• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marco Polo S2 |OT| Come for Marco, stay for the Great Khan (July 1st)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
Ep 6 spoilers

Alright, that Kokachin storyline took a twist I wasn't expecting, although I probably should have.

KarmaCow

Episode 2
's name is real dark in retrospect. I'm kinda surprised that they doubled down on Ahmed's stupid mural. I guess it shows how oblivious Kublai is to his own surroundings but it's too cartoonish.

Kiraly

It should start when you start season 2.

Michelle Yeoh owning it so far.

I didn't get that, it went straight to the beginning of season 2 :(

Edit: Never mind, it can be found under Trailers & More

Plus, found this helpful image!

tLFhxs1.jpg

Finished Season 2. Really liked it, sort of felt like it maybe needed some extra episodes though just to expand on a few things.

Really hope with that cliffhanger ending that we don't have to wait another 18 months for Season 3 though.

Hope they find a role for Khutulun to play that isn't just her getting revenge for the death of her father.

Also hope Marco finally gets rid of his father permanently. Or Kublai does.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
This is the first time I had to watch the recap video for a show. First episode is off to a good start.

finished it. way darker that the first season. I enjoyed it a lot but found the ending was a bit of a let down I wish the last episode was maybe 15 minutes longer.

Toa TAK

Banned
I think I enjoyed this season more than the first. Thought the story was a little more engaging and now I'm a big fan of the Empress. Going to need that season 3 stat!

However some cons:
-Not enough Hundred Eyes
-Not enough Michelle Yeoh
-Marco's Dad

But damn. Good season, I think.

Marathoned it and liked it overall. Some interesting stuff left at the end.

I did like Nergui (plus Marco) but obviously she had it rough...I'd rather they reveal Kublai's wife did not follow through...

Marco had some moments, developing an edge. And his father Niccola was the surprise asskicker of the show near the end. Plus that dancer Marco hooked up with would make anyone forget about the locals.

Gabriel Byrne showing up was a get for the show. Michelle Yeoh would have been nice to have around more.

Show did get tough/deadly on some characters by the end. Will rewatch select episodes.

Rubenov

I'm overseas... Do VPN services still work with Netflix or did they get rid of that? Watched Season one and would like to watch this one.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So how was Kublai Khan this season? Main reason I tuned in last season.

I'm only two episodes in, but still so good.

I'm overseas... Do VPN services still work with Netflix or did they get rid of that? Watched Season one and would like to watch this one.

Ask in this thread. As far as I know, the only one people are having luck with is Getflix. The majority of them don't work anymore.

Sheroking

Finished it off. Quite good.

Really hope I don't have to wait 18 months for season 3. Actually, I just hope there is a Season 3. Most Netflix things get renewed, but this show seems expensive and we hardly saw a huge hype train.

Sex spoiler/question:
Fuck is that sex position Chabi and Ahmad are doing?

Yeah...

keep watching.

Really hope I don't have to wait 18 months for season 3. Actually, I just hope there is a Season 3. Most Netflix things get renewed, but this show seems expensive and we hardly saw a huge hype train.
I was thinking the same thing but I don't think Netflix would allow it to end on a cliffhanger like that if they didn't intent to renew.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Fucking fantastic, can't wait to start watching on Wednesday. Loved the first season, one of the better shows.

KorrZ

Enjoyed the first season all the way through, it had some issues but in general I think the show was a tad underrated.

Just watched S2E1 and it's off to a good start.

Sheroking

Spoilers through the finale:

If we do get a Season 3, I really hope Kublai smartens the fuck up about Marco. He doesn't really deserve his loyalty at this point.

I mean, Marco has now saved his life 4 times, his sons life twice and saved his entire empire. He engineered Kublai's victory at the walled city. He personally uncovered Ahmed's conspiracy and delivered the child emperor.

Kublai side-eyeing the shit out of him and plotting against Marco after ALL THAT, actually got me feeling pretty indignant for Marco.

TraBuch

Banned
After listening to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History episodes about the Mongols, I kinda wish that instead of Marco Polo and Kublai Khan, this was about Genghis Khan and Subutai. Subutai sounds like the most boss motherfucker ever.

Sunster

After listening to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History episodes about the Mongols, I kinda wish that instead of Marco Polo and Kublai Khan, this was about Genghis Khan and Subutai. Subutai sounds like the most boss motherfucker ever.

