kingdom in Matt Taven & Michael Bennett all clashing for tag team supremacy. The Addiction need a big win like this to set them on the path towards championship gold. The Bullet Club just regained the IWGP Tag Team Championship and are looking to lay waste to anyone that steps up. The Kingdom is on a roll with a huge win last weekend in tag team Armageddon over the Briscoe Brothers and want to keep moving forward. All 3 want to shine in Las Vegas, a victory here puts the winners on a collision course with the ROH World Tag Team Champions!

Maria Kanellis w/Michael Bennett vs O.D.B w/Mark Briscoe
odbmariafull1.jpg

The hatred between the Briscoes and The Kingdom is certainly not a new development. Maria Kanellis is the Queen of the Kingdom and is used to getting her way. She has developed a reputation of using The Briscoes' lack of willingness to come into physical contact with her to her advantage. Time and time again Maria would stick her nose into The Kingdoms/Briscoe Brothers business. The Briscoes finally made a call to even the odds. That call was to the toughest, most-down-and-dirtiest broad they know, O.D.B (One Dirty Briscoe) ! Her credentials and capabilities speak for themselves. She is internationally known as a star of women's wrestling and one of the most uniquely talented athletes of all time. Maria is scared stating over and over that she is not a wrestler. This Sunday night, she will not be able to run. O.D.B. is coming to handle business Briscoe style!

“Mr ROH” Roderick Strong vs BJ Whitmer
strong-vs-whitmer.jpg

After a year of functioning as a unit in The Decade, BJ Whitmer and Adam Page decided it was time to kick Roderick Strong out of the group. Whitmer would take to media outlets and accuse Strong of being egotistical and self-centered. Strong would remind BJ of everything he has in ROH while Whitmer he has never been seen as "the man". Words would turn into violence as Whitmer and Strong have now taken any chance available to get their hands on each other. At 13th Anniversary these two will tear into each other in front of the world. Can the bully, BJ Whitmer, prove his relevance to “Mr. ROH”? Can Strong finally shut Whitmer’s mouth and move past The Decade?

Also scheduled to appear:
RESEM4429113throtorjoe.jpg

After recently parting ways with TNA, SAMOA JOE returns to ROH for the first time since 2008.

So yeah, check it out, help support a pro wrestling alternative, and strap in for some of the best in-ring action in the world today. Or something. Who's in?

Hasney

Not a bad looking card, but I do have a difficult time supporting a company who keeps the belt on someone like Jay Briscoe. Even keeping him employed with some of his comments would make it hard.

Alucard

Banned
Not a bad looking card, but I do have a difficult time supporting a company who keeps the belt on someone like Jay Briscoe. Even keeping him employed with some of his comments would make it hard.

Yeah, those two twitter comments will follow him around forever. Pro wrestlers should probably keep controversial political views to themselves, especially ones that outright promote discrimination or intolerance.

Hasney

UTu5oFQ.jpg

Brock isn't exactly the best in this issue either.

What's Brock said? I didn't follow him when he left

I'd have had less of an issue if ROH actually punished him for saying that rather than have him as the face of the company.

Damn ninjas cutting onions...the send off for Uhaa Nation at Dragon Gate today was great, half the damn roster were in tears, especially Tozawa and a lot of the younger guys. He put on an excellent main event with Hulk as well, probably my favourite of BxB's title reign so far. It's going to be great to see so many new fans becoming aware of just how awesome Uhaa is once he arrives in WWE.

Hasney

Never seen a Uhaa match, but I almost want to just see it as a spoiler and see what he shows when he hits NXT.

I also want to see a Joe that actually gives a shit again... And might actually be one of the guys to get a better name once they start in NXT for once.

bjork

I've only seen one episode of ROH ever, but I'm actually interested in seeing that Lethal/El Patron match, which sounds really weird to say.

Also, I think I am retired from Supercard. I just can't crack into that final tier and it's frustrating.

Kaladin

Allucard, the 13th Anniversary show will be online soon after the PPV, right?

Actually, I see that it should be online immediately following the PPV airing.

But still $35.

I think the WWE Network has spoiled me in that I think $35 is too high for a PPV.

I doubt I'd pay $35 even if I could watch it live, but that price for a VOD viewing after the fact? I think I'm going to have to pass on that one, sorry ROH.

Never seen a Uhaa match, but I almost want to just see it as a spoiler and see what he shows when he hits NXT.

The first thing everyone notices about Uhaa is that he's a big dude who does flips, but the more you watch him the more you appreciate how versatile he is - today's match was a great example, as he had to sell the hell out of his leg and did a fantastic job of reminding the audience he was in pain, even while on offence. Dude's brimming with natural charisma and has a ton of athletic ability, I'm sure he'll go down very well with the NXT crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws1ez0kzAZQ

kiguel182

That ROH card is actually pretty great. I might check if out if I can remember to do it.

It's a shame that idiot is still their champ, I think I would be more motivated to follow their product if they had someone more interesting as the top guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Does kissing make you gay?

Damn ninjas cutting onions...the send off for Uhaa Nation at Dragon Gate today was great, half the damn roster were in tears, especially Tozawa and a lot of the younger guys. He put on an excellent main event with Hulk as well, probably my favourite of BxB's title reign so far. It's going to be great to see so many new fans becoming aware of just how awesome Uhaa is once he arrives in WWE.

"Ninjas"? Boots are you a juggalo?

Would like to see Uhaa's goodbye. Bigger and better things, hopefully.

Kaladin

Why would you give a Briscoe the title...that's like giving Jay Uso the WWE championship.

You obviously haven't watched ROH in a while. Jay Briscoe is a great character and he hasn't lost in what....3 years or so now? Allucard or Bootaaay might know better on that one.

They've built him up to be a great singles competitor whereas before when he got world title shots it was more or less a guaranteed win for the Champ even though it would be a good match.

RP912

Banned
You obviously haven't watched ROH in a while. Jay Briscoe is a great character and he hasn't lost in what....3 years or so now? Allucard or Bootaaay might know better on that one.

They've built him up to be a great singles competitor whereas before when he got world title shots it was more or less a guaranteed win for the Champ even though it would be a good match.

Yeah I been off and on with ROH. The only time I actually stayed in tune was when Steen held the company hostage. So pardon my ignorance :(.

DMczaf

Rewatching the Rumble triple threat match. Brock's Final Boss character is so God damn good. It's a damn shame this last year will be thrown away to coronate Big Daddy Cool Reigns

Top Bottom