How would they handle all the massacring and pillaging though? Genghis would be a hard character to get behind.

EDIT: Well I guess they could do what History channel does with Vikings and just rarely show it. Might be more difficult with Genghis though cuz that's like his whole legacy.

TraBuch

Banned
How would they handle all the massacring and pillaging though? Genghis would be a hard character to get behind.

EDIT: Well I guess they could do what History channel does with Vikings and just rarely show it. Might be more difficult with Genghis though cuz that's like his whole legacy.
No idea. I just wanna see Subutai outsmart everyone in battle.

Enosh

Spoilers through the finale:

If we do get a Season 3, I really hope Kublai smartens the fuck up about Marco. He doesn't really deserve his loyalty at this point.

I mean, Marco has now saved his life 4 times, his sons life twice and saved his entire empire. He engineered Kublai's victory at the walled city. He personally uncovered Ahmed's conspiracy and delivered the child emperor.

Kublai side-eyeing the shit out of him and plotting against Marco after ALL THAT, actually got me feeling pretty indignant for Marco.
includes full season spoilers
seriously the loyalty Polo has for the Khan is just mind boggling

pretty good season, although I didn't get the ending, who are those guys with the cross? some peasant revolt? they seemed to have been carrying farming tools, also fucking cliffhangers, if this ends at season 2 I'll be angry -.-

and the introduction of the western army was kinda meh, would have preferred for the mongol v mongol civil war to be well a civil war, but in the battle it looked like most of that wannabe Khans army was made up of crusaders

Gallbaro

Banned
includes full season spoilers
pretty good season, although I didn't get the ending, who are those guys with the cross? some peasant revolt? they seemed to have been carrying farming tools, also fucking cliffhangers, if this ends at season 2 I'll be angry -.-

Preacher John. At some point during the crusades the pressure the Mongols put on the Muslim areas was originally mistaken as a long lost christian army on the enemies western boarder! Preacher John was likely a mispronunciation and then misunderstanding of Genghis Kahn.
Source Undercover History Podcast.

So goes without saying this is really now going off of the historical rails, as compared to just being off the rails.

Also the Mongols would have freaking annihilated a crusader army.

Preacher John. At some point during the crusades the pressure the Mongols put on the Muslim areas was originally mistaken as a long lost christian army on the enemies western boarder! Preacher John was likely a mispronunciation and then misunderstanding of Genghis Kahn.
Source Undercover History Podcast

I think you meant
Prester John

Rymuth

Episode 1: -
Holy shit, I missed Kublai so much. Every scene with him has me enthralled even when he's talking about mundane things.

- Thousand Eyes' sister monk makes her debut. Sparks will fly when she reunites with him again, also--sit your ass down, Marco. You can't fight.

- Damn, that ending with Kublai sending the heads to Kaidu. I knew something big was going to happen at the wedding, I just assumed there'd be an assassination attempt or something.

This is useful. I had no idea who Kaidu was because I gave a rat's ass for Marco and the Blue Princes last season.

I shouldn't have binge watched the whole season, now I have nothing to watch now that GOT is over. Solid season all round and an improvement over the last.

Jobbs

Banned
how are so few people seemingly watching this here on Neogaf?

It's so freaking good!

Watch it if only for the beautiful visuals -- The colors, costumes, sets, camera work, the shots -- It's so great!

985boi

how are so few people seemingly watching this here on Neogaf?

It's so freaking good!

Watch it if only for the beautiful visuals -- The colors, costumes, sets, camera work, the shots -- It's so great!

If it wasn't for this thread and a mobile notification from Netflix then I wouldn't have known that season 2 is available. Just not a lot of hype and advertising push for season 2 compared to the first season.

platakul

Banned
WOW the end of episode 3. That's a way you can take a thoroughly uninteresting character and make her EXTREMELY interesting

Finished the season, really enjoyed it. Hopefully we get a season 3. I've listened to the mongol hardcore history from dan carlin in the past but i might have to revisit it for the kubali parts. I forgot how his empire ended and his death etc... I'm sure the show took a wide left turn somewhere but curious as how far they got before they swerve.

Sunster

Conspiracy drama bullshit:
Why the fuck is everyone being so secretive about a conspiracy to kill the Khan?

Everyone who knew about it had something to gain by his death. Marco was just suspicious so he kept quiet until he knew for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom